[DE]Rebecca

State Of Deployment Info Thread: The Second Dream Hath Arrived

how about you dont say things like "maybe today at 6pm" when you don't even have a release candidate?

Dont release a hype post about releasing by 6pm if you're still scrambling to fix bugs. How hard is that? Missing the release day is one thing, but making a hype post estimating a time you barely have hopes of meeting is annoying. Unfortunately some people have to MAKE time to play, and waiting 3-4 hrs , just to be told youve wasted your time is irritating. 

• Upvote 12

Update: We are going to work through the rest of night on the final build candidate, then get some sleep, then release the winning build in the morning so we are around (and reasonably rested) to support it however necessary. See you Thursday morning with more information!

This is every single time ... update on Wednesday ...ups scratch that ... on Thursday ...   i don't remember a time when update was in  Wednesday...  so why are u keep saying it and keep people waiting .. ( especially EU players )  ...  maybe it is a time to change the update day to Monday ;p  so then u will have it compiled on Wednesday .. ;p 

• Upvote 1

It's only 7 on the west side of Canada! Digital Extremes, I grant you this boon of +4 Str +4 Stam, Keep squashin' dem bugs guys!

Edited by KAWASAKl
  • Upvote 2

1) You should have seen this coming then, why are you acting surprised? 

Because   for some reason i had hope DE wouldnt be late 

2) Is it really a shock that major updates are usually delayed? Do you have any idea how hard it is to squash major programming bugs? Really, why the surprise? 

Yes, they had an entire week and a half to squash all those bugs. during that week and a half they didnt release any content. Its their job to fix bgs i dont care how hard it is they chose that job path .

They are human and they are trying their best, so why dump on them for it? 

So what' if it's a business? What happened to basic appreciation for other people's work. Why it's a business, and a job they do, but when I go to a fast food restaurant or a grocery store, I still thank the person who served me because they are a human being who did work that benefited me and as a fellow human doing their best they deserve my respect. 

I woill thank them for their work if i could experience but i cant because its late and i am disappointed 

• Upvote 2

im not mad or even slightly upset that DE arnt getting the update out in time, im used to this. however, i do think it would be a good idea to add an extra day or two to the estimated finish of the update so that if they do release it "early" then people will be more suprised and excited than bummed out. not all content updates have to come out on Wednesdays, especially if they are large ones.

• Upvote 6

This is every single time ... update on Wednesday ...ups scratch that ... on Thursday ...   i don't remember a time when update was in  Wednesday...  so why are u keep saying it and keep people waiting .. ( especially EU players )  ...  maybe it is a time to change the update day to Monday ;p  so then u will have it compiled on Wednesday .. ;p 

Update 12 was  released on a wednesday every major update since that has bee late

im not mad or even slightly upset that DE arnt getting the update out in time, im used to this. however, i do think it would be a good idea to add an extra day or two to the estimated finish of the update so that if they do release it "early" then people will be more suprised and excited than bummed out. not all content updates have to come out on Wednesdays, especially if they are large ones.

Take some notes, developers. Not just DE. I think every developer could learn a thing or 2 from Nembilim. DE could have told us they were expecting U18 to be live 1 week from now, that way if we get it on Thursday or Friday it's a week early, making us happier.

• Upvote 6

I agree with this. Game coding isn't easy there is alot of factors they have to consider. My statements still stand...

• Upvote 1

This game isnt a charity is a business, i give them money for their content not out of the goodness of my heart 

No you dont. You give them money so that you dont have to farm it for free. It is possible to play the game out 100% without spending a dime. You pay to speed up the process of leveling everything. Not that Im mad at you since I've spent money as well. But you dont have to lie to yourself or anyone esle to justify your impatience with the content being delayed.

• Upvote 1

veterans like me should be use to it by now that updates are always gona be late it is starting to become a fact

and ppl stop with hype thing it always crashes badly on you 

just let them do there work 

do we really want another u14(or 15 cant remember corectly)?

• Upvote 1

If being late for a major deployment is such a regular occurrence, why doesn't DE just start working on it earlier, or shift the ETA time back in the first place? "Oh we're always late, I'm sure they will understand."

• Upvote 1

It's only 7 on the west side of Canada! Digital Extremes, I grant you this boon of +4 Str +4 Stam, Keep squashin' dem bugs guys!

I know, being in Canada is amazing. While people are panicking and going crazy because it's 5 PM December 3rd, we're over here December 2nd 3 PM lmfao.

• Upvote 2

Some people get called rude for saying disrespectful thigs to DE for delaying things for they are in the right, if you couldnt do it on time then dont get hypes up. It works for everything, no one realy cares about the christmas gift when you give it to them in february, the could love it all they want but they wont be excited, just underestimate yourselvs and you'll be fine. Not telling you how to do your job(for that one idiot that trys to imply that). It happend with 17 and its happening again, lets hope tommorow morning isnt 11:59 or tommorow in 5 days.

• Upvote 3

No you dont. You give them money so that you dont have to farm it for free. It is possible to play the game out 100% without spending a dime. You pay to speed up the process of leveling everything. Not that Im mad at you since I've spent money as well. But you dont have to lie to yourself or anyone esle to justify your impatience with the content being delayed.

Oh, I didn't know accessories and color palettes were farmable. I think I'll try to farm me a Prime Yamako syandana. Hold on a second, I had to pay money for that!

• Upvote 2

Well it's official I'm never getting hyped for an update ever again I don't appreciate having my time literally wasted but I blame that stupid PC Gamer article about this update for screwing with me though I had a gut feeling that the update would be delayed it better be worth it in the end still if this update dissapoints me I will still play this game.

Update: We are going to work through the rest of night on the final build candidate, then get some sleep, then release the winning build in the morning so we are around (and reasonably rested) to support it however necessary. See you Thursday morning with more information!

Oh boy, a [DE]lay as usual. 

• Upvote 4

I know, being in Canada is amazing. While people are panicking and going crazy because it's 5 PM December 3rd, we're over here December 2nd 3 PM lmfao.

except that you location in the world doesn't matter due to the nature of the internet. when they post an update or whatever, it doesn't matter where you are, you see it posted at the same time as everybody else

I was sooo hyped for U18 to come out today... I had everything ready, my Ash P and Vectis P, to do the new quest! But sadly was delayed :*( Instead its gonna be deployed in the morning of Dec. 3rd, I wont be able to get on because of school. So i have to endure the whole day knowing that i could be enjoying the new update. But all that aside, Thanks DE for all of the hard work you have done to give us this update! ^^

Time doesn't really work that way, countries don't have different time zones....

Thanks for keeping us updated Rebecca!

Hope all the work goes over smoothly and no other issues arise... Good luck! :)

• Upvote 1

It's ok DE, I want Ivara pretty damn bad, but if you're not ready, you're not ready. You work hard and it shows, there's a reason why you were nominated for readers choice, and why you deserve to win :)

• Upvote 1