The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Recently Huge Perfomance Drop

ShadoZzz

Hello everyone, recently I have been having huge perfomance drops without knowing the source. I got all my drivers updated none of my components are overheating, I used to play this game really smooth few months ago but recently it's a nightmare considering the system I'm running in. I've already tried setting the graphics card to maximum perfomance and everything it still runs very poorly but since I didn't touch anything in the graphic settings untill now it's impossible to be the source since my perfomance in other games remains the same.

Cheers everyone

My specs are:

Windows 7 Ultimate 

i7 4790k 4.0ghz with a boost of 4.3ghz

MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr Gaming OC

Kingston HyperX Savage 16gb's 2400mhz

XFX Pro Series 850W

ADATA XPG SX900 2.5" 128GB SSD SATAIII

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA

Yeah that, I seem to notice it alot in void, ceres and a couple more which I never felt before :s I checked my whole system to see if it was my own fault but considering that any other games I play are displaying any type of perfomance drop it couldn't be for any reference my system is 4 months old

Edited by ShadoZzz

Multicore Rendering could've been turned off in the launcher... Unlikely, but possible. ;-;

EDIT: How stable is it running in your Liset, for example? Is it a constant low FPS or does it drop often?

Edited by Mevolent

I've been having too huge FPS/Stutter issues after U18, but it's not constant. Only idea I've come up with thus far is that there is GPU memory leaks.

When I start to play warframe from fresh restart of a PC. The game works perfect everywhere with any amount of enemy or duration of the mission. It's only after playing for an hour or more it suddenly mid mission drops my fps from 120(capped) to 55-60 and insane stuttering. If there is lots of enemies the fps drops near 0. Also when this happens, if I shoot enemy the game totally freezes for fraction of a second when the bullets show the dmg numbers and before the enemy physically shows any reaction to the bullets.

Restarting the game doesn't remove this issue. Only restarting PC does. Last time I had even remotely similar issues was the Infested Event back in the day, but those issues were fixed long time ago.

After the official release of Windows10 I've had zero problems with performance while playing Warframe. It's really common that I've been playing 4 to even 12 hours a day without even closing the game exe once during that time and never had any performance issues.

Restarting the game wouldn't be that annoying every hour or so. But the fact that I'm forced to restart my PC to be able to play Warframe again is frustrating. I only restart my PC when windows updates force me to and this means that I often have uptimes over weeks long. These uptimes never have affected any performance in any game before. So that's why my conclusion atm is that there has to be some issues with GPU handling with Warframe.

Setup:

Windows10 Pro 64bit

Intel i7 950; 3,1Ghz

12 GB DDR3

nVidia 670 overclocked

PCIe SSD for the operating system

Separate SSD (Sata6gbs) that the game is installed on