The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara. How Do You Feel About Her?

Swailwort

She looks good but I have a feeling that it won't work out as well as people make it out to be.

Sleep Arrow - Great in question but really when are you ever going to use this in the middle of combat when out right shooting them will be quicker.

On a defence you've probably got a frost anyway and on Survival you've got a Vauban if your camping.  Almost every other mission is too fast paced for it to really make a difference IMO.

Stealth Arrow - Probably the better of the 3(?).  Clutch revives could play heavily.  Thats all I got.  Other then for stealth play / solo.

Noise Arrow - Great for luring stuff into Vaubans Vortex in Survivals, other then solo play I don't see much use of this personally.

Controlling the Arrow - Looks cool but again, game feels to fast paced for this to be useful in group play when stuff dies.

Pickpocket - Like above, feels too slow.

Ult - I don't know stats so I can't say much.

Conclusion - Kit is based of being able to set up stuff but frankly, stuff dies too quick for it to matter other then the stealth arrow which will be always useful.  I can image it being a nicer frame for Spy missions and things like that depending how it interacts with lasers.  A bombard that is asleep, still isn't dead.  If the noise arrow only affects non-alerted mobs then its a solo skill IMO.  Other then that, they still aren't dead.  Ult might be good might be trash depending on how well it scales.

I will probably play her regardless as I do my fair share of solo play.  I just don't see what she can bring to a group that would make it any better other then a stealth arrow.

Kit is based of being able to set up stuff but frankly, stuff dies too quick for it to matter other then the stealth arrow which will be always useful. I can image it being a nicer frame for Spy missions and things like that depending how it interacts with lasers. A bombard that is asleep, still isn't dead. If the noise arrow only affects non-alerted mobs then its a solo skill IMO. Other then that, they still aren't dead. Ult might be good might be trash depending on how well it scales.

I will probably play her regardless as I do my fair share of solo play. I just don't see what she can bring to a group that would make it any better other then a stealth arrow.

Spam invis arrow around the pod so allies can be invisible or just outright shoot allies with the invisible arrow.

Use the lure arrow in one spot filled with Torid shots.

Sleep arrow , but high priority targets to sleep. Like heavies or bombards. Then shoot them.

Zip line arrow, perfect for infested survival.

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

Spam invis arrow around the pod so allies can be invisible or just outright shoot allies with the invisible arrow.

Use the lure arrow in one spot filled with Torid shots.

Sleep arrow , but high priority targets to sleep. Like heavies or bombards. Then shoot them.

Zip line arrow, perfect for infested survival.

1. Then the enemies shoot the pod.  

2. Who the F*** uses a Torid and why not just use the Tonkor?

3. I would rather just shoot them, sleep is a waste of time IMO

4. I forgot about zipline, that seems like it could be a lot of fun.

Edited by Morte_de_Angelis

She looks good but I have a feeling that it won't work out as well as people make it out to be.

I largely agree with you.

They got pretty clever with her moveset, but it reminds me of Limbo - the idea behind his powers is clever as well, that doesn't make him a good addition to the game. Ivara seems like a niche 'for-fun' Warframe that might be good for solo missions or people who enjoy overly complicated gameplay (just like Limbo), but it's just unnecessary, and not particularly useful. 

I'm just not really seeing it from her. Her Taunt arrow might be her most intriguing power - depending on how strong the enemy draw it has might change how useful she is.

Edited by AM-Bunny

I still have to wonder how Aftertouch will work with certain weapons. Will it give the projectile infinite range? So could I use the Sonicor and give it much increased range? Does the projectile speed have an effect? Could I make some fun displays will Opticor lasers, or will the projectile move too fast to do much with?

I think she'll be very fun for soloing. However I'm worried about her team play. It seems she may be delegated to using her 4 constantly while in a team. or her "snooze arrow" with extremely high range for large area CC.

Either way, she's an instant craft for me. I have a few bows I've left unranked just for her.

Kind of disappointed. Didn't they said she should get some poisonous abilities in a devstream ? By the way in her artwork we can clearly see some kind of strange liquid (very probably poison) coming from her arrow. What happened to that idea ? Besides that her skillset seems fun.

Scrapped and reworked. Its like Atlas started as frame who punches stuff but came out to be earth elemental.

I couldnt be bothered to vote, and i wish i had done now cos willow is a much better name but i now cant moan about it cos i didnt vote haha =P

The abilities look fun as well.

(also i hope they call another frame willow in the future and dont have it based on a vote, cos i would rp the frell out and pretend willow grew up to be a space ninja instead of an annoying sitcom actor haha)