Lucha's Grove in Interstellar Space - Bodo Syandana is on Steam now

Lucha

Hi everyone!

I've been doing this for several weeks (during my free-of-work-days). The reason I decide to post it here is an answer to the question I ask myself (worthless?).

Allright, it's still a work-in-progress. Some more details incoming and several things outcoming XD

Just wanna see your opinion:)

Spoiler

ZBrush%20Document2_zps5emiwvc0.jpg

The progress so far:

Spoiler

screenshot002_zpsv69ol07e.png

Basic textures done. Yay!

Spoiler

screenshot005_zps2azjng82.png

Finally! 

headpic_zpsgnkhefth.png

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=816335327&searchtext=

Edited by Lucha

Very, very beautiful. Flows very nicely. I'm almost afraid it might be too complex. Would the parts that widen at the bottom be cloth? I can see many problems getting everything rigged, which is why I worry, but if it can be done, if DE's willing, I would definitely love to see this in-game and own it myself.

Thanks to everyone! 

Very, very beautiful. Flows very nicely. I'm almost afraid it might be too complex. Would the parts that widen at the bottom be cloth? I can see many problems getting everything rigged, which is why I worry, but if it can be done, if DE's willing, I would definitely love to see this in-game and own it myself.

That is. I know the rigging is a pain in whatever, so I'm trying to figure out a way to make the syandana more balanced and lighten the lower part without destroying the silhouette. 

Thank you for kind words! I'm very motivated now XD

Some more details... Can't say I found a nice solution to the problem of the lower part... I detached this 'bead'-part from lower 'ribbons' so there are two main parts there now - one solid and the second one more like fabric (?) Please, if you have any suggestions, share them.

Allright, one day I'm gonna be done with this mess...

ZBrush%20Document9_zps2qenwgft.jpg

ZBrush%20Document10_zps1hfprqaa.jpg

That is an amazing syandana and I would totaly buy this, but the Devs may deny it due to the amount of cloth rigs required for the warframe engine. You may want to find some way of asking them if its acceptable to have the model like that. 

This is prior too. 

https://warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=creating-a-syandana

Otherwise good job, one of the best i've seen so far. 

That is an amazing syandana and I would totaly buy this, but the Devs may deny it due to the amount of cloth rigs required for the warframe engine. You may want to find some way of asking them if its acceptable to have the model like that. 

This is prior too. 

https://warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=creating-a-syandana

Otherwise good job, one of the best i've seen so far. 

Yeah, as I mentioned above this is the most delicate point in the whole work of mine. As for the message to Devs - I'll try it.

The other issue is polygon count restriction. I'll try to retopo this highpoly so Devs have no problem regarding screwed polygons - imbalanced weight - horrible animation problems (lol I'm sooo confident), however can't guarantee final variant will be 100% as in the screenie :c

I'm not a professional 3d model artist after all :)

P.S. Thanks for support!

Small update. I believe I'm done with details (maybe).

And yeah, sorry for such a shader, I'm too lazy to give all these subtools different materials with different colors and properties XD

Caution! Heavy pics ahead

ZBrush%20Document11_zpsqzpbpyie.jpg

ZBrush%20Document12_zpsxmilfmbx.jpg

ZBrush%20Document14_zpsihbckimd.jpg

ZBrush%20Document13_zpsfwdpfkvj.jpg

ZBrush%20Document15_zpsk7p51qhd.jpg

ZBrush%20Document16_zpsyhw3vwpc.jpg

Edited by Lucha

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! I'm still alive XD

I've been doing this retopo work for a while trying to save topological peculiarities. This central solid part was a real challenge!

If you have any suggestions, please share them. I'm stuck (can't decide what to do - leave it as it is or redo main parts), coz I'm not that experienced :c

screenshot003_zpsxf0v78al.png screenshot004_zpssf6pwq6x.png

screenshot006_zpsg8p852av.png screenshot005_zpskg0dp4al.png

Hi everyone! I'm still alive XD

I've been doing this retopo work for a while trying to save topological peculiarities. This central solid part was a real challenge!

If you have any suggestions, please share them. I'm stuck (can't decide what to do - leave it as it is or redo main parts), coz I'm not that experienced :c

-big snip-

I personally think it looks pretty good as is. As for being stuck, I think it's up to you. If you're happy with it, I'd say that's done. If not, I guess the best way to go is to figure anything out that's putting you off about it, and rework those parts. Maybe you could try painting over a screenshot of the model, so you can concept out textures, then go back and edit the model if need be. That way you won't have to redo the textures if you decide to change the model a little.

Either way, I think it looks pretty good and look forward to progress and possible release. It's a beautiful syandana so far, and I'm admittedly giddy thinking about ways I could colour it to go with some of my frame schemes. ^-^