The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Reworks] Fixes Through Tweaks

Morec0

With a recent Volt update idea in mind, I have decided to go through and make a few tweaks to the obvious Warfames that need them – the ones that everyone thinks need a hand.  There are others than this I think need reworks, but they're a little too controversial to tackle (*cough*Trinity*unconvincingcough*).

Keep in mind that these are NOT meant to be TOTAL reimagining’s of the ability sets, like you had with Excalibur’s Exalted Blade, but rather simple updates to how certain abilities interact and work – like Saryn.  Little effect tweaks to how abilities interact that are meant to make the Warframe more engaging or overall more fun.

AshBladestorm can now activate only when targets have been marked by Ash’s other abilities.

Hitting enemies with Ash’s Bladestorm will no longer be a one-shot-drop-kill deal, rather players using Ash will have to use Shuriken, Smoke Screen, and Teleport to mark enemy targets.  Once marked activating Bladestorm will cause Ash to generate a shadowy clone of himself that will attack all enemies in an AoE around the marked targeted (increased by Power Range) EVEN IF that target is already hit by another Bladestorm attack or is marked by another ability.

Similar to the Saryn rework, the idea is to make Ash use his other powers more often to get large damage bursts with Bladestorm in large areas.

---

Ember – En fuego, baby; abilities now really DO set the World on Fire.

All of Ember’s abilities now create AoE areas of fire damage wherever they hit – be it underneath a target enemy or on the terrain (range increased by Power Range and ability creating it).  These fire areas will be tied to Ember’s Power Duration and Strength and will have a high chance to inflict the Fire Status Effect enemies that walk over them.

Ring of Fire will cause the entire area inside of it to become ignited for its duration and the ring itself will leave behind the AoE even after the main effect dissipates.

---

Limbo – Overhaul to the Rift and how it interacts with abilities and abilities interact with it.

Banish now can be held down for a second to cause Limbo to go into the Rift himself; pressing it normally will cause Limbo to use Banish on targeted enemy.

Rift Walk, as it is no longer needed, will be replaced with Rift Surge and a new three will be added: Rift Walk… Heh, yeah, but this NEW Rift Walk creates a portal trap on the ground underneath Limbo, and after a second one is created, enemies or allies that walk over one will be teleported to the other – with enemies taking a bit of damage.

Rift Surge now provides a team-wide buff that allows players to damage enemies inside the Rift (even if they’re outside) and grants them higher damage if they too are inside it.

Cataclysm now interacts with Banish, and Limbo using his first ability on himself or a target while inside the Rift will put them back in normal space, allowing them to shoot out of it.

---

Mag – Mag’s abilities now cause enemies to gravitate towards each other while affected, forming large clumps.

The idea here is that Mag will become responsible for clumping enemies together to allow to HUGE AoE damage bursts to clear them out all at once.  All of her abilities – lethal or not – will cause of this effect to take place.

---

Nekros – Abilities given greater support effect.

Soul Punch gets a buff to its knockdown.

Terrify now just causes enemies to cower in place.

Desecrate is left alone.

Shadows of the Dead now grants the Shield of Shadows buff to the closest allied player – the current Shield of Shadows Augment can be replaced with something that actually makes the ability different and doesn't just increase innate power of the ability.

---

Oberon – Consecrate the unhallowed ground for bonus damage.

Hallowed Ground will now cause enemies standing on it to take double damage from Oberon's abilities and allies standing on it will receive twice as much healing over the duration of Renewal.

---

Volt – Casting abilities now charge up others for increased Power Strength.

All abilities now “charge up” when other abilities are use, increase their Range, Damage, and Duration (as applicable) on a percentage increase – damage dealt through Electric Shield will contribute to all other ability charges.  After using an ability, though, its counter will be reset to zero.

---

Zephyr – Zephyr will now truly fly.

Tailwind will now work like Wukong's upcoming Cloudwalk ability, except Zephyr will be visible, move a bit faster, and be able to use her weapons and abilities.  Reactivating the ability will cause her to dive towards the grounds like Divebomb.

Divebomb itself will be replaced with Wind Swept, which creates an AoE area below Zephyr as she travels (on air or foot doesn't matter) that will knock down enemies that try to pass through it.

Edited by Morec0

AshBladestorm can now activate only when targets have been marked by Ash’s other abilities.

Hitting enemies with Ash’s Bladestorm will no longer be a one-shot-drop-kill deal, rather players using Ash will have to use Shuriken, Smoke Screen, and Teleport to mark enemy targets.  Once marked activating Bladestorm will cause Ash to generate a shadowy clone of himself that will attack all enemies in an AoE around the marked targeted (increased by Power Range) EVEN IF that target is already hit by another Bladestorm attack or is marked by another ability.

Similar to the Saryn rework, the idea is to make Ash use his other powers more often to get large damage bursts with Bladestorm in large areas.

Sorry but no, as once a guy said Good synergie is making abilities stronger if you use them together, bad synergie is when you Require one abillitie to use the other

Other then this i'm ok with it

Edited by Dwolfknight

Sorry but no, as once a guy said Good synergie is making abilities stronger if you use them together, bad synergie is when you Require one abillitie to use the other

To me the fact that the ability has an AoE range over it and can be layered constantly over itself if you have your enemies in a group together with a lot of marks over them makes up for that. It becomes FAR more damaging than a "stab everyone once" power, and with Ash no longer teleporting himself he remains free to open fire on the weakened/survivors in the group.

Miasma affects the marked individuals once.  Bladestorm as I've described it affects EVERYONE around the marked target based on how many targets in the range you have marked.

Edited by Morec0

If rift walk and banish were fused, I think it'd have to work a bit different than what you've described. I don't play warframe on console, but from what I've read, ps4 players use abililities by swiping the touchpad, which doesn't lend itself well to a button hold mechanic.

If rift walk and banish were fused, I think it'd have to work a bit different than what you've described. I don't play warframe on console, but from what I've read, ps4 players use abililities by swiping the touchpad, which doesn't lend itself well to a button hold mechanic.

Well then it's gonna be rather weird to see how the Archerframe's 1 will work because how DE's described it to the Council that's what it'l be doing.

That said, the alternative I can think of is when targeting an enemy it does Banish when not targeting an enemy it Banishes you..

Oberon – Consecrate the unhallowed ground for bonus damage.

Hallowed Ground will now cause enemies standing on it to take double damage from Oberon's abilities and allies standing on it will receive twice as much healing over the duration of Renewal.

I have a different idea for Oberon. I'll just paste what I had said earlier in another thread

I would change some aspects of Hallowed Ground and Renewal.

Hallowed Ground: turning it into the shape of a circle that follows Oberon that is also a toggle ability. Make it give a base 150 armor boost that can be increased via power strength.

Renewal: affect squadmates instantaneously while giving proc immunity and a 50% armor boost while active.