The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ehem Lol Vulkar ? Is It Gonna Get Fixed Or Is It Intended To Be The Worst Weapon In The Game ? :o

SYL3NZR

Have any of you tried a Vulkar on high level Grineer?

Snipetron wins: Grineer - Medium Armor, Grineer - Heavy Armor, Corpus - Crewman, Infested - Ancient

Vulkar Wins: Corpus - MOA, Corpus - Osprey,Infested - Walker, Grineer-Light

All the thing I want to snipe the Vulkar fails at because all get more armor per level up on their head(except crewman).

Edited by LazyKnight

Anyone notice that headshots with the Vulkar don't register correctly in your after-mission stats? I've had a couple of missions now that I was pretty sure I was headshot-killing 80-90% Grineer on the level (seeing huge 400-1200 numbers), but the stats show I only had 2-5 headshots the entire level.

Anyone notice that headshots with the Vulkar don't register correctly in your after-mission stats? I've had a couple of missions now that I was pretty sure I was headshot-killing 80-90% Grineer on the level (seeing huge 400-1200 numbers), but the stats show I only had 2-5 headshots the entire level.

This is because the headshots count doesn't include any elemental damage. Meaning if the kill was made by elemental damage, it does not count toward the headshots. This can be confirmed by removing all elemental damage and make headshots, it will all be counted at the end.

Not going to lie.. when ever I see someone in game using a Vulkar, I tell them "don't waste a catalyst on it.. wait for Snipetron to come back out for a while and buy that and use your catalyst on that. You get FAR more damage output. You can pull 9k damage a shot with a maxed out Snipetron...-snip-

What mod setup gives 9k damage? maxed serration, split chamber, headshot, max damage?

What mod setup gives 9k damage? maxed serration, split chamber, headshot, max damage?

and critical damage.

anyway the snipetron is pointless since the paris got buffed (same damage, same crtical chance without the anoying 5 sec of reload)

Edited by Dasmir

The Vulkar is far worse against armored targets than the Paris or Snipetron. It has worse DPS against almost any enemy than the Paris, and worse DPS on any armored enemy than the Snipetron.

It is only effective against enemies with little to no armor comparatively, and you need to headshot. This is the ONLY time that it can compete with the Snipetron. Even if you get armor piercing element on your Vulkar, you'll still do less damage than a stock Snipetron.

In any case except for the Vulkar shooting enemies with no armor, the Paris will have higher DPS due to it not needing to reload a clip, while the Vulkar has a 4s reload.

Literally, half the time you're reloading the Vulkar, and even when you ARE firing, you'll barely scratch most enemies.

TL;DR get a Paris or Latron.

Edited by Alarox

and critical damage.

anyway the snipetron is pointless since the paris got buffed (same damage, same crtical chance without the anoying 5 sec of reload)

It's not the same. Base damage of Snipetron is AP. Base damage of Paris is normal damage that ignores normal damage resistances and reductions. You will get completely different values of damage depending on target and enemy.

AP != Armor Ignore

Also

*Magazine not clip for any mention of such.

Edited by mmSNAKE

Well, when I started playing around with the Vulkar I noticed something about headshot damage.  It doesn't happen to the Corpus grunts.  At all.  I understand they are using a full, wrap-around metal box to protect their loverly features from radical shotgun rhinoplasty, but COME ON!  Wouldn't be as crippling, but for these Tech a5$h073s they have running around, spamming Ospreys like it's going outta style!

Yes, I'm aware that there's a mod for rifle puncture.  No, I don't believe that a weapon like this MUST rely on such a mod for effect.

The point to a sniper rifle is to do maximum damage to the target, in turn causing the most disruption of enemy strategy possible through the elimination of said target and psychological impact on the grunts running around.  The idea is to make them think "that could be me next, better keep under cover", as much as it is to destroy whatever you aimed at.

Also, I'm a crappy shot.  I know this, because getting headshots ve Infested simply isn't feasable for me most of the time.  By my count, that makes this gun fully useful only against the faction who employ it.  I don't expect a gun to cope with my lack of skill (unless its a shotgun), but this is a bit wonkey even by fairly lax standards.

Uhh, the headshot damage has nothing to do with puncture. Corpus grunts only take headshot damage from ARMOR PIERCE bud. If you had the snipetron, which has armor pierce, then you could headshot them. However, the Vulkar doesn't have this : (