Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kinetos

Warframes are these super advanced bio/tech exoskeletal armor stealth suits, yet our solution for seeing in the dark is flashlights. And they are... Odd... Moving the camera around while idle moves the light beam, so apparently it's not attached to... Anything? And apparently our enemies don't have any need of them.

Proposal:

Replace flashlights on Warframes with night vision. Also add a control to toggle it.

Add flashlights to Grineer weapons, and Corpus Crewmens' box helmets.

As tenno, we cannot see through the armor, the camera is in a third person view, so having thermal senors would not work as told, unless Nukor.

I think there is a topic about this, but i'm not going to search it, I'm lazy.

Note* the frames that have eye-like energy areas, like valkyr, with(Basset and regular) two. can project a light from the helm.

I would like nightvision, but...how many locations does this help? and this shouldn't be implemented in heavy fog areas.

Edited by Magnulast

Like COG soldiers can't see through their own eyes because the camera is third person? Or Shepard, perhaps?

Yep.

What came first, finding that flashlight or thinking of this topic?

Finding that flashlight, he stated that he wanted to REPLACE the flashlight.

And the issue arose from people not liking the flashlight.

Edited by Magnulast

Recently since we've gone back to dark frame (yes!). I played an entire survival alert against the infested in pitch black because our flash lights decided they wouldn't turn on. The only way to spot the infested was from their small lights. Though the sudden flash of light from a gun or melee hit was pretty cool. It was fun in the end but it's obvious these old flash lights that turn off and on by them selves are flawed.

Edited by Postal_pat

The issue I see is the poor console peeps and their own ability to trigger this - there's already a hard-press for the buttonspace there, if I remember correctly, and adding something in as mandatory as this might not work out well.

Edited by Morec0

The issue I see is the poor console peeps and their own ability to trigger this - there's already a hard-press for the buttonspace there, if I remember correctly, and adding something in as mandatory as this might not work out well.

true, I was thinking it could have a menu option for automatic as is now or manual with a button.

As tenno, we cannot see through the armor, the camera is in a third person view, so having thermal senors would not work as told, unless Nukor.

I think there is a topic about this, but i'm not going to search it, I'm lazy.

Note* the frames that have eye-like energy areas, like valkyr, with(Basset and regular) two. can project a light from the helm.

I would like nightvision, but...how many locations does this help? and this shouldn't be implemented in heavy fog areas.

Sorry but I'm pretty sure that that's complete speculation. We've never had any confirmation that Tenno cannot see through their Warframes. In fact, we've had indication that it's NOT, because of Mesa. She's known to wear a Blindfold for the challenge of it. If they saw through third person, then that wouldn't even matter.

Edited by Akiryx

Have a flashlight sentinel which the light will shine the owner's path or
at any enemy nearby.

Or simply... give Helios a flashlight mod which can be equipped
when we don't want it wasting the scanners in missions.

Have a flashlight sentinel which the light will shine the owner's path or
at any enemy nearby.

Or simply... give Helios a flashlight mod which can be equipped
when we don't want it wasting the scanners in missions.