The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Charge Attacks....

Logos_Naki

I know this might be the last thing many of you care about with U18, but given I stick to melee only until it becomes impossible to do so.... 

How do you think that'll affect things in terms of melee viability? Or, as I am afraid of, will it just be another animation to hit things with?

I haven't followed the devstreams lately, so any information is appreciated. 

I don't think it'll change much, charge attack REMOVAL didn't change much back in... I think it was U7 or 8... I doubt their re-addition will change much either.

unless DE decides to take a separate-button combo approach to it, much like how Warriors games function (Warriors Orochi, Hyrule Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Dynasty Warriors) then that'll change a LOT when it comes to stances, and while I HOPE that's a thing, I rather doubt it will

I know this might be the last thing many of you care about with U18, but given I stick to melee only until it becomes impossible to do so.... 

How do you think that'll affect things in terms of melee viability? Or, as I am afraid of, will it just be another animation to hit things with?

I haven't followed the devstreams lately, so any information is appreciated. 

I'm pretty sure charge attacks do double damage, iirc 

they're also going to flow into combos and there's two charge attacks coming for each kind of weapon. 

add in if they crit or if you channel, or if you crit while channeling. 

it sounds like itll be very viable damage, but the way we have to play melee in game, its gonna hardly get used unless it's a AoE like Mio's charge whip is p.good

Edited by Vesiga

Charge attacks may give something different to the melee action, but until melee2.0 won't be revisited and made fully viable, it won't change much.

Let's say, Charge Attacks can become interesting if they're going to get some useful effects at the end of a combo, or if they're gonna get dedicated mods* which are going to change it; elseway it's going to become Charge Attack spam exactly like #4 skills did before.

*Something like "spawn Health/Energy Orb on killing the target with a  Charged Attack"... Slightly what the kind of mods like Heavy Impact should do, enhancing a move to force a strategy into using it.

Also I noticed 2 Charge Attacks are yet featured on the Mios weapon: with Quick Melee it performs an elaborated attack, when in Melee Only it performs the RipLine attack.
Imho it has some nice animations, but it doesn't really add anything to the melee fight flow.

Edited by Burnthesteak87