Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Prime Nerf Please. Specifically, World On Fire.

Djolltax

Actually, you both need to either shut up or play in private lobbies.

Actually, no.

As mean as that sounds, it's the truth. You play in public? You're gonna get people who do things differently than you do/want/like/dislike. You play in private, you get a guaranteed match to yourself/+your friends. DE has made a way for you to have your fun, your way. It's really not hard - it's called 'Friends Only'. Or 'Solo'. Also, there's a 'Recruiting' tab in chat. You wanna talk about being 'respectful'? Respectfully ask them to change or leave. If they will not, reform your group. It. Is. Not. Hard.

This isn't your regular run of the mill trolling. This is quite literally preventing the other player from participating. No one should be outright prevented from playing, public game or not. If you want to kill everything by walking around so much, why don't YOU create a private game? You lose literally nothing by doing so, and others gain the ability to, you know, actually PLAY THE GAME.

Ember is finally a decent frame. Nerf her? No. Leave her as-is. If you invite me to a game, or I join your game, and I have Ember, you can ask me to change or leave. I will do so. Got no problems doing that; if that's not what you like, not a problem. I can go play with a friend or by myself. Heck, me, my wife, and a couple friends can all grab our Ember Primes and just ROFLSTOMP an Infested mission, just for the heck of it. Why? Because it's fun. Don't go asking for nerfs on frames simply because you don't like them when you have a very easy way of avoiding them.

No "decent" frame should be able to hit one button and walk along the entire level while everything else dies. So what if you have to use Accelerant? You know what that is, one more button. It's not complicated or hard. I honestly don't care if you like it or not. No one cares. No one should care about me either. You know what that means? Absolutely nothing. Caring doesn't make it any more or less okay. Don't go crying about nerfs for frames simply because you like them. See how that works? It doesn't. Because it doesn't mean anything. No one asks for a nerf because they don't like a frame, they ask for it because they don't like doing NOTHING. Doing nothing isn't fun. You should not have the ability to make someone do nothing in a game.

Don't mean to rant here, but this idea is, to be frank, stupid. The options are available to you. Host a private match? Easy. Recruit people for no-Ember run? Easy. Just as easy as it is for me to play in private.

The idea of not nerfing Ember is quite frankly stupid. There are options available to you. Play as another frame?  Easy. Same difference. Same meaningless things. You shouldn't be FORCED to play with someone else or by yourself, in a TEAM BASED game, to actually get to play.

You don't see me calling for nerfs on every frame that out-kills me. Most of the time I play as Frost Prime and help people with defense. I can end up 1st or 2nd in kills, but usually I'm only 2nd, and sometimes 3rd. Well, it's a defensive frame. I would expect that. Maybe there are people with 'madd skillz bruh' who have better stuff than me and can out-kill everyone as Frost Prime. Good for them! But I'm not going to scream NERF ALL THE MESAS NOVAS AND EMBERS because I don't out-kill the CC damage frames. I'm going to realize I'm playing team support, and I'm going to shut up. And team support.

For the last time, no one cares about kills. No one cares who's at the top of the damn chart. No one. What they care about is KILLING. You know, the main objective of the game? If you can't, not won't but physically CAN'T do it, what is your point? Why are you in the mission? Why are you there? NO player should join ANY game and be subjected to that. NONE. I don't care what role you play. I don't care how good you are. No one should be able to join a game and be completely unable, not unwilling, not untrained or unskilled, but UNABLE to participate in one of the game's basic functions. "Just play by yourself" is a ridiculous and inconsiderate thing to say when YOU'RE the one causing the problem. I don't care if you like being the problem.

Sounds like you can't deal with how other players choose to enjoy the game more than DeMonkey does.

You can hardly talk about anyone respecting your gameplace when you're so blatantly disrespectful of everyone elses.

No ones mad that you put time and effort into making a decent build - other players are mad that you're coming into the public matches and ruining their fun by playing the way you want to play and not being considerate about how they want to play.

If you're capable of face rolling content, why are you bothering with public matches? Honestly the only reason I can see is some kind of epeen or just massive disrespect for others for enjoyment.

Well they want to make our way to play impossible by limiting it with many nerfs. We DONT want to change their way of playing, we DONT care how they play, they can do whatever they want when playing with me in public, they just wont get kills if they try to melee xD but i dont want to change it.. thats the main difference

They want to force their opinion on us, we dont

Actually, no.

This isn't your regular run of the mill trolling. This is quite literally preventing the other player from participating. No one should be outright prevented from playing, public game or not. If you want to kill everything by walking around so much, why don't YOU create a private game? You lose literally nothing by doing so, and others gain the ability to, you know, actually PLAY THE GAME.

No "decent" frame should be able to hit one button and walk along the entire level while everything else dies. So what if you have to use Accelerant? You know what that is, one more button. It's not complicated or hard. I honestly don't care if you like it or not. No one cares. No one should care about me either. You know what that means? Absolutely nothing. Caring doesn't make it any more or less okay. Don't go crying about nerfs for frames simply because you like them. See how that works? It doesn't. Because it doesn't mean anything. No one asks for a nerf because they don't like a frame, they ask for it because they don't like doing NOTHING. Doing nothing isn't fun. You should not have the ability to make someone do nothing in a game.

The idea of not nerfing Ember is quite frankly stupid. There are options available to you. Play as another frame? Easy. Same difference. Same meaningless things. You shouldn't be FORCED to play with someone else or by yourself, in a TEAM BASED game, to actually get to play.

For the last time, no one cares about kills. No one cares who's at the top of the damn chart. No one. What they care about is KILLING. You know, the main objective of the game? If you can't, not won't but physically CAN'T do it, what is your point? Why are you in the mission? Why are you there? NO player should join ANY game and be subjected to that. NONE. I don't care what role you play. I don't care how good you are. No one should be able to join a game and be completely unable, not unwilling, not untrained or unskilled, but UNABLE to participate in one of the game's basic functions. "Just play by yourself" is a ridiculous and inconsiderate thing to say when YOU'RE the one causing the problem. I don't care if you like being the problem.

If they are unable to kill, because others kill faster then they can be happy that there was time saved

If they are unable to kill, because others kill faster then they can be happy that there was time saved

*slams head on desk*

Really. Am you have to say for yourself is that. Did you actually read why? Why you would want to kill something in a game designed around killing things? Do you remember what fun is?

*slams head on desk*

Really. Am you have to say for yourself is that. Did you actually read why? Why you would want to kill something in a game designed around killing things? Do you remember what fun is?

It's pointless, Rhino Face.

Save yourself the warning point - they're convinced they're doing everyone else a favor and nothing we can say will change their minds. 

Well they want to make our way to play impossible by limiting it with many nerfs. 

Never said that. Liar.

We DONT want to change their way of playing, we DONT care how they play, they can do whatever they want when playing with me in public, they just wont get kills if they try to melee xD but i dont want to change it.. thats the main difference

Says more about you than it does about me.

Unless the objective was to have fun killing stuff? Or are you unable to comprehend the fact that someone might actually want to play the game? Do you honestly think that every person you meet in public matches wants to be carried through the mission?

But nobody said anything.

Back on topic, new WoF is just fine where it is. Ember is supposed to be a high damage frame, and guess what she does now :D. And honestly, embers aren't really that overwhelming. I more often than not get more kills and damage than embers do using weapons alone unless I'm playing on a level where they 1 shot enemies.

This really doesn't need a nerf, people just need to learn how to play more efficiently.

Edited by Flowen231

Save yourself the warning point - they're convinced they're doing everyone else a favor and nothing we can say will change their minds. 

Except a warframe using a power to kill things is it doing it's job. Some warframes are meant to dps better than you. That maens they will end up with most of the kills. Lets be honest here, just for a second. If an ember is taking all your kills, it's time you did missions higher than level 20 enemies. 

Except a warframe using a power to kill things is it doing it's job. Some warframes are meant to dps better than you. That maens they will end up with most of the kills. Lets be honest here, just for a second. If an ember is taking all your kills, it's time you did missions higher than level 20 enemies. 

I agree and that is why I posted earlier asking why folks who have obviously been playing the game a good long while are working on low levels of the star map. Because after actually playing a geared out ember this is the only place it shines, low levels.

News flash: the reason you're on a mission is usually for "stupid mission rewards" how long has it been since you've played, or when did that anvil hit your head and make you lose half your memory?

Lol, your kinda of a d$&@ sir or madam.

Point is there is too much emphasis on loot and optimizing gear and powers, over actually having a good co-op experience.

No tension no fun. I refuse to make my joy in this game based on the accumulation of worthless resources. I've been playing continuously since the game came out on PS4, and well on my way to MR 21, as soon as the next update drops for us.

But lower levels are an issue that goes beyond frames, as it's an issue by default in any game with progression but that lets you travel back.

Another issue is how low levels is just about anything at the starting point of the mission, even T4 enemies are at rather low levels and easily get cheesed down to nothing, the only difference is that in T4 enemies have a multiplier on their damage, which is only there because if DE scaled them up instead, it would bring up the scaling issue very early rather than just later on (which is not that we don't scale but how armor and HP scale in a bad way).

Lower levels are an issue? Doing lower level stuff and breezing through it is an issue? Thats the opposite of a problem. I don't want to spend 5 minutes killing a level 5 heavy gunner.

Ember got buffed and for right now she is in a good place. Do you know why? WoF is her only defensive option at this point. She is a glass cannon that has no defensive abilities. You don't understand that she is powerful because she needs to be. Do you know most warframes have atleast 1 defensive ability?

Loki - Invis

Frost - snowglobe

Limbo - Rift walk

Volt - Electric Shield

Rhino - Iron Skin

Trinity - Link

Zephyr - Turbulence

excalibur - Exalted blade auto parry

chroma - elemental ward/vex armor

mesa - shatter shield

What does ember have as a defense ability? Nothing. WoF is her offense and her defense and the buff to WoF didn't change anything on her except give her more survivability. People would speed run with Ember before she got buffed. OP is only complaining because people are actually using her more now that she has some viability now. OP complaining is just like people complaining about excalibur. 

Nerfing WoF would be basically making ember worthless again. You can't nerf WoF without ember needing an entire rework and the WoF buff is the only reason she is viable but the damage isn't spectacular. WoF's only gimmick is that hits enemies faster then your teammates. IF that really bothered you just go excal and build a radial javelin build and you will outrange her with your default range and can get power cost to be pretty low. Anyone who is complaining about ember really has not used her much in endgame combat where its kill or be killed. She has no defensive capability and her cc is very limited to one group of enemies at a time. 

That being said anyone can run around draco and destroy everything with an ultimate if you modded it right... Did the OP ever complain about mesa using peacemaker to kill enemies before they ever could? 

Most frames can kill tons of enemies with two abilities, via ultimate and something else. But they have better range then ember's 15 meter WoF. If you were actually good, you could use a different a frame and do the same thing ember is doing.

No tension no fun.

I recommend that you don't forma any weapons or any frames then and you should only run t4 missions with a mk1 braton and warframes with no mods equppied then. Also you should only run solo as there is no tension if a teammate can just revive you. Also no companions or sentinels either as they can kill enemies for you. And don't bring anything stronger then a skana.

Just like you are convinced you are right and nobody can change your mind? You have a particularly closed mind to any other opinion besides your own. 

are you perhaps confusing ember for pre nerf mesa? Cause ember has a base 15 meter range. Its kinda low for an ultimate and it will get even smaller if whoever used ember equips narrow-minded. ( kinda ironic name for a mod in this situation ) Narrow-minded is a balanced corrupted mod as it limits power range. Meaning that ember that is burning everything has to get close to the enemies to kill them. You could use several other frames with abilities that have higher range to destroy your enemies if ember was that big of a problem. Unlike pre-nerf mesa who's peacemaker was LoS Ember's 15 meter range means she can't stand in the middle of a map and kill everything. She has to move from place to place. You can kill any enemy where ember isn't or you can outrange her with your abilities. I made a range/efficiency atlas and I outdps-ed an ember using WoF by just punching everyone. 

Even when Mesa's ruled Draco with an iron Redeemer i still got kills cause i don't sit and complain while the mesa kills people. I actually challenge myself to get as many kills as possible despite the mesa, and i was successful many times. 

Wanna out-dos an ember on draco? A few options for you

Banshee with sonar augment decent range and duration bring a syndicate weapon. Syndicate weapon will destroy enemies faster then WoF will

Excalibur Exalted blade does way more damage then WoF and can kill whole lines of grineer with one slash

Frost Avalanche can do immense damage to all enemies in its radius and can be modded to only cost 25 energy and can be easily spammable.

Atlas with range and efficiency can dash around with landslide faster then ember can run there. 

Volt with electric shield can fire lethal bullets that will hit enemies harder and faster then ember can kill them with wof. Soma especially

Zephyr with turbulence augment 235% power str and tonkor can clear out upto 30 enemies per shot making the ember look rather silly.

Rhino can use rhino roar and use an atomos to easily burn through groups of enemies. Same with amprex

Most frames can kill tons of enemies with two abilities, via ultimate and something else. But they have better range then ember's 15 meter WoF. If you were actually good, you could use a different a frame and do the same thing ember is doing.

And most frames can do that while being balanced, involving the player and requiring at least a trickle of thoughts into doing. Very little frames nowadays can hit 4 and run around while everything around them dies from the sheer power of your index finger and nothing else.