Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is Beta, why is everything locked?

Mdoa

This is closed beta, no? Why should I have to invest time and game currency to unlock warframes and guns just so I can 'test' them (which is the purpose of betas?) IE: How can I test end-game items for bugs if I have to invest numerous weekends/hours just to unlock them first via grinding.

I'm not complaining by no means, seriously.. It's a great game so far and I love the direction it's headed. I just don't see why us closed beta testers don't get exclusive access to every gun/warframe for strictly testing purposes and then start fresh when the closed beta ends (release date) ect.

Anyways yeah, am I the only one who feels this way? lmk. See you all in-game :-)

"Why do I haft to put effort into a game?"

So we can use a massive ammount of data and statistics to figure out what people do, go, and invest their time in. To figure out 'why' no one goes 1 way, and gear the game towards what people do like. Metrics are hard.

Also, Whipes are so not going ot happen. and if they do, they will warn and refund us. researching is hard.

Edited by Zenatsu

I never insisted they should do a wipe or that they would, I was just throwing it out there. Yes I know the in-game currency isn't very hard to grind out, it's more of the warframes. I'm just use to playing each class/role to gain various perspectives on how games work and flow from all angles and I suppose at the free rate of creating warframes that most of us "average joes" won't have time to create more than one or two frames for testing purposes?

Seriously guys, I'm not complaining or saying anything should be changed. I'm quite fine with grinding stuff as it actually gives a feit of accomplishment.

They are testing the communities sociology and how they react to limited condtitions. They can also get a lot of info on the grind itself, they adjust the drop rates as we've seen before. They also need to test the functionalty of some early level weapons which no body would use if they had all high end items.