Next thing I was planning

Spoiler

Guys, my drawing skills are very limited XD But I do it to remember the form

Nova%20conc_FG_zpsny2vaq3m.jpeg

25 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

It's like a Hemlock Nova helmet?

If that's the case please make it XD

Wow, you visited my thred, I'm soo flattered XD

If to be honest, I erased one 'bud' on the left side just not to show you my even more limited drawing skills with respect to 3/4 angles and symmetry XD But then I thout it was a nice idea - Nova gets one fashionable side pigtail (?) to replace a classic one -.O

• 1 month later...
On 30.06.2016 at 9:30 AM, Quarinah said:

So what happened? No update for a month? Can't find it in the workshop, really wanted to see the end result, because the design was pretty daring.

Oh, sorry, have been very busy :( I am actually texturing it right now :) It's rather hard for me since I have no special texturing software, so I need moew time, sorry :c

12 hours ago, Lucha said:

Oh, sorry, have been very busy :( I am actually texturing it right now :) It's rather hard for me since I have no special texturing software, so I need moew time, sorry :c

Substance Painter has a 30 days trial, and it has no restrictions or watermarks from what i know, get it and finish the syandana! :)

https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/download

8 hours ago, Quarinah said:

Substance Painter has a 30 days trial, and it has no restrictions or watermarks from what i know, get it and finish the syandana! :)

https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/download

Yes, I already tried it a while ago, when it was version 1.7 X) It's a very cool set of tools, however my GPU can't handle much of it :c

The thing is if I use trial for steam workshop I may find a letter from Allegorithmic the next day, as using trial for commercial use is a no-no (steam workshop is definitely qualified as a commercial use whether you recieve some money or not). Still I consider buying an indie pack. Maybe :)

But hey, I just need to clean up my mess of textures somehow, so hold on XD

P.S. This floaty cloth pieces aren't looking as well as thay were. Hmmm...

14 hours ago, Lucha said:

Yes, I already tried it a while ago, when it was version 1.7 X) It's a very cool set of tools, however my GPU can't handle much of it :c

The thing is if I use trial for steam workshop I may find a letter from Allegorithmic the next day, as using trial for commercial use is a no-no (steam workshop is definitely qualified as a commercial use whether you recieve some money or not). Still I consider buying an indie pack. Maybe :)

But hey, I just need to clean up my mess of textures somehow, so hold on XD

P.S. This floaty cloth pieces aren't looking as well as thay were. Hmmm...

fastest way that comes in mind to deal with the textures/tint is polypaint ZBrush, mask the parts and polygroup, or autogroup by various stuff like normals, then color by polygroups, or simply mask by cavity, peaks and valleys, but i dunno with what you struggle :)

post something, we'll figure stuff out, this peace really needs to be in steam workshop :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 08.07.2016 at 8:42 AM, Quarinah said:

fastest way that comes in mind to deal with the textures/tint is polypaint ZBrush, mask the parts and polygroup, or autogroup by various stuff like normals, then color by polygroups, or simply mask by cavity, peaks and valleys, but i dunno with what you struggle :)

post something, we'll figure stuff out, this peace really needs to be in steam workshop :)

I actually struggle with "how should I paint this? what the Hek I was thinking?" LOL

Yeah, I'm trying blender for this job also, but it's rather tricky since you must set a pbr-some shader and all the nodes etc etc. Polypaint is faster, but it somehow manages to give me broken bakes in some areas.

Found out Mari indie on steam, I think that will be my choice since Substance 2.0 requirements are going far beyond my PC specs now lol >:( 

But hey! I've managed to extract something for you before I leave for another while.

SLI4JIi.jpg

P.S. I dunno, I'm thinking now it's no good replicating orchid patterns -.- Emissive map still requires some cleaning *sighs*

P.S. I really hope I will have time and energy to finish this till 2017.

Edited by Lucha
  • 3 months later...

Thank you! ^_^

Coloring test has failed. I'll swap some colorbits and make metal details more shiny. Also ribbons need some love on the edges. Hope that'll help XD Some screenies in Tennogen though. Is it okay with such a pattern on ribbons or should I add even more swirls etc?

2_zps74l6iidm.png 1_zps9tudb3ds.png 3_zps2dg8cwhd.png

P.S. This thing needs a name...

Edited by Lucha
6 hours ago, MaaYuu said:

I kinda miss the orchid thing you had going on :sadcry: it'd go really well if the leaves were sculpted like the fins of the Iliac syandana

Well, I came to a conclusion that such a pattern doesn't really match the whole swirly design, so yeah, I guess I'll leave it to the next syandana :) Which will be more like an orchid actually...

Shinier metal parts +

Edges of ribbons +

Changes in color distribution +

Fix emissive +

Still several more minor thingies that can influence the view... Gee, the more I look closer, the more "I should do something with it" I get.

Also I've tried marmoset for render. Not the way it should look, but hey it's better than the view in Tennogen XD

Spoiler

Untitled-1_zpsl9i3f6ec.png

Edited by Lucha