Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toggle Flashlight

BenzinNinJa

Do you have Adaptive Exposure on?

Not dismissing your feedback, but I found that unless I turned that on some tiles are stupidly dark.

It seems the level designers are not treating Adaptive Exposure as an option anymore....

Edit : I created a thread in level feedback some time ago, and having a quick look now seems there are a number of people raising the same thing.

Edited by Egg_Chen

Do you have Adaptive Exposure on?

Not dismissing your feedback, but I found that unless I turned that on some tiles are stupidly dark.

It seems the level designers are not treating Adaptive Exposure as an option anymore....

Edit : I created a thread in level feedback some time ago, and having a quick look now seems there are a number of people raising the same thing.

I think I turned it off.

One of the graphics settings was causing stupidly bright lighting effects that was blinding me, but I couldn't quite figure out what, so I went for the "cluster bomb" solution, and turned off a bunch of things that sounded like they had an effect on brightness.

Test with it on, I found the lighting way off on some tilesets unless I used it.

I found once I turned it on that while still dark, the tilesets became bearable.

Your picture looks like the kind of image I got until I turned it on! 

It's on now.

I'll go looking for some infested missions on Grineer tilesets, and see if that does the trick.

At any rate, we should be able to toggle it.

Can we just have advanced vision mode(s) like Thermal or Electromagnetic or Ultraviolet or heck ... Void Sight for all I care. They would be easier to do because basically you are flipping around with shader formulas. Back in my younger days you could download presets for AMD video cards, but apparently people used to them to cheat in FPS games, so that stopped rather fast.

I'm sitting inside something more advanced then an Apache Helicopter, yet can't see in the dark. It's quite annoying.

My point exactly! Very well pit sir/sir-ette.

Well, the truth is that it's not actually a valid point. Wishful thinking, yes, but you have to remember that DE is adding things like screen shake and dark areas and all the other things - that, sorry DE, I like the game but I hate with the burning intensity of a thousand suns that you do this things - to make it "immersive".

I'm sure that in say 99% of people, this works fine, but in 1% of people that have color issues or vision issues or god forbid get fits, it is a terrible thing to do.

This is not real life. You can't simulate the effects of a real life environment when we are playing via a screen inside our lounge room. If I spin around to get a drink and look at a bright area in the room and back to a dark screen, my eyes will now see nothing. I would have to play inside a dark room to get my eyes to adapt to darker colors and that is instantly screwed anyway the instant a bright Frame ability is fired off.

If you shake my screen, my room won't shake as well. it's totally disassociated from what is really happening and just messes with your brain, no different that if your brain somehow produced a "you are falling" sensation while you were sitting down, as you would instinctively know something was wrong.

I basically have no option other then the just basically putting Brightness right up, messing with Contrast and washing out all the dark with basically an ugly grey mess. At least then I can actually see something.

Well, the truth is that it's not actually a valid point. Wishful thinking, yes, but you have to remember that DE is adding things like screen shake and dark areas and all the other things - that, sorry DE, I like the game but I hate with the burning intensity of a thousand suns that you do this things - to make it "immersive".

I'm sure that in say 99% of people, this works fine, but in 1% of people that have color issues or vision issues or god forbid get fits, it is a terrible thing to do.

This is not real life. You can't simulate the effects of a real life environment when we are playing via a screen inside our lounge room. If I spin around to get a drink and look at a bright area in the room and back to a dark screen, my eyes will now see nothing. I would have to play inside a dark room to get my eyes to adapt to darker colors and that is instantly screwed anyway the instant a bright Frame ability is fired off.

If you shake my screen, my room won't shake as well. it's totally disassociated from what is really happening and just messes with your brain, no different that if your brain somehow produced a "you are falling" sensation while you were sitting down, as you would instinctively know something was wrong.

I basically have no option other then the just basically putting Brightness right up, messing with Contrast and washing out all the dark with basically an ugly grey mess. At least then I can actually see something.

I think the point is very valid, whether or not 1% or 50% is having the issue. I think the game mainly moves too fast for most people to notice and/or care.

Toggle flashlight has practically been a standard feature since the turn of the millennium. Not having it in 2015 seems like a sloppy oversight. Especially if you consider that many medieval themed games has the option to pull out a torch, or something similar, to light your path, and the fact that we're placed in some distant and technologically advanced future.

I would also like to comment on your " would have to play inside a dark room to get my eyes to adapt to darker colors and that is instantly screwed anyway the instant a bright Frame ability is fired off." comment, because I've been having a similar issue, ever since I upgraded my graphics card, and have been able to run settings a bit higher, and with some features actually turned on.

The game has become TOO pretty in some cases. I often find myself just shooting into the confusing cluster of bloomy-particle effects that clutter my screen, when someone uses as ability. I have no idea what I'm shooting at anymore, I just hope that there's an enemy or two behind the WoF and Exhalted blade chaos that's going on.

The game becomes so pretty I can't even see how pretty it is. That seems like a stupid problem to have.

Space ninjas don't need flashlights. They need night vision ;)

Vision enhancements as exilus mods anyone?

Night, thermal, xray, bioform (everything greyscale except living beings), fof vision (enemies painted vibrant red allies blue etc)

These could be implemented as extra abilities any wf could use to allow for toggle on/off

Edit: actually infinte use toggle gearwheel items might make more sense

Edited by druworld22

Every once in awhile I get asked how to toggle flashlight in game.

I jokingly tell them the toggle is Alt+F4. Then I feel bad :)

Troll alert!

But back to subject +1 to toggle for flash light, its on when I don't need it, and never there when I want it