Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Hall Of Memories

DE_Adam

Not in this case

Because? I see nothing wrong  You have some personal bias against dota/moba style games.

No. However small the PvP team is, instead it could be working on projects that are connected with PvE. 

There are plenty of issues that they could focus their attention on. 

-sorting out single status mods (melee prowess, rifle aptitude, etc.)

-buffing up stats of older weapons that are ONLY mastery fodder right now

-figuring out new game modes

So yeah, time and resources wasted.

DE has more then enough man power to make those changes. It just the very slow pace of changes they set themselves. How long did it take to buff Ember? 9 months?

There is a difference in how PvE and PvP is balanced. Players love overpowered stuff in PvE as it only makes them more powerful. AI dummies won't complain about getting killed by overpowered weapons and skills. In PvP its whole different. Anything overpowered will e used between players. People actually like to see overpowered stuff getting nerfed in PvP.

A new shiny pvp map wont magically make the pvp fun.

Its going to take more than a map to bring me back.

Hahaha Yo get Wrecked PvP. Somone else actually sees how flawed you are. +1 me. Glad to come across none fan based comments for once. Edited by SCAPRIEST

I NEED this to be an independant exploratory space for people who are willing to delve into what memory passages are available and read through the events or memories they contain.

I don't think DE realizes what they have here.

This is the PERFECT opportunity to add more lore into the game through a discoverable library. Way better than anything simaris can do. Ancient battle simulations, memory replay, all that jazz.

that would explain the "massive" number of players PVP has

I dont know, have you tried to count them? How do you know PvP doesnt have enough players? 

If nothing, the mindless hatred towards this game mode is whats keeping people away. A baseless hatred.

But thats all going to change once they introduce Conclave exclusive items.

Hahaha Yo get Wrecked PvP. Somone else actually sees how flawed you are. +1 me. Glad to come across none fan based comments for once.

I was a fan once. Then I got few up of their "improvements" so I went to fallout 4 now. Not wasting my time with this broken PvP, instead of it being broken but fun like before now its both broken and not fun. If I want to play something like pvp 2.0 I'll download overwatch.

I dont know, have you tried to count them? How do you know PvP doesnt have enough players?

You play PVP right? how many familiar faces do you see on an average day?

quite a bit, all the new potential pvp players quit pretty damn fast, try talking to the ones who leave and ask them why

If nothing, the mindless hatred towards this game mode is whats keeping people away. A baseless hatred.

Baseless?:

• P2P connections with 8+ players make matches laggy for many who get saddled with a host running on a toaster, worse if your host decides to rage quit which happens far too often. The hosting system we have now just isn't cutting it
  • The unbalanced mess weapons and frames are in right now; let alone how difficult it is for new players to get into pvp with the way mods are set up in this mini-game
  • The core movement in this pvp mess is based on our fast parkour PVE main game which is an extremely poor fit for the type of pvp we have, very fast moving players with a huge time to kill makes killing players, the whole point of pvp, a chore
  • The lack of any real gamemodes; TDM, DM or CTF is about it, or If you foolishly wanted to play a private match with just your friends you're SOL.
  • we also have PVP bleeding over into PVE with the new PVP/PVE mods that can only be found in PVP or trading (trading which is a whole other mess on its own), they're arguably part of the PVE game thats locked behind the PVP one

there is plenty of hate to base here, in the end its not a fun or rewarding experience to the average player thats whats keeping them away

I feel like you're just choosing not to see it

the general rule with PVE games adding a PVP mode is that the PVP will be doomed to be half baked, and warframe seems to be following that rule just fine unfortunately

But thats all going to change once they introduce Conclave exclusive items.

barring cosmetics which would be perfectly fine, thats disgusting and i'll leave it like this

if you truly enjoy warframe's pvp, fantastic I hope you have a great time for years

but there are plenty of problems with the PVP mini-game we have now, while it is getting better bit by bit its very hard to see it really taking off and going anywhere in the future even with some pretty "conclave exclusives"

which is why alot of players see PVP updates and go "why are you wasting your time DE?" or better yet "Oh cool, too bad I'll never see it"

its an over salted mess, just look at this thread

quite a bit, all the new potential pvp players quit pretty damn fast, try talking to the ones who leave and ask them why

Baseless?:

• P2P connections with 8+ players make matches laggy for many who get saddled with a host running on a toaster, worse if your host decides to rage quit which happens far too often. The hosting system we have now just isn't cutting it
  • The unbalanced mess weapons and frames are in right now; let alone how difficult it is for new players to get into pvp with the way mods are set up in this mini-game
  • The core movement in this pvp mess is based on our fast parkour PVE main game which is an extremely poor fit for the type of pvp we have, very fast moving players with a huge time to kill makes killing players, the whole point of pvp, a chore
  • The lack of any real gamemodes; TDM, DM or CTF is about it, or If you foolishly wanted to play a private match with just your friends you're SOL.
  • we also have PVP bleeding over into PVE with the new PVP/PVE mods that can only be found in PVP or trading (trading which is a whole other mess on its own), they're arguably part of the PVE game thats locked behind the PVP one
there is plenty of hate to base here, in the end its not a fun or rewarding experience to the average player thats whats keeping them away

the general rule with PVE games adding a PVP mode is that the PVP will be doomed to be half baked, and warframe seems to be following that rule just fine unfortunately

barring cosmetics which would be perfectly fine, thats disgusting and i'll leave it like this

if you truly enjoy warframe's pvp, fantastic I hope you have a great time for years

but there are plenty of problems with the PVP mini-game we have now, while it is getting better bit by bit its very hard to see it really taking off and going anywhere in the future even with some pretty "conclave exclusives"

which is why alot of players see PVP updates and go "why are you wasting your time DE?" or better yet "Oh cool, too bad I'll never see it"

its an over salted mess, just look at this threadThis this this

This guy is my new best friend

Even most of the avid players. You know the ones who were playing for 2+ years pre u16. Most gone and quit. I'd the passionate players are almost gone. I can only imagine the newbies

Edited by Eureka.seveN

This this this

Even most of the avid players. You know the ones who were playing for 2+ years pre u16. Most gone and quit. I'd the passionate players are almost gone. I can only imagine the newbies

I feel you bro this game at like 1am is dead the other day I could literally count with my fingers how many were at the recruiting chat at the time, the game is unfortunately losing pace I believe the major fault here the huge focus on unecessary PVP content and nerfs on stuff because people use it is making a mess out of the game

I feel you bro this game at like 1am is dead the other day I could literally count with my fingers how many were at the recruiting chat at the time, the game is unfortunately losing pace I believe the major fault here the huge focus on unecessary PVP content and nerfs on stuff because people use it is making a mess out of the game

... maybe everyone is asleep?

I don't think PVP is "dragging" the game down, arguably waste of effort the way its set up now.

I'd pin the blame on the horrible tutorials, stale missions/levels and lack of any real goal beyond loot

DE knows what the problems are

they're just the poor guys who are stuck actually fixing them and trying to please everyone (can't happen) while we get to *@##$

I don't think PVP is "dragging" the game down, arguably waste of effort the way its set up now.

I'd pin the blame on the horrible tutorials, stale missions/levels and lack of any real goal beyond loot

they're just the poor guys who are stuck actually fixing them and trying to please everyone (can't happen) while we get to *@##$

well but for a game at 1 am not having near any population is very bad dude i guess not everyone in the whole server goes to sleep at those hours

But.... I'm awake until 6am.... ;-;

This this this

No! He's my best friend now! I'll fight you for him!!

But seriously, once you're at a certain point in the game, there's really no point to continue unless you're running a clan seriously, or have some sort of serious role in the game. Or you're like me... just addicted to the game even after two years lol

Newbies: ermahgerd I love this game I need everything in it

Veterans: yeah not even worth it don't bother lol

Omg its Beautiful...but WHY, why PvP?!

I'm not against PvP, I guess some people feed on that competitive hype, bulling and trolling...and I'm VERY happy its has been separated and not mandatory...in this game or in some others...who are more popular... but cooommmeeeee on... do u really think players will appreciate such art or beauty of a Map when they have a player bashing them senseless with hammer or blowing them up with AoE weapons?

tumblr_npwl8nsMXO1thug2uo2_400.gif

I guess DE cares for all its players... a lesson to us all I guess.

Edited by 0zryel

Doesn't mean they can't keep making content for it.

They can multitask, you know.

Investing resources in something not desirable is a waste of resources. A better use of time would be perhaps either focusing on the type of content that is heavily consumed or identifying the root cause of what is not liked and changing it to get better adoption rates.

Investing resources in something not desirable is a waste of resources. A better use of time would be perhaps either focusing on the type of content that is heavily consumed or identifying the root cause of what is not liked and changing it to get better adoption rates.

And it's an opinion that it's a waste of resources.

It's only wasted resources if they aren't happy with it or nobody plays it. Even then, it's just a map, which hardly take the same amount of time to develop as an entire tileset does, along with the fact that it is quite obviously not hindering normal development in any way.

So it's a pointless comment to make. Especially since they can make new content and improve existing content at the same time, as they have always done and will very likely continue to do.

Huge wall of text behind the Spoiler.

I see enough familiar faces to play with. I cant speak for the ones quit nor do i care about them. Its none of my bussiness. I can find enough people to play with.

Baseless?:

* This game has been P2P since forever. It would take HUGE amounts of money to make things like that. I'd like that too but is there anything they can do? I imagine they cant or they like the things they are. You are right on the toasters and laggy people but even in games where they got their own servers, matches lags.

* I dont see unbalanced weapons for some reason. Most broken things are Gorgons and i dont think there's any broken frames in PvP aside from abuseable Equinox and maybe Rhino augment. Does that make the whole game Unbalanced mess? No. You are taking it too far. 

As for Newbies, we've all been newbies for once, their weaponry is strong enough to put up a fight, actually there are new players i played with in the past getting slowly better at it. Noone is going to be a good player over night. It takes time. You seriously cant expect MR1 players to fight and win against the veterans. That is nonsense.

* Core movement is fine. Noone is moving extremely fast. If someone is moving that fast, they sacrifice stats for that speed. PvP has its own stats and they are getting changed by each update. Fast movement is whats making this game interesting if i wanted to play something slow, i'd play CS or Battlefield or something. Whole thing about this game is being fast .We're Ninja's for gods sake, not CoD soldiers.

TTK is ok, it doesnt have to be faster or slower. If you cant catch someone who's constantly moving, you can use Hitscans to kill them or you can get better at using other weapons and be a complate badass. Any faster than this, it would be extremely boring, any slower than this then you'll see people not dying for years. At this point i dont even think you played conclave for once.

* Lack of real game modes? What more did you expect from the release? A full set of game mods? Those are the core game modes and if you read the Conclave roadman which i dont believe you did, there are other plans for that. As for Private matches, they are on the way. You just need to be patient since they are working on the U18.

* That isnt even a problem. Some PvP mods doesnt even worth a slot in PvE true and i was against this, but being able to trade mods and sell them is a good way for us to gain platinum. I was selling the Rare conclave drop mods from 100p a week ago. This isnt even a real complaint. You want it? Play it or buy from the ones who's playing it. Otherwise you'll have to make do with the ones in your hands. You cant seriously ask PvP exclusives to be available to the strictly PvE players. That is nonsense.

I agree that PvP is not exactly rewarding but rememeber, we're still at the very early stages of the PvP. There are bound to be silly mistakes and unfun factors. PvP could use rewards that doesnt break the game but at the same time actually reward the players but i think even that is not enough to make people love it.

Im not choosing not to see this. The thing tickles me is, there's some serious hatred towards this game mode. I formyself experienced the Comedy called PvP 1.0 and after playing a week i got extremely bored because there were no rewards and it wasnt even fun because everyone abused the same things. In the end PvP 2.0 put an end to this and i've seen players leaving because of that. Changes happens, they can adapt or just leave noone is forcing them to play 

I cant say i know games like that you are ignoring the fact that they are actually trying to balance and add new things to PvP. The only reason why i think lately we havent seen any proper changes is that they are workin on the U18 stuff which is perfectly fine.

its an over salted mess, just look at this thread

This is selfish though. Just because you are not playing PvP doesnt mean the PvP players should not get any updates or good stuff. They are making another part of the community happy with these changes.

And To be honest, all the salt in this mess is just wrong. As i mentioned in one of my post, people are complaining like they are not going to get the Moon base maps in PvE. They didnt say it was exclusive for PvP now did they? 

Overall the whole thing about this PvP hate is either people complately hating PvP and want this game to be strictly PvE or the ones who has legit reasons but overexaggerating things. Dont be selfish, PvP isnt even 1 years old by now. Just be patient, dont play it if you dont want to but you are not contributing to anything by saying "Waste" because thats not Feedback, thats complaining and a bit insulting to the players playing and loving it.

map looks amazing cant wait to play it and play the PVE tileset which is comming with U18

also PVE is the same since day one you just grind and to be honest its feel much better that PVP is there.

its like this PVE fuels PVP

you grind for the things you want in PVE and then use it in PVP (i know theres alot of stuff you cant use in pvp yet) but thats how i look at it cause to be honest, PVE gets boring and  half the time im just sitting in one spot pulling the trigger. After you play PVE long anuf u will get a load out where u can just camp and blast through 20waves easy in any void keys (1-4), so you dont like PVP o well stay away from it but its more for the Vet players really, most things they putting in that alot of players dont like are for vet players fo if you havnt been  through the real struggles of this game calm down your crying we vets love every new thing we see happen in this game even if it our cup of tea

No, no, not at all - this is just a PvP map BASED on the moon's tileset - like we have PvP maps based on the tilesets of other planets.

Ssshh dont tell them. I mean if they cant understand what they read and post 345346th copy of the same Comment why should you ?

I wonder what makes them think that new maps wont be coming to PvE. I mean its been said by DE in devstream that we're going to moon. Is it that hard to understand ?