Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Alt Helmet] - Mag - Takaimo

Takai

Had a blast working on this! Here is the original thread, I initially did not see the workshop section in the WF forums and I started postin stuff in "Fan Concepts"... anywhoo:

You can laugh at me struggling here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/558093-alt-helmet-mag-takaimo/

Or here: http://polycount.com/discussion/160838/alt-helmete-mag-takaimo

z5ndqp8x5fgz.jpg

This is super awesome and I think if you take what Morec0 said into consideration it could really bump it to the next level

Aye, but that's just sort of the general comeuppance I have with most of the Tennogen ones, they look COOL by themselves, but I can't help but feel that the whole mechanical look to them doesn't mesh well with the bodies of the large majority of Warframes - especially early ones like Mag and Excalibur.

Aye, but that's just sort of the general comeuppance I have with most of the Tennogen ones, they look COOL by themselves, butFeel I can't help but feel that the whole mechanical look to them doesn't mesh well with the bodies of the large majority of Warframes - especially early ones like Mag and Excalibur.

RKXRPQj.png

OR0UAAB.png

Maybe people are just going from memory, but there is very little in the way of "organics" on Mag. Smooth lines and forms on the majority of the body, yes, but very "mechanical" none the less. Especially her helmets.

I think there is plenty of room for people to explore and deviate. If they were all just clones following the same theme over and over, what would be the point?

I think maybe people are not used to seeing these kinds of details up close and in good lighting, and maybe don't recognize those elements in DEs own design.

Edited by Charismo

RKXRPQj.png

OR0UAAB.png

Maybe people are just going from memory, but there is very little in the way of "organics" on Mag. Smooth lines and forms on the majority of the body, yes, but very "mechanical" none the less. Especially her helmets.

I think there is plenty of room for people to explore and deviate. If they were all just clones following the same theme over and over, what would be the point?

I think maybe people are not used to seeing these kinds of details up close and in good lighting, and maybe don't recognize those elements in DEs own design.

I woudl beg to differ, looking at the Coil helm. And note that I said "some", the side profile shown I think looks fine, but when you get to the back I think it's gone a bit overboard. It looks like pieces have been layered over each other, but compare that to either of these helmets and the difference is obvious - with those is flows into one another. It has mechanical-loooking elements but with the exception of the floating bits - which are even the exception here - it all flows into itself as part of the same system.

And those "mechanical bits" that are there are more folds within that than the very stand-outish mechanical pieces I'm seeing in the shown design. Especially looking at the back of the neck in the final picture, I'm seeing a CLEAR distinction between the helmet and the neck and it doesn't line up for me like I think it could if some parts of the design were toned down.

And with us lookin at the back of the Warframe more than half the time....

I'm ALL for variation, don't get me wrong, but it needs to be variation within the confines of what we're given in visuals. You can take a spartan helmet and put it on Excalibur's body, but that doesn't mean it will fit.

And with us lookin at the back of the Warframe more than half the time....

Let's compare the Takaimo. 

jczG40B.png

Both designs are very comparable, and the Takaimo seems in step with the existing design. Especially the transition between helmet and neck. If anything, the same complaints can be levied against DE's design.

Edited by Charismo

Let's compare the Takaimo. 

jczG40B.png

Both designs are very comparable, and the Takaimo seems in step with the existing design. 

See, I don't see it. To me Takaimo looks too... overbuilt. Too much like piece affixed together rather than a single whole, molded and shaped from the same piece; and that is apparent to me in the side by side. In particular with the lump on the top-back of the skull and leading to the nape of the neck.

It's just my opinion, I'll be disagreed with, but melding the pieces together more, I think, would go a long way.

Edited by Morec0

Too much like piece affixed together rather than a single whole, and that is apparent to me in the side by side.

Ah, I think this may be the point I'm missing in your opinion. I recognise that, but just not as a flaw of the design, so that seems to be where we differ. I respect your point of view though, and feel I wouldn't object to your proposed changes if they were made.

Ah, I think this may be the point I'm missing in your opinion. I recognise that, but just not as a flaw of the design, so that seems to be where we differ. I respect your point of view though, and feel I wouldn't object to your proposed changes if they were made.

Indeed, and even this in its current state ISN'T completely and totally out of place, I simply think that some tweaks would overall help it mesh better with the greater identity of the frame it's for and the Warframe design aesthetics as a whole.