Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Alt Helmet - Interfector

ReckonStellar

Edit: Now available at teh steam workshop for your browsing :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=566278731&searchtext=

I'm kinda late in getting started on my helmet, but I gonna try and get done in time for submission.

I'm calling it Interfector.

A rough sketch of the helmet from a vague sculpt. Kinda got my ideas down of what I wanted.

tumblr_nyjaizbb7T1t1lahto1_1280.jpg

Managed to get the rough shapes and forms with a little bit of detail.

tumblr_nyjaizbb7T1t1lahto2_1280.jpg

I attatched and blended the 'mandibles' to the main form to make them look a little less floaty as well as a couple of details on the front.

tumblr_nyjaizbb7T1t1lahto3_1280.jpg

And these are where I currently am at. Blending it together a little more. 

tumblr_nyjaizbb7T1t1lahto4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nyjaizbb7T1t1lahto5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nyjaizbb7T1t1lahto6_1280.jpg

Really sprinting this thing to meet the deadline, but its so much fun and great practice even I miss it.

Design's a bit crazy but I'd love to hear thoughts on this. :D

Edited by ReckonStellar

Sides look great, but as for the way the 3 "tips" in the front connects.. I'd give it some extra time for reform.

it's originality is key but it can backfire if going too far.

I'd throw in two suggestions for the 3 "tips" on the front.. And maybe the on the back since they seem to correspond with each other

1. Instead of attaching at the ends of the tips make them disconnected and sharper/pointier. Like the points at the top of the horn. (Wether curvy or straight)

2. Have them connect at the end - but in the form of a blade .. Like ->. /\ Not as narrow of course

The front also gives a nekros vibe, especially in the center. Don't know if that affects it's ability to be picked for in-game but if there's enough time to revise then I'd give that some thought too

tumblr_nyomoyXQvM1t1lahto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nyomoyXQvM1t1lahto3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nyomoyXQvM1t1lahto5_1280.jpg

So!! It looks like I made the deadline. Submitted several hours before 1 o'clock but general it felt pretty close. I'm extremely happy to be able to take part and sharpen my skills at this stuff. I hope I'll be able to have time to develop more content cuz I'm having a blast playing around with the warframe style.

Here's the steam link if its something that tickles your fancy!

If not, then have a browse on the workshop as there is tonnes of awesome content on there worthy of your attention :)

Cheers.

Edit: Now available at teh steam workshop for your browsing :)

I'm kinda late in getting started on my helmet, but I gonna try and get done in time for submission.

I'm calling it Interfector.

A rough sketch of the helmet from a vague sculpt. Kinda got my ideas down of what I wanted.

tumblr_nyjaizbb7T1t1lahto1_1280.jpg

Managed to get the rough shapes and forms with a little bit of detail.

tumblr_nyjaizbb7T1t1lahto2_1280.jpg

I attatched and blended the 'mandibles' to the main form to make them look a little less floaty as well as a couple of details on the front.

tumblr_nyjaizbb7T1t1lahto3_1280.jpg

And these are where I currently am at. Blending it together a little more.

tumblr_nyjaizbb7T1t1lahto4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nyjaizbb7T1t1lahto5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nyjaizbb7T1t1lahto6_1280.jpg

Really sprinting this thing to meet the deadline, but its so much fun and great practice even I miss it.

Design's a bit crazy but I'd love to hear thoughts on this. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely gorgeous helmet, but I'm debating if this is very Excal fitting. The horn on the front is indeed Excal theme fitting, but the whole design screams Nekros to me. Perhaps if this one doesn't go over well you could find a way to refit this to Nekros, since he is now a part of steam workshop frames.

Regardless, you have my vote :)