The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Primal Fury Is Broken. Power Range Not Working

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

3 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Activating it should at all times be STRICTLY superior to using your melee.

I disagree. If stance ults are just better than melee weapons, then we get the return of the Excalibur/Valkyr/Wukong or GTFO meta for melee combat. Because right now, there are far more choices for good melee frames than just those three: Inaros, Chroma, Saryn, Banshee, and so on. Making stance ults strictly superior to melee weapons would make those options far less desirable. 

Plus it makes playing those Warframes themselves rather bland, because then they have just one best option for every situation, and that is use their stance ult.

I think that stance ults should have comparable power to melee weapons, and additionally do something extra that melee weapons can't do, so that not only is there a meaningful choice to make when playing those frames, but then those abilities themselves would be more interesting as well. 

Edited by Gurpgork

if anything they should rework the animation.....

it is so bad really...

at least change the regular combo

-----------------------------------

I end up never using Wu kong ulti

---

aside... why ulti stances dont have charges atck?

Edited by Tsoe

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, in the light of the recent update, I'm gonna try to put this back on its tracks.

From the build notes for Update 18.12:

•    Fixed being able to walk through objects while in Wukong’s Cloud Walker ability.

Seriously... what? I mean, this is not meaning to disvalorize the efforts at clearing away the bugs from the game, which are certainly apreciated, but did anyone else actually realize this was there in the first place? Was it actually being influential in the overall usage of that ability and of Wukong altogether? I play him all the time, and it never really caught my attention.

What about Primal Fury? The one that actually heavily influences the general state of Wukong in the game?  Any updates at all? I realize what was in those .gifs is not intentional, but what about simply making it become affected by range? What about the idea of increasing the max boost for the staff's range? What about deciding on wether or not an enourmous range in a staff based on a weapon that extends forever in a game where Hysteria and Exalted Blade exist would be really that unbalanced.

C'mon DE! Let's put a little more thought into how to put Wukong into the playerbase's care because no one in the forums will even mention him. Even Limbo is in a better position right now for the simple fact that people are talking about him, be it positively or negatively.

Edited by p_ar7hur
A little bit of mindless rant needed to be restrained.

When I started warframe about 2 months ago, I immediately bought Wukong. I love the aesthetic of his design and the lore his is based on. However as I start to acquire more frames I found myself never using Wukong again. As much as I like how he looks, his skills are just so... boring.. and he runs super slow. I think in all the times I played him I never had any reason to use cloud walker.

Hope DE would seriously revisit him so he is actually worthy of the name Wukong. (Also, personally I thought the Dasheng helmet is hideous, looks like a giant fly head.. or maybe that was what they were going for)