The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara. How Do You Feel About Her?

Swailwort

I feel like she won't go far in a T4.

Stealth is all well and good, but nullifiers and bombards won't give a damn, especially if you're with your team.

Great solo frame, perfect for spy and exterminate. Not so much in end game and defense missions.

And if anyone wants to bring up how great she can do in a team by just keeping herself alive, or by killing higher priority targets, i'll show you everyone's hatred of Limbo.

She can make other teammates invisible which is excellent for revivals or general survival. She also controls the battlefield using an array of stuns and herding abilities.

She has excellent team utility.

She can make other teammates invisible which is excellent for revivals or general survival. She also controls the battlefield using an array of stuns and herding abilities.

She has excellent team utility.

Limbo can make others completely immune to damage, which is excellent for revivals or general survival.

He also controls what enemies are in or out of battle, and can eliminate them very easily as he so chooses.

Explain to me how everyone loves Ivara and despises Limbo, when they're both as useful as each other.

I was skeptical at first but seeing her skills in action she actually looks pretty fun. I just hope they update ziplines so that (most) abilities can work on them, since I'd probably never stop using them :P

I think I'm really mad that they didn't call her Artemis, it's such a better name.

Meh, Artemis seems a bit cliche of a name for an archer character. And at the very least her 4th is called the Artemis Bow.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Limbo can make others completely immune to damage, which is excellent for revivals or general survival.

He also controls what enemies are in or out of battle, and can eliminate them very easily as he so chooses.

Explain to me how everyone loves Ivara and despises Limbo, when they're both as useful as each other.

Limbo also disallows you to pick up up items, forces allies to use abilities as they cannot damage enemies front he other side of the rift with weapons.  Banishing enemies is single target meaning he must do it individually, using cataclysm might prevent them from damaging you, but you cannot damage them unless you too are in the same plane, wear there you can be killed as easily as when in normal play.

Ivara does similar to what limbo is capable of except in AoE and provides even more utility than he does with more creative uses such as looting and even ziplines for mobility.

Because Ivara doesn't restrict who you can kill nor your ability to get loot. Also she can't troll you with her team-targeting ability: oh my, I'm invisible? How terrible!

Limbo also disallows you to pick up up items, forces allies to use abilities as they cannot damage enemies front he other side of the rift with weapons.  Banishing enemies is single target meaning he must do it individually, using cataclysm might prevent them from damaging you, but you cannot damage them unless you too are in the same plane, wear there you can be killed as easily as when in normal play.

Ivara does similar to what limbo is capable of except in AoE and provides even more utility than he does with more creative uses such as looting and even ziplines for mobility.

Don't want in the rift? Want to pick up items? Don't want to be forced to use abilities? Roll.

Ziplines and pickpocket are going to be useless once the bombards arrive. Not that pickpocket was the helpful to start with.

Don't mistake this for me disliking Ivara; I don't. She sounds like a lot of fun. But the team utility she brings is very limited unless you can communicate well with your team (like Limbo), she looks like she could dominate solo play (like Limbo), and she looks like she would be easy picking for an angry bombard/heavy gunner/nullifier (like Limbo).

Yet every single person seems super hyped for her, and absolutely hates Limbo with every fiber of their being.

Don't want in the rift? Want to pick up items? Don't want to be forced to use abilities? Roll.

Ziplines and pickpocket are going to be useless once the bombards arrive. Not that pickpocket was the helpful to start with.

Don't mistake this for me disliking Ivara; I don't. She sounds like a lot of fun. But the team utility she brings is very limited unless you can communicate well with your team (like Limbo), she looks like she could dominate solo play (like Limbo), and she looks like she would be easy picking for an angry bombard/heavy gunner/nullifier (like Limbo).

Yet every single person seems super hyped for her, and absolutely hates Limbo with every fiber of their being.

Inside cataclysm? Goodluck pickup things. Drop the bubble? Risk yourself to be damaged. Also Rift having such heavy limitation is exactly why Limbo is so hated by teammates, Ivara being able to accomplish the same thing without actually restricting enemies puts her in a much better sense to Limbo. Invisibility is a straight buff

Nullifiers, bombards will not target you  If you're invisible, which you can make yourself and allies on a whim. An angry bombard? put it to sleep. Nullifier attacking you? Go invisible and shoot it down, unlike limbo who can't harm it from in the rift.

If you can't see the obvious difference between her and Limbo interms of how they are played aside form that fact that both ae capable of solo play then there's not much further i can go on with you. I'm fairly certain if people saw her as another Limbo, she would be hated on sight.

Questions:

-if you use her skil which let you to "steal" loot from living enemy, and then you kill said enemy,will they drop loot again? By which i mean double loot, 1 by stealing while they were alive, another by killing them and making them drop the loot...

- how fare is she on a crowd control? Loki has radial disarm, ash has blade storm, ivara?

Questions:

-if you use her skil which let you to "steal" loot from living enemy, and then you kill said enemy,will they drop loot again? By which i mean double loot, 1 by stealing while they were alive, another by killing them and making them drop the loot...

- how fare is she on a crowd control? Loki has radial disarm, ash has blade storm, ivara?

1.From stream yes, you can loot them and then kill them for more loot. Not sure if there's more to looting mechanic

2. For CC she can put enemies in AoE to sleep with an arrow  (think Equinox Rest) and lure enemies to a specific spot (think Loki's disarm).

Did you guys see the energy pool of Ivara? At one point she had 450ish energy and the bar indicator was at 60ish percent! Does this mean Volt Prime has competition now at highest energy pool? And also, does she even NEED that high of a pool? (Open question; not me making an argument here)

I sort of see a comparable to Limbo as well with Ivara, though not in precisely the same manner as (XB1)Gray Silhouette.  Limbo is one of the only frames that truly thrives from a player having a distinctly unique outlook on handling the situations thrown at them during play.  From what was shown in the Dev Stream Ivara seems to play to that same aspect, though in a much different way than Limbo.

Personally I'm absolutely looking forward to utilizing Ivara, given her kit and apparent stats I could easily see her becoming my most used frame.  And I'm totally not saying that only because of the concept of controllable Lanka bolts, that would be silly.

Did you guys see the energy pool of Ivara? At one point she had 450ish energy and the bar indicator was at 60ish percent! Does this mean Volt Prime has competition now at highest energy pool? And also, does she even NEED that high of a pool? (Open question; not me making an argument here)

During the video there's a point where you can see the UI overview of the stats of the Ivara being used, however it's noteworthy that the one in play had 2 Forma, so we're not talking stock statistics here.

• Shield - 740
  • Power - 656
  • Health - 225
  • Armor - 50

Given the numbers seen it's sort of safe to assume the following, her Shield is being increased by a mod, as is her power.  However it's likely possible that the build used for that gameplay footage has neither any HP or Armor mods, since those values look to be "stock".  Also from the Energy Capacity noted, we can infer that they had a partly ranked Primed Flow slotted.  A quick stint over to the wiki and I could see that at least one of the values listed on the chart for Primed Flow was indeed 656.

Perhaps I missed what they said but is the 4th Skill necessary to use her custom arrows, or how does that work in general?

As far as I'm aware of, her 4th equips her bow that is specific to her. I don't think it'll drain energy or anything, not sure.

But yeh, I think it is necessary to have/use a bow for her ability(ies).