[DE]Rebecca

State Of Deployment Info Thread: The Second Dream Hath Arrived

Yeah, it must be nice to work in an environment where you can be late with projects and the company will still somehow receive an outpouring of support and encouragement from its clients.

You'd lose contracts in any other industry with this type of behavior.

*ahem* Ever heard of the F-35...?
  • Upvote 1

Time doesn't really work that way, countries don't have different time zones....

mmmm, yes they do, the internet, on the other hand, doesn't have timezones

• Upvote 2

except that you location in the world doesn't matter due to the nature of the internet. when they post an update or whatever, it doesn't matter where you are, you see it posted at the same time as everybody else

I don't believe my post was in any way related to the time of seeing something on the internet. If you're going to reply to me then stay on topic. Now that you brought it up, that just makes it better because we're 3 hours behind DE's timezone so we get things 3 hours earlier.

• Upvote 1

mmmm, yes they do, the internet, on the other hand, doesn't have timezones

Yes but we're not literally in the internet. We have our timezones, we go to sleep at night, we're awake during the day. You're acting like you can be on the internet while sleeping, so stop that.

• Upvote 2

DE when you give update release dates just make it a week instead of a certain day. This way if the day you want to release it doesn't work then you have the rest of the week to release it instead of all the pressure being on all of you when you can't release on a day.

• Upvote 3

At least i know i can give my money to grinding gear games because thy can actually  deliver an update on time.

• Upvote 2

For everyone complaining about an ETA, you do realise ETA = Estimated/expected Time of Arrival, yeah?

Approximations are like that.

• Upvote 4

Oh, I didn't know accessories and color palettes were farmable. I think I'll try to farm me a Prime Yamako syandana. Hold on a second, I had to pay money for that!w

well u can sell prime items for plat to get color palettes and most cosmetics. prime cosmetics are suppose to be special cosmetics for those that support DE by getting Prime Access.

• Upvote 2

I don't believe my post was in any way related to the time of seeing something on the internet. If you're going to reply to me then stay on topic. Now that you brought it up, that just makes it better because we're 3 hours behind DE's timezone so we get things 3 hours earlier.

ah, no, you don't, when they release the update, it's released everywhere, at the same time. that's why, when they release stuff, you don't see people on the east coast playing the new update three hours ahead of people on the west coast

• Upvote 4

It's really sad honestly, seeing so many people not understand what ETA is and just crying/whining while bashing the devs.

• Upvote 4

My favorite part of these is when people sit around all day doing absolutely nothing and then blame DE for wasting their time. You could have been doing literally anything, but you chose to just... sit there. I'd make fun of you, but your lack of free will is genuinely sad.

• Upvote 10

well u can sell prime items for plat to get color palettes and most cosmetics. prime cosmetics are suppose to be special cosmetics for those that support DE by getting Prime Access.

DE doesnt sell Prime Access as a way of supporting them. Sure it supports them in the sense that it gives them large sums of cash, but thats not what those are intended for. You are mistaking them with the Founder's Packs.

• Upvote 1

Honestly though, we're all sitting around our computers waiting. I could be doing better things but I don't want to miss the update. If you needed more time, just say so, so we don't get our hopes up, sitting around our computers like rabid dogs.

How do you "miss" an update?  It isn't like if you aren't there for the exact moment of its being released onto the server you will never ever ever get another chance.  You can log in three weeks from now and guess what? U18! (or probably U19 by then, who knows).

Edited by Xekrin
  • Upvote 2

While I would come to the defense of DE with the fact that this is a Free to Play game and they don't owe anyone anything because no one pay to have access to the game or the update.

They did however set December 2 as the official release date and not a ETA. The time of release at 18:00 EST was the ETA.  I have to admit DE has the bad habit of giving release date and rarely meeting them. They should just give a week or a goal.

team DE are l33t

PS, i care more about having this game be less grindy then i do for expansions right now. the drop tables should never have parts with a 2.5% drop rate in it... trinity prime systems, or worse, stance with a 0.001% drop rate on a specific enemy only ... crimson deverish on bombards. 

Edited by zombi3h3art

DE doesnt sell Prime Access as a way of supporting them. Sure it supports them in the sense that it gives them large sums of cash, but thats not what those are intended for. You are mistaking them with the Founder's Packs.

They do use this to support themselves. Founder's Packs was base money to help create the game and put it on it's leg.  Part (yes obviously not the whole thing) of Prime Access are used to pay the employee and tools (like that new setup for capture motion) to improve the game. So yes, Prime Access are a way of supporting them AS WELL as a way of just making plain profit.

• Upvote 1

I'm so close to doing that lol.

Wouldnt advise it, chances are high that build times for anything new (including the quest) will be 4-12 hrs long. 

As Miyamoto said, A delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is bad forever.

Updates and hotfixes can fix things in a game like this yes, but why push a build you know is S#&$ when you can just work on it a little bit longer and have everything be super shiny and working properly? :3

• Upvote 4

DE Are under no obligation whatsoever to release any updates at all. If you paid money for anything in this game, it was by your choice only. Therefore you also have no right to complain about anything DE does.

Thats not how a business works, even if said business is free to play. No one is free from negative critique. 

• Upvote 8

Missing deadlines is extremely unprofessional

There is no deadline set for this update anyway. Don't be a baby.

Edited by AdunSaveMe
  • Upvote 2