Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Talos - Volt Alt Helm By Kieranmckay

Brainwright

Nice helmet, and fits the given name. Kudos for research! but I don't think it really fits volt.

Talos was, iirc, a giant made of bronze in Greek mythology. Alternately he could be a bronze bull in some stories. Nothing to suggest electrical activity.

Maybe for mesa? She has a "horned quadruped" thing going already.

I couldn't find the horns more fitting myself, all of the old world's gods of thunder had badass horns : Taranis, Wotan, Cernunnos...

I like how that contrasts with Volt's slim body, giving it character. With some electric arcs between the horns that'd look awesome ^^

I see a lot of people saying it wouldn't fit Volt, but I honestly feel the exact opposite. I can't see this working on any other frame. The eye-thing in the middle of his face and the pointy chin looks very Volt-like to me. The amazing tiefling horns are the added bonus. I also just really want this on my Volt to make him into a speed demon. His current helmets are all kind of unsatisfying to me.

Edited by Blaqsailens

I honestly don't find any consistent theme within Volt's current helms so anyone saying it doesn't fit Volt has a hefty share of my scorn.

Saying it should be on a different frame is equally open to my scorn, because we have this wonderful addition already made.

Anyone saying it's "too," whatever doesn't seem to get the point that the Workshop is supposed to bring new things into the game.  Everything's going to be, "too," something, and so you have my deepest scorn.

This is something beautiful.  It should be promoted.

It looks really inorganic, especially with the scratchy texture they chose for the roughness. Only 2 color schemes are shown, both of which are only a single color; completely green and completely red. They also could redistribute a ton of polygons to better flesh out certain details, considering the single glowing "eye" is a completely flat surface. There's also quite a bit of dissonance between volt's overall cleanliness and wholeness compared to the helmet's segmented bits and pieces. It would also be nice to have some renders from inside the tennogen tool. It also resembles the storm helmet very closely, replacing the ears with horns.

My only other issue with it is that the tint areas are per-segment rather than carefully painted on, giving it a more mech-ish feel rather than a biological suit feel.

People are really far too concerned with what seems like "volt". Volt is not a singular entity. Volt is a frame that is meant to be altered and modified according to the wearer's needs and desires. Not every volt wants to look like every other, and so you have wonderful designs to choose from. If you don't like it, fine, but don't attribute it to not being volt like when volt itself is not a personality, but an extension of the wearer. 

Would this helmet be open to further edits? I personally have never fully built or tried Volt, but this is a helm I'd definitely use - regardless of whether it is suited towards this frame. What if the horns facing backwards were reversed into a more demon style look, facing forward following the cheekbones?

• 2 weeks later...

What is the Volt "theme" anyways? All his current helmets have absolutely nothing in common (one's a giant eye and the other is a ram-thing?) Volt has hooves, and I think this helmet compliments that really well. It does look a bit demonic (not to mention demons/devil are often depicted with hooves) with the large horns but each helmet doesn't have to match everyone's tastes, that's why multiple alternate helms exist. Personally, I love this and I can't WAIT to buy it if DE accepts.