Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Primal Fury Is Broken. Power Range Not Working

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

If you haven't seen the gifs of China warframes Wukong then you probably don't know that primal fury is broken . Here are the gifs.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/9/96/%E6%82%9F%E7%A9%BA1.gif/revision/latest/scale-to-width/480?cb=20151120171558

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/4/4d/Wukong.gif/revision/latest/scale-to-width/480?cb=20151120171505

Now the range we have on our wukongs primal fury can not get that high . So as he is now , he's very underwhelming , well at least his 4.

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

If you haven't seen the gifs of China warframe said Wukong then you probably don't know that primal fury is broken . Here are the gifs.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/9/96/%E6%82%9F%E7%A9%BA1.gif/revision/latest/scale-to-width/480?cb=20151120171558

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/4/4d/Wukong.gif/revision/latest/scale-to-width/480?cb=20151120171505

Now the range we have on our wukongs primal fury can not get that high . So as he is now , he's very underwhelming , well at least his 4.

my point exactly :)

Anyone slapped a maxed Primed Reach on their weapon for it?

Yes, and stretch on frame. Well its gets long I gotta admit , but not as long as the video OP has shown us, even with the combo counter. Well that maybe due to the fact that it sometimes doesn't actually hit the enemy at all, hit boxes are kinda....yeah. not good.

Anyone slapped a maxed Primed Reach on their weapon for it?

I have a 9/10 on it, it's bigger by default, but nothing like that.

I just took it to Draco (Don't hate me, there's lots of enemies there to build up the range quickly) with Overextended and Stretch on. Saw nothing even remotely similar to those gifs.

i dont think its something to be fixed though, cause let's admit, that looks ridiculous, and not in a good way at that, also before when you build up your melee counter, not only does it get longer, it also gets thicker, so maybe it was intentionally changed to not do those things anymore

i dont think its something to be fixed though, cause let's admit, that looks ridiculous, and not in a good way at that, also before when you build up your melee counter, not only does it get longer, it also gets thicker, so maybe it was intentionally changed to not do those things anymore

I mean Exalted Blade can do the exact same thing in a straight line , a lot faster then Wukong can . So I do want it fixed >.>

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

After putting 5 Forma (on 6th at the moment)

I am hoping his Range is not as ludicrous as those China-clips.

That seems grossly overpowerd.

I could understand combo multiplier allowing Iron Jab to get stronger and deal more Damage acting as a sort-of Charge Attack.

But a 50m room wipe seems grossly unbalanced.

(20m with Max Range.....ugh maybe)

-My opinion

I could understand combo multiplier allowing Iron Jab to get stronger and deal more Damage acting as a sort-of Charge Attack.

-My opinion

Not over powered at all. Especially considering all other melee frames out damage him. His cc is borderline garbage. 

It needs the range to remain interesting.

-My opinion

Even with range in the video, Volt's, and even Excal's 3rd ability still beats him to the punch in range and power.

Fair comparison is to compare his to another frame's in general, instead of singling personal opinion or agenda.

Even with range in the video, Volt's, and even Excal's 3rd ability still beats him to the punch in range and power.

Fair comparison is to compare his to another frame's in general, instead of singling personal opinion or agenda.

Fair enough,

Comparing All his ability ranges as they are currently on PS4

Valkyr to Wukong

Ripline base 75m Single Target, Iron Jab 10m

Defy-no Range limit, WarCry-25m base Range

Paralysis 10m AoE Finisher stun setup, CloudWalker 8m AoE Finisher stun setup

Hysteria 5m Cleave Range

Primal Fury on (PS4) appears to be about 7m-10m (Around Serro Range) (Although has trouble hitting high Corpus cameras that even the Sheev can hit(Homing Fang Uppercut on high cameras like Spy Vault)

So Accordingly Valkyr beats Wukong 'to the punch' on everything except Melee attacks on Ultimate ability.

So yeah Volt, Excalibur would still beat both Valkyr and Wukong.(Current PS4 release build)*

If DE left it as-is, Primal Fury has much closer Range to Hysteria melee attacks than compared to Volt's Overload or Excalibur's Radial Javelin.

Fair enough,

Comparing All his ability ranges as they are currently on PS4

Valkyr to Wukong

Ripline base 75m Single Target, Iron Jab 10m

Defy-no Range limit, WarCry-25m base Range

Paralysis 10m AoE Finisher stun setup, CloudWalker 8m AoE Finisher stun setup

Hysteria 5m Cleave Range

Primal Fury on (PS4) appears to be about 7m-10m (Around Serro Range) (Although has trouble hitting high Corpus cameras that even the Sheev can hit(Homing Fang Uppercut on high cameras like Spy Vault)

So Accordingly Valkyr beats Wukong 'to the punch' on everything except Melee attacks on Ultimate ability.

So yeah Volt, Excalibur would still beat both Valkyr and Wukong.(Current PS4 release build)*

If DE left it as-is, Primal Fury has much closer Range to Hysteria melee attacks than compared to Volt's Overload or Excalibur's Radial Javelin.

Wrong. Your whole point falls apart just that... You have "ignored" Valkyr's close range compensated by her invincibility and even immune to knock-down.

And defy to warcry?? Lmao. Not one of your comparison is "apple to apple," from ignoring one thing to overgloss the other. 

Also, did you actually play Valkyr?  

Edited by ndantony

Wrong. Your whole point falls apart just that... You have "ignored" Valkyr's close range compensated by her invincibility and even immune to knock-down.

And defy to warcry?? Lmao. Not one of your comparison is "apple to apple," from ignoring one thing to overgloss the other. 

Also, did you actually play Valkyr?

Did I play Valkyr?

Pics:

My 2 Valkyr's

12240403_10205780713217063_7798457226947

My Valkyr usage12291039_10205780695776627_797234064072312244482_10205780699976732_3040395801931

My 3-Forma Valkyr11223924_10205780718657199_5998762417041

My Run'n'gun Kara Valkyr builds:Normal Guns12244656_10205780709496970_4461662598633

Launchers12238171_10205780711937031_3990653683700

Life-Strike Melee Kara12240843_10205780710737001_7088156123946

snip

I used Valkyr comparison as a Melee only Comparison

Defy and WarCry, both being 2nd abilities on Melee frames and abilities that promote Melee Survivability outside of God-Mode

If a Player is meleeing without Hysteria - it used to be common practice to use WarCry.(Back when Hysteria damage was worse than modded melee and before Valkyr had Passives)

Defy is similar in that it is like a modified Quick-thinking but without the associated 'Quick Thinking Stagger' and includes an Auto-heal plus small Invincibility window.

It is my bad for thinking Valkyr's kit and Wukong's kit were near closer to being comparable than Volt.

I thought the similarities were there:

Ripline/Iron Jab single Target damage with mobility/Short-range Rag-doll - I must be grabbing at straws.

Defy and WarCry - well nothing in comparison

Cloud Walker and Paralysis - AoE melee Finisher setup must just be a coincidence.

Hysteria/Primal Jab - well on PS4 they seem to have similar attack ranges, but that Primal Jab is broken so I compared bugged melee Range.

I was wrong.

And even if it is overpowering, you gotta work to build it up as well, not like exalted blade which can kill huge swathes of enemies on parts of the map no one has even nearly approached yet. Is it ridiculous? Of course, but it IS wukong, known in legend for being a bit ridiculous. And you can't deny that power like that wouldn't feel fun, especially knowing you earned massive range, it's not just given to you immediately upon activating the ability.