The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Couple Extraction Suggestions

(PSN)B0XMAN517

I may be bad at using the search function. I know I'm not the first to think this, but could not find a similar topic.

There are a couple glaring issues with the way we extract that could be easily fixed (easy in theory I don't know how to code). I'm aware of workarounds to these problems, but workarounds belong in Players Helping Players and not Feedback.

We've all experienced the extraction troll. Everyone votes to stay and at the last second someone/everyone leaves.This could be fixed by locking players in the" vote to stay" option, once everyone has voted to stay. You would only be "locked to stay" if everyone votes that way. The timer will still count once everyone is locked (that timer is a great time to drop energy pads or let cryopod heal a bit). If only 3 vote to stay, no one will be locked. I'm suggesting this over restarting the timer when someone changes their decision because trolls would have a field day with that one.

Early single extraction. This would allow a player to leave a mission by themselves without ending the mission for everyone. This is sorely needed in non void missions. You join a Pluto DSS wanting to stay to rot C, while the other person is leveling unranked weapons and only wants/can stay for 5 or 10. You shouldn't be forced to leave early, they shouldn't be forced to stay, and you shouldn't be forced to play a multiplayer game solo.

Host only void survival extraction. When you host a survival using your key, extraction can only happen if your're in the extraction area or dead. This sort of contradicts the "Early single extraction", but in this case people are joining a mission via your key.  An example of when/why this would be used: You recruit for a t4 survival and specify that the group is staying for 40 min (you make sure that everyone knows this) yet come 20 - 30 min people start running for extraction, forcing the mission to end. It's your key and you specified the time. You should not be "punished" for bringing people with you.

Timed void survival extraction. While I'm fine with the above suggestion (I host almost every void I play), it could be used nefariously. I can already see "hosting survival 20 min" while the host's intentions are to troll the other 3 players by staying for a hour and not letting them extract (it would be rare but it would happen). So as an alternative, when a player hosts a key they choose how long until extraction becomes available. Every player would have to accept before the mission starts. This would not only stop premature extractulation, but it would add a little tension knowing that you have to survive until X or you fail. This would be optionalA player could host a survival and ignore this system altogether.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517