Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unlimited Power?

Axeroix

So I was playing Volt with the Ignis yesterday after playing Excalibur and I realised Toggle-able ultimates are fun as hell and awesome, and the main problem volt has going into any non early game content is that his ultimate is only good for topping up his shields sooo why not make Volt the Emperor,

Overload Lightning - Volt Has Amprex's in both his hands which work similarly to an Amprex or Ignis with a Cone around him, he deals (Secondary Weapon Dmg)/2 per tick

he can move but is slower (Chroma) but if speed is active he is no longer slower

the Idea is this would fit Volts overall theme of close range hit and run mixed with defending, his new ult would still be great in defense missions and could maybe even have a special effect when it goes through Electric Shield

Volt is not an attack frame. He's a support frame.

I main Volt and I can tell you sir, Volt should be a balance between both. His ult should be offensive or an attack power since he already has 2 "support' abilities. He utilizes lighting , one of the far deadly elements, electricity can stop a heartbeat like.....that. His Ult should be Offensive.

I main Volt and I can tell you sir, Volt should be a balance between both. His ult should be offensive or an attack power since he already has 2 "support' abilities. He utilizes lighting , one of the far deadly elements, electricity can stop a heartbeat like.....that. His Ult should be Offensive.

this plus it would fit since all of the promotional material doesnt depict Volt using a weapon, rather hes using Lightning, having some sort of toggleable lightning Projection would be awesome

I chose Volt as my starter frame because his description stated something along the lines of "an alternative to gunplay style combat" and that sounded pretty cool to me.  I was quickly dissatisfied with his abilities to be honest and he was also the first frame I deleted to make room for a new frame before I had plat to purchase more slots. I have nearly every single frame available now minus 1 or 2 and volt is still not on my roster (partly because I haven't tried very hard to get his Prime), and considering I made banshee (also clantech), deleted her, and remade her as soon as I had the slot available, that should say something (at least about my mindset),  

His powers almost certainly are not "a good alternative to gunplay" in any way that I could fathom at the time, and based on how rarely I see volt used in missions (save for captures for his speed), I still don't see it.  

Hell, he is supposed to be useful as something other than a gunplay frame, and his most useful combat ability is designed specifically to interact with guns.  His speed is great for melee, but since melee isn't exactly a huge goto for anyone (and other frames do it better), beyond that, his abilities aren't that great.

My opinion, of course, as I said I gave him up early on and haven't played his since.

Yes when I think of lightning I dont think support. I think quick fast destruction. He isn't very destructive or damaging he needs a rework to make him an offensive caster. With maybe one ability revolved around defense

He's not an offensive caster though. He stun locks with minor damage and has a speed buff, and a shield. I think he's pretty great when I play with a team of people.

Yes when I think of lightning I dont think support. I think quick fast destruction. He isn't very destructive or damaging he needs a rework to make him an offensive caster. With maybe one ability revolved around defense

I'd be okay with this to an extent, on one condition.

Do. Not. Touch. His Electric Shield. Those things are god tiered.

Making Shock a proper damage ability and Overload some kind of strong offensive ability could be the best of both worlds. The truth is that Volt is already amazing as he is, and he really only needs a handful of tweaks to really be amazing. I personally think the best thing to do would be to change his description instead of his abilities, but I wouldn't say no to a high damage Shock.

He's not an offensive caster though. He stun locks with minor damage and has a speed buff, and a shield. I think he's pretty great when I play with a team of people.

From Volts Codex: Volt can create and harness electrical elements. This is a high-damage warframe perfect for players looking for a potent alternative to gunplay.

You are correct in that this is not an accurate representation of Volt in practice. This is the issue that some players have.

Hands start crackling with electricity, and he gains a new ultimate weapon that benefits from primary weapon mods and acts like a gun, except it shoots lightning from both of his hands. Thats actually awesome, synergises with his shields too in a non forced synergy way, oh my. 

Dont think he should have slowed movement or anything, would detract from his 2. Just make it act as a gun thats,... not really a gun sorta how Excal has a sword thats an energy wave shooting machine.

Volt is not an attack frame. He's a support frame.

Trinity is a support frame. So is oberon or frost. Volt is a good for nothing frame. He certainly offers support but the result is a SLIGHT damage buff IF you fire trough a tiny shield and a disturbung melee buff. Both with a frickin low duration. Not to mention the stock duration spam CC shock offers thats for some reason influenced by range but not by duration.

Beein a supporter is no excuse to be left with nothing. He needs more damage, more stat influence and more synergy to be somewhat usefull.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

He certainly offers support but the result is a SLIGHT damage buff IF you fire trough a tiny shield

Slight!? It adds another 50% of base damage as electric, and doubles your crit multiplier. Use any crit weapon and it's amazing. Slight damage buff indeed. That's not even mentioning the fact that it's invincible. Nor is it even remotely tiny.

Hands start crackling with electricity, and he gains a new ultimate weapon that benefits from primary weapon mods and acts like a gun, except it shoots lightning from both of his hands. Thats actually awesome, synergises with his shields too in a non forced synergy way, oh my. 

Dont think he should have slowed movement or anything, would detract from his 2. Just make it act as a gun thats,... not really a gun sorta how Excal has a sword thats an energy wave shooting machine.

this was exactly my idea, it gives a use for his Ultimate and fixes his major problem, also I think firing through the 3 should make it hitscan or Long Range basically go from Amprex to Synapse when firing through the shield, gives him even more variety

Slight!? It adds another 50% of base damage as electric, and doubles your crit multiplier. Use any crit weapon and it's amazing. Slight damage buff indeed. That's not even mentioning the fact that it's invincible. Nor is it even remotely tiny.

So does a halfranked mod while frames like rhino easily buff this value as generall damage, without the small window to fire trough or only benefiting specific setups (it also buffs your krit rating, what's useless without a krit build)

Invincible vs bullets. What about rockets that just punch trough and kill evryone who was forced to stand behind it? Enemys in melee range that walk trough like it never existed? What is it compared to a good frost globe? Compared to a immortal trin? Even compared to a frickin shadow army?!

You need specific weapons, with specific builds to even fully profit from the boni ES offers. Just to get anything while following a strict routine.

And where is the synergy between ES and speed? Any other ability?

His abilitys are goddamn expensive for what they do.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Ya know what would do him good? Duration influence on ALL of his stuns, shocking speed migrated into his shield, a mobile version of the shield that is dropped on refresh and also benefits melee and casting damage, while speed also benefits your reload, cast and weapon switch time. And a new ultimate. (What OP mentioned, thunderfield or a channeled lightning form are the best i've read so far)

Fact is: he is neather a usefull damage frame, nor a good supporter. Gosh, not even a usefull jack of all trades type of frame. He is a frickin mess. A big dog with a lotta potential on a very short chain.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Similar to Saryn's passive, I would enjoy this a lot. +25% duration to all electric procs!

Nah man, similar to lokis ID. I mean it IS influenced by range allready. Building for negative range even influences the proccs! It's therefore affected by range, strength and efficiency...was there any reason for DE to exclude duration?!

A generall passive stun buff definitly wouldn't hurt eather.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108