Physx And Runtime Tessellation Greyed Out, Windows 10 And Gtx 770

Aumaan

Question

This is something that's come to my attention recently. I'm not sure the exact time this happened but I can no longer activate these settings. First noticed it when I decided to mess around with my Volt Prime and I noticed his idle didn't create a massive shower of particles like it used to. I'm running an Nvidia GTX 770 graphics card on WIndows 10 with 16GB of RAM.  I do have SweetFX in Warframe but I've been using that longer than I've been using Windows 10 and I distinctly remember Physx still working even after installing the SweetFX.

The most likely culprit I can think of is the Windows 10 thing since I know this was working back when I had windows 7 in July or so.

I found another topic by searching and tried some of the things there but nothing has fixed this. My windows 10 is the 64 bit version, I've set Physx to use the 770 in my Nvidia control panel and Warframe is running in 64 bit mode. I tried altering the settings in the EE.cfg for warframe but they aren't even an option there. I've tried using the Geforce Experience to optimize the game since it has Phsyx set to on as the optimal setting but that didn't fix it either. According to GeForce Experience I've got the most up to date game ready drivers, 359.0.

eecfg file

MzZUGAE.png

I know it isn't the biggest issue, especially if it's been like this for a while and I just noticed but I spent quite a bit on building this computer and I want to get everything out of it that I can.

Basically, anyone else with Windows 10 having/not having this problem? Any other possible solutions if the cause isn't just Windows 10?

Am I just completely oblivious and one of the updates between then and now greyed out those options?

EDIT: decided to experiment a bit and switch off 64 bit mode, runtime tessellation works but Physx still greyed out.  Part of me thinks that has something to do with the SweetFX I have installed messing with the runtime tessellation for 64 bit but I had that installed before I had windows 10 so that shouldn't be messing with the Phsyx.

EDIT2: I did more experimentation, checked on my Physx Driver, that is the most recent as well.

Edited by Aumaan

5 answers to this question

Hmm, I'll have to take a look at my options as I upgrade to 10 some time ago but it's gonna be around 16-20 hours from now before I get into warframe again.

In the meantime update your drivers. Like all of them. The easiest way would be using something like Driver Booster 3 as it does all the job for you. Windows 10 is compatible with Windows 7&8.1 drivers afaik but it might have some impact and I'm really not sure if Windows 10 gets all the new drivers on instalation.

Even if it won't work than oh well, at least you've got up to date drivers now.

This is something that's come to my attention recently. I'm not sure the exact time this happened but I can no longer activate these settings.  First noticed it when I decided to mess around with my Volt Prime and I noticed his idle didn't create a massive shower of particles like it used to.  I'm running an Nvidia GTX 770 graphics card on WIndows 10.

The most likely culprit I can think of is the Windows 10 thing since I know this was working back when I had windows 7 in July or so. 

I found another topic by searching and tried some of the things there but nothing has fixed this.  My windows 10 is the 64 bit version, I've set Physx to use the 770 in my Nvidia control panel and Warframe is running in 64 bit mode. I tried altering the settings in the EE.cfg for warframe but they aren't even an option there. I've tried using the Geforce Experience to optimize the game since it has Phsyx set to on as the optimal setting but that didn't fix it either.  According to GeForce Experience I've got the most up to date game ready drivers, 359.0. 

eecfg file

MzZUGAE.png

I know it isn't the biggest issue, especially if it's been like this for a while and I just noticed but I spent quite a bit on building this computer and I want to get everything out of it that I can.

Basically, anyone else with Windows 10 having/not having this problem? Any other possible solutions if the cause isn't just Windows 10?

Am I just completely oblivious and one of the updates between then and now greyed out those options?

With select graphic options being grayed out, your problem might rely on your RAM. What's its size? My current RAM is 2.00 GB, which allows my cpu to barely run the highest graphics settings with a GTX 660. If a program suddenly starts in my cpu background, warframe will crash.

I'm hoping to upgrade to at least 4.00 GB by Christmas. I would suggest the same, if not higher, such as two RAM 4.00GB sticks for a total of 8.00 GB for your 770. 

On a side note, around update 15 64bit just "stopped" working. Try unchecking "64bit" in the launchers options (tiny gear in the top right corner) and see if that helps.

Edited by Agent_Pookie

Hmm, I'll have to take a look at my options as I upgrade to 10 some time ago but it's gonna be around 16-20 hours from now before I get into warframe again.

In the meantime update your drivers. Like all of them. The easiest way would be using something like Driver Booster 3 as it does all the job for you. Windows 10 is compatible with Windows 7&8.1 drivers afaik but it might have some impact and I'm really not sure if Windows 10 gets all the new drivers on instalation.

Even if it won't work than oh well, at least you've got up to date drivers now.

How safe is Drive Booster 3 for Windows 10? I looked through some reviews and some of them mention having problems with 10. I'm a little iffy messing with drivers in an indirect way since that time I updated my Intel display drivers for my i7 4770k  and it dropped my fps to the 30's so I tried to fix it by removing the driver since I could have sworn my Gpu was in charge of the display so figured it wouldn't hurt anything. Ended up with a black screen even on the boot screen.

With select graphic options being grayed out, your problem might rely on your RAM. What's its size? My current RAM is 2.00 GB, which allows my cpu to barely run the highest graphics settings with a GTX 660. If a program suddenly starts in my cpu background, warframe will crash.

I'm hoping to upgrade to at least 4.00 GB by Christmas. I would suggest the same, if not higher, such as two RAM 4.00GB sticks for a total of 8.00 GB for your 770. 

On a side note, around update 15 64bit just "stopped" working. Try unchecking "64bit" in the launchers options (tiny gear in the top right corner) and see if that helps.

I've got 16GB of RAM plus whatever my GTX 770 has built in.

Edited by Aumaan

How safe is Drive Booster 3 for Windows 10? I looked through some reviews and some of them mention having problems with 10. I'm a little iffy messing with drivers in an indirect way since that time I updated my Intel display drivers for my i7 4770k  and it dropped my fps to the 30's so I tried to fix it by removing the driver since I could have sworn my Gpu was in charge of the display so figured it wouldn't hurt anything. Ended up with a black screen even on the boot screen.

I've got 16GB of RAM plus whatever my GTX 770 has built in.

I've got both nvidia physx and runtime tsselation availabe and turnd on with inferior gear to your (nvidia gt645m). And driver booster is pretty safe, it makes a system restore point before updating any drivers so you can roll back in case of any problems. And that problem of yours was really badly handled but I guess you've learned that by now, do not straight up delete drivers for important stuff caus it gets that stuff to either stop working at all or makes it lose a lot of it's power.