[DE]Rebecca

State Of Deployment Info Thread: The Second Dream Hath Arrived

just go to bed

u18 isn't going anywhere

Honestly, it's probably for the better since half of us won't even be able to get on it right away with the massive influx of players logging in to play it when it hits.
  • Upvote 1

Dude, seriously, the game is free to play, if you don't want to pay money you just don't. If you want to, great! it's a good way to give something back to the developers. But the enterity of the game content is free, even paid cosmetics. Just trade for plats and problem solved.

This game isnt a charity is a business, i give them money for their content not out of the goodness of my heart 

• Upvote 7

Uh... because it doesn't happen every time...

and now 18

Sure doesn't happen every time

Edited by Towermice
  • Upvote 17

Dude, seriously, the game is free to play, if you don't want to pay money you just don't. If you want to, great! it's a good way to give something back to the developers. But the enterity of the game content is free, even paid cosmetics. Just trade for plats and problem solvBuyi

Buying Plat and other stuff with real cash is not a big deal. How else are they gonna be able to get a paycheck and feed their families... Ppl seem to forget that this is their career they went to school, and worked their asses off to make Awesome games like this. And if ppl are gonna whine and complain then they are inconsiderate a*&holes. 

• Upvote 1

Update: We are going to work through the rest of night on the final build candidate, then get some sleep, then release the winning build in the morning so we are around (and reasonably rested) to support it however necessary. See you Thursday morning with more information!

Well, spacemom said to go to bed...to bed we go.

• Upvote 7

damn I was so hyped. I have class tomorrow all day so i wont be able to play it untill friday after work. :(

Sheesh, don't over-do it guys, don't want the devs going down from sleep deprivation D:  ... but thank you for your work. It's always nice knowing a company is rushing a deadline for it's community. Stay awesome, DE!

Edited by Requiem825
  • Upvote 1

Chill people, it is not the end of the world, there is a lot of things you can do or have to do instead of sitting in front of you computer waiting for the update to come pressing F5 more than Brock Lesnar doing F5 to people, for example you can read or watch a movie. There is no need to get the update right when it falls, so stay calm, take a chill pill, relax (in your own way) and look at it this way, if you are going to download the update late (like me because of reasons) probably there are going to be less bugs you have to deal with when you play it.

Relax.

• Upvote 2

Are so many of the people complaining in this thread for real? I understand being disappointed, but what's with the vitriol ya'll? Ever heard of delayed gratification? 

Sheesh, the internet age has taken any existing vestige of patience away from a lot of people apparently... also what about any kind of tolerance? Some of you say "most/all major updates have been delayed", well if that's true let's think about a couple things. 

1) You should have seen this coming then, why are you acting surprised? 

2) Is it really a shock that major updates are usually delayed? Do you have any idea how hard it is to squash major programming bugs? Really, why the surprise? 

They are human and they are trying their best, so why dump on them for it? 

So what' if it's a business? What happened to basic appreciation for other people's work. Why it's a business, and a job they do, but when I go to a fast food restaurant or a grocery store, I still thank the person who served me because they are a human being who did work that benefited me and as a fellow human doing their best they deserve my respect. 

• Upvote 17

They've been working on this for literal months, but NOW they decide "wow we have to fix all this stuff after doing nothing all this time"

They even gave it a release date. Why do people always come to this conclusion? I literally can't stand DE apologists.

How do you know they have been "doing nothing all this time"? Why are you even mad though, one more day of wait is nothing.

• Upvote 2

No hate or bashing or anything, but I love when game companies have a build ready a day before, so they just push through with it when scheduled. Surely people that worked in software industry are familiar with these 2 distinct patterns, a) have everything ready ahead of your deliberately forgiving schedule, or b) leave a lot to be done for the last day, stay long at work, get a sleepless night with coffee/energy drinks etc. Hell, this distinction exists even for people that study for exams, so pretty much everyone would be familiar with it. :D

• Upvote 7

Are so many of the people complaining in this thread for real? I understand being disappointed, but what's with the vitriol ya'll? Ever heard of delayed gratification? 

Sheesh, the internet age has taken any existing vestige of patience away from a lot of people apparently... also what about any kind of tolerance? Some of you say "most/all major updates have been delayed", well if that's true let's think about a couple things. 

1) You should have seen this coming then, why are you acting surprised? 

2) Is it really a shock that major updates are usually delayed? Do you have any idea how hard it is to squash major programming bugs? Really, why the surprise? 

They are human and they are trying their best, so why dump on them for it? 

So what' if it's a business? What happened to basic appreciation for other people's work. Why it's a business, and a job they do, but when I go to a fast food restaurant or a grocery store, I still thank the person who served me because they are a human being who did work that benefited me and as a fellow human doing their best they deserve my respect. 

d72b67adc55945b261ee7abb403ed092.jpg

• Upvote 14