The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Primal Fury Is Broken. Power Range Not Working

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

Came to see if this was a topic. Using prime reach on Orthos prime. When I activate primal fury it is very noticeable how my range is lowered and i was expecting a 20% increase. seems like a 50% decrease! would love this to be address. if its not broken but an overlooked feature to not incorporate reach mods from melees for wu, I will be very disappointed ; /

Edit: PS. i use stretch on wu and his jab is still way too short. no way i am putting overextended to make it functional. please increase his jab range. thank you. 

Edited by ApplySci

Yea I just got done in simulacrum and the range is definitely there just it isnt like in the gifs. So I was kinda hoping it'd be his 1 CC ability but  I guess it won't be(Yet? :D) I mean the cloud walker stuns ok but it isnt that long and you gotta get some good range for it to be viable. But man PF really can wreck enemies... I was testing it against 20 lv 80 sentients and I killed all but 4 because I fell off the map and defy reset in the middle of the enemies lol. I mean people say Valkyr outdoes him but up against those sentients you're gonna run out of energy before Wukong does.

Came to see if this was a topic. Using prime reach on Orthos prime. When I activate primal fury it is very noticeable how my range is lowered and i was expecting a 20% increase. seems like a 50% decrease! would love this to be address. if its not broken but an overlooked feature to not incorporate reach mods from melees for wu, I will be very disappointed ; /

Edit: PS. i use stretch on wu and his jab is still way too short. no way i am putting overextended to make it functional. please increase his jab range. thank you.

I think you are misinformed on how melee mods affect the Ultimate.

Primed Reach does work on Primal Fury : Very easy to test with Primal Fury (No melee Weapon equipped vs Melee w/Primed Reach equipped)

Also, the previous page has a few posts of demonstrations showing Reach/Primed Reach working with Primal Fury

Currently, Power Range only affects the amount of range increase you get on the staff per melee combo counter. This is currently capped at 200% and I'm unsure if the cap will be changed later on.

As for Iron Jab, Power Range only affects the impact radius, which is the small AoE that occurs around the target you stab with your pole.

The growth per combo is extremely lackluster it seems.

It's pretty good in my opinion, especially if you build for Power Range. The lackluster portion for me is the whole... hard-capping at 200% growth. 160% Power Range (Stretch + Cunning Drift) lets the staff grow at 32% per melee hit, which I'm very okay with. Problem is, after 7 hits, the staff doesn't grow anymore.

I really don't know if it's asking too much for a bigger staff. Personally, I'd much prefer more range on his ultimate than damage. I feel that the long staff (seriously, no pun intended) is what makes Wukong Wukong.

Did Anyone help DERebecca do testing yet?

Yes. In an earlier post, it seems RawGritz (sorry if I misspelled that) helped Rebecca test. They both found that something is indeed wrong, so they (DE) will look more into it. I think it has something to do with Power Range affecting the initial length of the staff.

Wukong is broken on global build & still no fix ? China is doing good work i see. Efficient as always.

Just be patient - I'm sure that they'll work something out eventually. In the mean time, the ~6m staff is still something you can have fun with.

Yes. In an earlier post, it seems RawGritz (sorry if I misspelled that) helped Rebecca test. They both found that something is indeed wrong, so they (DE) will look more into it. I think it has something to do with Power Range affecting the initial length of the staff.

Hey guys. The All-Mother and I did do some testing, first with her as Ivara putting mobs to sleep and then observing (from a side profile) the effects of my Primal Fury. Then we both tested using Wukong and the exact same mod builds on Wukong and our melee.

Power range does not affect the base range. Others in the community have observed that Power range mods affect the length the staff gains per hit as you build up the combo meter. I definitely did not notice this and DERebecca didn't mention it. Still could be the case--I just didn't notice. Regardless, if so....just needs to be transparent in the ability descriptions.

These were a couple of my suggestions:

1. Max range on Primal Fury should extend further than it does currently, especially since it can be outdistanced by Orthos Prime with max Prime Reach. Maybe WF range mods should be adopted. Still should not reach China-build length...!

2. I think it would be cool if blocking efficiency increased as staff length increased, creating a wall of defense due to the added diameter and subsequent circumference when blocking. This could create a lot of added utility in solo or co-op.

Edited by RawGritz

Uh, ok.

I am dead serious there...it doesn't matter if she has hysteria active or a basestat build running....you're basicly invincible both ways.

All hysteria does is frickin up her power management... could be a decent ability that buffs her playstyle instead of...straight overriding her. No idea where the praise comes from. It is useless as it is now.

Nothing but a melee limitation that doesn't benefit her that much.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Hey guys. The All-Mother and I did do some testing, first with her as Ivara putting mobs to sleep and then observing (from a side profile) the effects of my Primal Fury. Then we both tested using Wukong and the exact same mod builds on Wukong and our melee.

Power range does not affect the base range. Others in the community have observed that Power range mods affect the length the staff gains per hit as you build up the combo meter. I definitely did not notice this and DERebecca didn't mention it. Still could be the case--I just didn't notice. Regardless, if so....just needs to be transparent in the ability descriptions.

These were a couple of my suggestions:

1. Max range on Primal Fury should extend further than it does currently, especially since it can be outdistanced by Orthos Prime with max Prime Reach. Maybe WF range mods should be adopted. Still should not reach China-build length...!

2. I think it would be cool if blocking efficiency increased as staff length increased, creating a wall of defense due to the added diameter and subsequent circumference when blocking. This could create a lot of added utility in solo or co-op.

I think a lot of us are looking forward to more range, but it's all up to DE in the end. Also, can someone fill me in on the Orthos Prime thing... I saw a GIF that someone made in this thread and they were hitting something that was 10m+ away... Just looked so weird.

Blocking capabilities sound interesting. Never actually thought about that, but it would make sense that you block more shots with a longer staff.

Edited by Mozileon

I am dead serious there...it doesn't matter if she has hysteria active or a basestat build running....you're basicly invincible both ways.

All hysteria does is frickin up her power management... could be a decent ability that buffs her playstyle instead of...straight overriding her. No idea where the praise comes from. It is useless as it is now.

Nothing but a melee limitation that doesn't benefit her that much.

I disagree on the invincibility, here armor does start to falloff without both rage and Life Strike to keep you sustained.  

Valkyr has some cat themes to her anyways so why not make her get more Feral when raging.  Valkyr could have her powers act differently when in Hysteria, Ripline turning into a Pounce, Warcry buffing attack speed and movement speed when in Hysteria, while being attack speed and armor outside Hysteria when it matters, Paralysis releasing part of the damage you've taken in Hysteria instead of shields when in Hysteria while still the same outside hysteria.  Making Hysteria about managing the "pain" you would take if enemies nearby are alive at the end and using that "pain" to make enemies lives full of suffering and dismemberment.

The best part of Hysteria currently is the slide attack, which does great dmg and multihits.

Also, can someone fill me in on the Orthos Prime thing... I saw a GIF that someone made in this thread and they were hitting something that was 10m+ away... Just looked so weird.

Orthos Prime's default hitbox is significantly longer than that of Primal Fury. Orthos Prime with Primed Reach is able to hit enemies farther than Primal Fury with Primed Reach and the maximum melee range bonus. The gif looks odd because melee range mods aren't affecting the dimensions of Orthos Prime's physical model but are affecting the dimensions of the invisible hitbox.

bump.

Orthos Prime's default hitbox is significantly longer than that of Primal Fury. Orthos Prime with Primed Reach is able to hit enemies farther than Primal Fury with Primed Reach and the maximum melee range bonus. The gif looks odd because melee range mods aren't affecting the dimensions of Orthos Prime's physical model but are affecting the dimensions of the invisible hitbox.

Orthos prime hitbox is 27.5 feet, yet they can't properly give range to galatine model >.> very dissapoint/sad. URGH

Edited by Edgarhighman

bump.

Orthos prime hitbox is 27.5 feet, yet they can't properly give range to galatine model >.> very dissapoint/sad. URGH

... 27.5... feet. 

The game uses meters, so I hope you meant 9 meters... (Approximately 3 feet to 1 meter). If you meant 27.5 meters...

*Table flip*

Edited by Mozileon

1. Sounds perfect would love for it to finally outdo Orthos.

2. Sounds good but I mean you'd have like 5 seconds before your staff reverts to its original length making the block buff never really happen. I mean how much can you block in 5 seconds...

I disagree on the invincibility, here armor does start to falloff without both rage and Life Strike to keep you sustained.

Valkyr has some cat themes to her anyways so why not make her get more Feral when raging. Valkyr could have her powers act differently when in Hysteria, Ripline turning into a Pounce, Warcry buffing attack speed and movement speed when in Hysteria, while being attack speed and armor outside Hysteria when it matters, Paralysis releasing part of the damage you've taken in Hysteria instead of shields when in Hysteria while still the same outside hysteria. Making Hysteria about managing the "pain" you would take if enemies nearby are alive at the end and using that "pain" to make enemies lives full of suffering and dismemberment.

The best part of Hysteria currently is the slide attack, which does great dmg and multihits.

Starting to fall off? At what level are we talking about exactly? Considering the fact that steel fiber is actually worth it on her, that warcry buffs her armor even further and quick thinking DOUBLES this reduction on your energy bar... i've been DEEP into endless missions and NEVER noticed falloff.

How is a floaty slide attack better then good, speed buffed melee wepons? What are her claws against a scindo p w tempo royal that offers utility to an extend that it's Close to large scaled CC, next to a 700% damage boni on stealth finishers?... against the broken dps of a broken war? Against the luxury of full channeling as energy is able to replentish on higher lvls?

The invincibility is comfortable but that's about it.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

1. Sounds perfect would love for it to finally outdo Orthos.

2. Sounds good but I mean you'd have like 5 seconds before your staff reverts to its original length making the block buff never really happen. I mean how much can you block in 5 seconds...

If you can die in less than 5 seconds than that added blocking for the same time would help plenty.

If you can die in less than 5 seconds than that added blocking for the same time would help plenty.

Well comparing it to Saryns block part of her Toxic Lash skill which pretty much no one uses, I think the only way that it would be worth having implemented into his skill is if as you blocked it'd keep the melee multiplier timer at 5 seconds as a means to keep up the attack. I mean I rarely find myself blocking and if I did it'd be kinda upsetting if I needed to idk block a Bombard rocket and when I did the timer reset.

Well comparing it to Saryns block part of her Toxic Lash skill which pretty much no one uses, I think the only way that it would be worth having implemented into his skill is if as you blocked it'd keep the melee multiplier timer at 5 seconds as a means to keep up the attack. I mean I rarely find myself blocking and if I did it'd be kinda upsetting if I needed to idk block a Bombard rocket and when I did the timer reset.

I'll take that mechanic--that blocking pauses/keeps the timer at 5 sec.