Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Dirty Rhino Re-Texture

inkwhiz

It was a mission on Mars or Phobos like any other, then, it started to rain, heavily. It became a wrestling match in the mud, with a Juggernaut.

n3Fscqi.jpg

Ordis was not as happy as he usually would be, have this muck encrusted Tenno board the liset...

...He started fuming when the Tennos' kubrow, as soon as he was back in the Liset, shook off the dust, rust and clay he accumulated in his fur.

This isn't the fan zone section. Also, why are you making a rhino skin?

Sorry, the little story is to explain the how and why a such a re-texture could be appropriate in warframe, rather than being fan fiction.

I am making the Rhino skin partially because I think it's a little weird that it seems that Tenno are not capable of ever getting dirty. The other reason is that Rhino is or was classed as having Earth based powers and if nothing else I thought it would make a nice texture for the Rhino Relay statue.

I am working on a few different skins, figuring something out while working an one, then I apply that to different model or project later on. after i get some sleep I will make some more progress on rhinos' tint masks.

because rhino fanboi  and he clearly doesnt really know what tennogen is.

A quick guess is that 3D Model and Texture Viewer with an panorama of the Liset for environmental lighting/reflection that can upload archived static meshes and textures to steam workshop to see if enough players want them before they can be added into Warframe in order for some one to actually buy them so that those who make them get paid (in steam credits? ) minus Valve and DEs' cut?

it looks good, but i think it would need a little bit of blood mixed in with the mud, maroon-ish, and some juggernaut parts that are gelatinous sticking onto it.

Their is some red in their but that is clay, blood that is red when wet turns dark red/brown as it dries and wont be visible unless the infested have a different colored blood and guts,

As for "gelatinous parts" I could model and textures some but to make wobble like jelly. They would first need to be rigged and then possibly have some form of HDT physics extension applied.

Do you mean their being no Rhino specific tag in Tennogen or is it that am I not allowed to upload it?

Their is a "Warframe" tag, can I tick and then put "the mucky Rhino skin" in the title or description?

If not, I will simply keep it for later.

Do you mean their being no Rhino specific tag in Tennogen or is it that am I not allowed to upload it?

Their is a "Warframe" tag, can I tick and then put "the mucky Rhino skin" in the title or description?

If not, I will simply keep it for later.

They aren't looking at Rhino right now. It's just Excalibur, Mag, and Volt. So, yeah, hold on to it. When they allow people to make Rhino, then they'll also make his texture files available.

Plus, even if they were accepting Rhino skins, they probably wouldn't accept this. They'd be looking for at least a change to the tint mask (e.g. giving the frame a new pattern).

Edited by AntoineFlemming

the rhino model is in the shoulder extremes archive, open it 3ds max and some textures will appear in the same folder after some fiddling I managed to export at obj file that is at the correct size and facing the right direction for import into Tennogen.

I have been looking at those as a guide for making a tint mask for the body and helmet from scratch.

At the moment I am making it so that each tint is responsible for a different type of material type of material

I loaded the rhino.fbx into substance painter as well but even though I altered the dimension for the helmet to go from a 2048 by 2048 square to a rectangle 2048 wide by 1024 high in the texture set settings, I can't seem to find anything online on how to get the 2d and 3d views to update and apply those changes so that I can see them yet.

I think that pridesworth is right about me being a rhino fanboy.