The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn's Spore Limit?

Skadedyr

Question

Being practically blinded by the many claims and disclaimers around Saryn's rework I decided to rebuild her myself with the idea of using massive spore infestations as her main ability. The idea was simple (and the wiki suggest it's possible); pop lots of spores and they will spread accumulating on surrounding enemies. Until I ran some simulated tests ...

Can anyone tell me if the max amount of Spores on an enemy is capped at three spores?? Because after timing deaths and looking at the pop ups, not matter what I tried, only three active spores were damaging the target.

Just curious if I missed something. ^^ 

16 answers to this question

The thing on new Saryn is to use elemental procs corrosivetoxin/viral on boosting dmg output on miasma.

This isn't an answer to my question (and yes I know). ^^

I'm just surprised that it's nowhere stated that there is a three spore limit on enemies (not even on the wiki). Why does it matter? Well, because a lot of people seem to assume in their reasoning (and math) that this limit isn't there. It makes a huge difference in spread math (and with that also in spreading procs math).

Edited by Skadedyr

Hm

that is an interesting question

I dont think its a limit of 3 spores because I have seen alot more than 3 spores on an enemy (like a good 5 if I am doing my job)

I also see this when I am using molt

as you can cast venom on it more than 3 times at the least

from what I can tell is that the initial cast yields 3 spores

but when they spread, they can attach to already infected enemies so you can see more than 3 on non casted enemies if others that are infected die around them

Edited by Anatolius

Enemies can be affected by 10 at max, 2 in each arm and leg, 1 in the head and 1 in the torso.

Every enemy can have up to 10, so even if you only use the skill once, if you pop one bubble from 5~ enemies they will all end with around 8 spores or more.

Tested with Molt.

Edited by GDSK-NXS

Hm

that is an interesting question

I dont think its a limit of 3 spores because I have seen alot more than 3 spores on an enemy (like a good 5 if I am doing my job)

I also see this when I am using molt

as you can cast venom on it more than 3 times at the least

from what I can tell is that the initial cast yields 3 spores

but when they spread, they can attach to already infected enemies so you can see more than 3 on non casted enemies if others that are infected die around them

Here's what I did;

- cast Molt.

- cast Spores (3 on Molt).

- pop all spores (3 on all enemies).

- repeated 10x.

In theory, as the wiki is written now, there could be as much as 30 spores on each enemy ... yet it kept ticking for just 3 spores (outruled numbers visually stacking by timing TTK).

Enemies can be affected by 10 at max, 2 in each arm and leg, 1 in the head and 1 in the torso.

Every enemy can have up to 10, so even if you only use the skill once, if you pop one bubble from 5~ enemies they will all end with around 8 spores or more.

Tested with Molt.

Aye, visually ... but no matter what I try it doesn't seem to do more than 3 spores worth of damage. 

Aye, visually ... but no matter what I try it doesn't seem to do more than 3 spores worth of damage. 

its a possibility that only 3 instances of damage show up and the others are allowed to those 3 instances

possibly to improve performance because old saryn pre venom nerf would constantly stack and drop performance because of the way it stacked

did you see any damage increases?

its a possibility that only 3 instances of damage show up and the others are allowed to those 3 instances

possibly to improve performance because old saryn pre venom nerf would constantly stack and drop performance because of the way it stacked

Going to test that now. ^^

No damage increases, just the damage of THREE spores ...  

It could be possible that only 3 spores worth of damage is dealt if you have 3 or more spores. The other spores would be there for you to pop for additional damage. Every time you pop a bubble, every enemy in range gets one tick worth of damage so popping lots of them with (let's say) Gorgon (because Soma is too much) then you would have a pretty decent damage spread... I guess...

It could be possible that only 3 spores worth of damage is dealt if you have 3 or more spores. The other spores would be there for you to pop for additional damage. Every time you pop a bubble, every enemy in range gets one tick worth of damage so popping lots of them with (let's say) Gorgon (because Soma is too much) then you would have a pretty decent damage spread... I guess...

As far as I can tell, no.

Checked it with a Synoid Simulor, 'cleaning up' an enemy gives only three pops.