Lucha's Grove in Interstellar Space - Bodo Syandana is on Steam now

Lucha

Great work. Very unique and interesting design and I really wanna see this in game.

Imo it kinda feels lonely without all the intricately patterned petals all over, so I hope you have enough in your poly budget to take care of those. Also I'm seeing some baking artifacts at the bottom most part that might be resolved by baking with a cage.

Thanks!

Great work. Very unique and interesting design and I really wanna see this in game.

Imo it kinda feels lonely without all the intricately patterned petals all over, so I hope you have enough in your poly budget to take care of those. Also I'm seeing some baking artifacts at the bottom most part that might be resolved by baking with a cage.

Well, I finished my retopo work and got abot 7k tris. The limit set by DE is 7500. I'm really afraid of adding some more parts. And yeah, that was test baking for showing off XD Tried both cage and averege (according to the advise on polycount forums), still there are issues like this. I'm thinking of substance painter coz it has (as far as I recall) an option of drawing normals right in a mesh using a brush. Anyways, thanks for advise! I appriciate ^_^

Thanks to all of you! Your feedback motivates me to continue my horrible work XD

Finished cage backing. Still got issues, they seem to be inevitable T.T Allright, just need another 4 weeks to get rid of this mess.

screenshot010_zpspvajezix.png

screenshot009_zpspgqj7mdx.png

screenshot011_zpst4ep7ocw.png

The middle part could use some simpler detail that reads well.  Right now it just comes across as noise.  I had to look closer to see what's going on.  Also since the pattern is noise like, my eye tends not to be drawn to it.  Some simpler patterns would help in this regard.

Thanks!

Did a lot of work to somehow minimize normal map and mesh glitches. Even had to hand-paint normal map lol. Then I uploaded it in tennogen viewer and got this. In other software like marmoset, substance peinter with evo shader, blender and quirxel 3do everything is ok. I even had a look at normals directions, but nothing revealed the source of the issue. Has anyone encountered such a problem?

bandicam%202016-01-16%2019-10-50-359_zps

Edited by Lucha

• 3 weeks later...

Please tell me you're still working on this masterpiece? 

Yep, though I have to rethink some parts... Also, resculpted the central part.

Dunno whether it is better now...

screenshot004_zpsyykwft38.png

btw, any ideas for a decent name? XD Name giving is a painful job for me

• 3 months later...

I'm almost back.

Almost. I think I'll leave it as it is (I mean the model and normals, i.e surface, except for some texture surfaces) and start to paint textures (finally).

Spoiler

screenshot002_zpsv69ol07e.png

Hope this rez is enough.

P.S. I'm concerned about this sci-fi non-sci-fi look.

P.P.S. Guys, how do you change topic titles? -.-

Edited by Lucha

beautiful work. my i suggest, regarding of the sci-fi element, replacing the top flower with the lotus symbol and making  the side's  represent a lotus  flower shape. imo, that will give it a more warframe-ish look. still  an amazing work as it is. 

15 hours ago, Lucha said:

I'm almost back.

Almost. I think I'll leave it as it is (I mean the model and normals, i.e surface, except for some texture surfaces) and start to paint textures (finally).

Hide contents

screenshot002_zpsv69ol07e.png

Hope this rez is enough.

P.S. I'm concerned about this sci-fi non-sci-fi look.

P.P.S. Guys, how do you change topic titles? -.-

I would punnch up the detail depth in your sculpt a bit, its a bit shallow and won't read that well unless you fix your normal strenght in your bake/photoshop

4 hours ago, ryu-hayabusa1 said:

beautiful work. my i suggest, regarding of the sci-fi element, replacing the top flower with the lotus symbol and making  the side's  represent a lotus  flower shape. imo, that will give it a more warframe-ish look. still  an amazing work as it is. 

It's a nice idea, but I'll stick to my 'design' :) I saw it the way it looks now with those simple flowers (almost, ribbons were remodelled like...4 times? Wow XD). However I consider this idea for my (maybe) future thingies, thanks!

4 hours ago, fredaven said:

I would punnch up the detail depth in your sculpt a bit, its a bit shallow and won't read that well unless you fix your normal strenght in your bake/photoshop

Yes, this is exactly what I thought, non-metal parts look completely blurred away, thanks for your feedback!

1 hour ago, Lucha said:

It's a nice idea, but I'll stick to my 'design' :) I saw it the way it looks now with those simple flowers (almost, ribbons were remodelled like...4 times? Wow XD). However I consider this idea for my (maybe) future thingies, thanks!

no problem, looking foreword to see it in the market. good luck.