Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lukinu_U Workshop

lukinu_u

Mag Neon:

Based on my first concept (Mag Neon), I made a new version with normal and more details.

Steam Workshop page : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=565872771

1448904926-mag-neon-v3-image-1.jpg
1448904927-mag-neon-v3-image-2.jpg

More details

1448904929-mag-neon-v3-image-3.jpg
1448904930-mag-neon-v3-image-4.jpg
1448904931-mag-neon-v3-image-5.jpg
1448904932-mag-neon-v3-image-6.jpg
1448904933-mag-neon-v3-image-7.jpg

Volt Neon:

After a few request, I make a Neon Skil like I make on Mag

1449865625-volt-neon-image-0.jpg

1449865624-volt-neon-image-1.jpg

More details:

1449865707-volt-neon-image-3.jpg
1449865709-volt-neon-image-4.jpg
1449865710-volt-neon-image-7.jpg
1449865712-volt-neon-image-5.jpg
1449865713-volt-neon-image-6.jpg

Color pattern

1449865715-volt-neon-image-2.jpg
1449865717-volt-neon-image-8.jpg

I must say this is a very nice skin, but to me it doesn't fit Warframe's aesthetic?

True.

What about taking out the circuitry  and replacing it with something like the effects of her default helm?  Having that cosmic swirling in those panels would be pretty awesome. 

It just doesn't fit Warframe's aesthetic at all. Plus, your previous version was better. I still think that your circuit pattern is too inspired by the original copyrighted one.

I definitely think that if you go back to your original one, remove the carbon fiber texture altogether (so, just make that part black or dark gray), and replace the circuit texture with a texture that's similar to the effects on either the default Mag helmet or similar to the effects on the Prime helmet, then you'll have a much better looking skin that fits in with Warframe's aesthetics.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

I respect the effort that went into this, but no.

Doesn't feel like it's a Warframe skin at all.

To be completely honest with you, and I'm as tired of this whole thing as you are, I believe that your first skin was the best one.

Yeah yeah, I know, I know. Copyrighted textures and such... But it definitely was the best.

For starters, the circuits texture was way more visually pleasing than this one (little space between circuits, don't just suddenly cross paths, symmetrical helmet circuits, the rest of the skin highlights the circuits, very eyecatching)

Second, it followed the natural flow of the Warframes themselves, not the blocky Corpus aesthetic.

I know you're probably going to die a little inside when I tell you this, but you've gotta start over.

If anything, I wish you good luck. And here's to hoping you'll win the next round.

Edited by Lukap99

I agree with Lukap99.

Ok, lukinu_u. Here's what I want you to do. Go back to your original texture, if you've still got it. Remove the carbon fiber, as it really doesn't look that good (again, you can just use a black texture for that, and you can make it dark gray on the roughness map). Then remove the circuit texture. Then, replace the circuits with something like the Sapping Osprey's energy (on the blue-ish part). I've got on picture here, but you can try to find some more images of it. That way, it'll be similar to what you've got, but also rather original and at the same time, fitting in with Warframe's aesthetics. And the other option is to make it look kinda like Mag Prime's helmet.

Warframe1492.jpg

Edited by AntoineFlemming

• 2 weeks later...