[DE]Rebecca

State Of Deployment Info Thread: The Second Dream Hath Arrived

Um - what?

There are lots of countries that spread multiple timezones - Russia covers 10 hours, so at some times during the year the sun will have set in one part of it before rising in another.

I said that as in each country doesn't have its own individual time zone, if you looked further in the comments you would've noticed, not being hostile here.

I speak on behalf of all those who have recieved a blow to their incredibly valuable and precious guilded time slot created just for Warframe that they even posted on there fridge so they saw it everyday when they woke up.

Make another time slot.

You've never heard the term "time is money" have you?..

I'm not mad that another big update is delayed again for what is it going on 8 major updates now ( I started in update 10 and have yet to see one .0 update launch on time). I am upset that my time is being wasted and my plans ruined. I am off work on Wednesday and Thursday morning central time. So when one of these updates roll around I am super excited I get to enjoy it for around 18 hours before I have to go back to work. Every major update though is delayed and so I can't really play it again until the next week. When I took this job I made sure I was off on Wednesday so I could enjoy the update.

Ontop of this how is it bigger games than this can release on time with no problems. I played Allods for 4 years and updates were almost 10 gbs and released on time with little to no bugs. Neverwinter releases updates on time with again no problems. Warframe has tiny updates that take twice as long to work on and has more bugs than what I'd care to admit.

We were told this update would be on December 2nd. I think we were told this two weeks ago and confirmed on the last devstream. Two weeks should of been more than enough time to prepare a suitable build.

Don't get me wrong though. I love this game and the staff behind it. I just want what is promised around when it is promised so the rest of my week doesn't get crapped on.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Language

see, if they were selling a static, never changing product, I'd be inclined to agree with you, but they're not. they're providing a free-to-play experience for us to download and enjoy. not to mention the fact that the code for U18 has to play nice with every bit of code they have in the game already, which is no small feet in-and-of-itself.

I wouldn't even really call this "professional", not because DE is bad at their job, but because the Devs have a very close, much more casual relation with their playerbase, as was the point from when they started Warframe in the first place.

Out of the kindness of their hearts, right?

Hell no.

You realize FTP doesn't mean free for everyone, right? People pay to play for various reasons and that exchange keeps the company afloat. If DE wants to keep those particular people paying and attract new sources of income, then they need to maintain some minimum standard to their work and do all they can to keep their community happy.

Edited by JuicyPop

OK, so here I sit, watching this thread just grow, and grow, and grow. There was hype, then despair, then anger. I'm honestly giggling at the anger, for honestly, most of it is just a who fest of tears over just having to wait around an extra 24 hours to get into the new content. Here is how I see it:

1) You can complain about having to wait, knowing full well that what DE is doing is making sure that what we get isn't a bug filled update that would only send you into an even bigger fit of rage than the one you are in now. No matter how justified you feel with the reason, you still come across as just another portion of the ungrateful masses that don't understand that what DE is doing what they can to give you the best game they can provide.

2) You can chill, relax, get a full nights sleep, take care of whatever business you have to get done, and come back to a game operating at best peak proficiency they can bring so that you don't have a reason to complain over how bad the update came out.

One big reminder, ITS JUST A GAME! We may all lead busy lives, but a game shouldn't be the one to control it. Take a chill pill and just be patient. If you cant do that, well, you just have my pity.

Finally, a note to everyone at DE. You guys take what time you need to get this done right. I've been hype for whats to come in this update since the previous DevStream, and personally would rather wait for a truly splendid finished product than to have to sit through an update that causes more problems and kills the experience. You have done awesome by my book the entire way through and look forward to more of this wonderful game. Thank you for all your hard work!

lmao, everytime someone says its ok I get pissed but when they say its ok since it wont be bug filled I laugh. ITS BUG FILLED 40% OF THE TIME REGARDLESS OF THOW BG THE UPDATE IS!! There have been tactical alerts that cant give you points, crash your game, even bugs preventing you from updating your game so you can even play until its fixed. I have no idea where you got the idea that any update wouldn't be filled with bugs.

Thanks for this update, miss.

Please, get the required amount of sleep (7-8 hours). Your health is more important than pushing out an "on time" update.

:}

Does anybody think this part will be cannon in u18? (Translated from tenno text [don't have source])

Void Link Severed

Reason foreign carrier detected. Origin unknown. Suspect tracking signal.
Reinitiating dipolar connection on naval carrier.
Bow in standby for sync check and sync.
Motion compensation complete.
Selenic lensing locked.
Somatic control established.
Implantation intact.
EVM status nominal.
War platform awaiting sync.
Initilizing synaptic overlay... Good night, sweet angel.

Are so many of the people complaining in this thread for real? I understand being disappointed, but what's with the vitriol ya'll? Ever heard of delayed gratification? 

Sheesh, the internet age has taken any existing vestige of patience away from a lot of people apparently... also what about any kind of tolerance? Some of you say "most/all major updates have been delayed", well if that's true let's think about a couple things. 

1) You should have seen this coming then, why are you acting surprised? 

2) Is it really a shock that major updates are usually delayed? Do you have any idea how hard it is to squash major programming bugs? Really, why the surprise? 

They are human and they are trying their best, so why dump on them for it? 

So what' if it's a business? What happened to basic appreciation for other people's work. Why it's a business, and a job they do, but when I go to a fast food restaurant or a grocery store, I still thank the person who served me because they are a human being who did work that benefited me and as a fellow human doing their best they deserve my respect. 

d72b67adc55945b261ee7abb403ed092.jpg

That's why I put in all the promo codes but wouldn't hype or wait for this thing to come out. A little prediction can save you a lot of forum hype then drama. Not just referring to the "salty" people. But pretty much anyone involved in drama here. Good or bad :P It just happens every time.

Either way, with great updates, comes great RE-buggability (spider bugs especially).

Keep smashing those bugs DE. Its what we pay you/like you for. (see? thats how you avoid drama on either side :P)

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace Out.

lmao, everytime someone says its ok I get pissed but when they say its ok since it wont be bug filled I laugh. ITS BUG FILLED 40% OF THE TIME REGARDLESS OF THOW BG THE UPDATE IS!! There have been tactical alerts that cant give you points, crash your game, even bugs preventing you from updating your game so you can even play until its fixed. I have no idea where you got the idea that any update wouldn't be filled with bugs.

Would you prefer 40% bugs or 100% bugs? They update now without fully checking everything through, that may be what you get. Like I said, just calm down and relax. If you cant except that, then dont bother replying to my posts. This will be the one exception I make for any replies made to mine.

You've never heard the term "time is money" have you?..

Why are you playing a video game if you go by that logic?...

As for your other comment senselessly bashing me that was rightfully removed, wow. I apparently russled some jimmies with that one.

Edited by EinRyu

Actually, I am sad and dissapointed to hear U18 is delayed till morning..( I want IVARA!!) but honestly im actually fairly happy. We should appreciate this in a way. This is real life and technical issues happen. Yall have seen the devstreams and the way the devs work with the players. they always try to do best for us and make us happy, they dont like the delay either. dissapointed fans dont make them happy. It happens.. Therefore be glad DE is taking the time to find a solution. They didnt just throw the first thing that seemed to work at us. They are taking the time to make sure we the players are happy with the end result, and with all the hype I wouldnt want to be them putting out a bugged update and having to deal with the backlash. Fix it before its a problem :) well thats all from me. Thank yall DE, keep it up and give me Ivara soon please :)

Out of the kindness of their hearts, right?

Hell no.

You realize FTP doesn't mean free for everyone, right? People pay to play for various reasons and that exchange keeps the company afloat. If DE wants to keep those particular people paying and attract new sources of income, then they need to maintain some minimum standard to their work and do all they can to keep their community happy.

do you realize that this is a pet-project for them? with the amount of toxicity in the forums especially, I'd expect any other developer to quit, but DE has somehow managed to keep forging on despite it.

yes, the players are their only income, but those players all pay by choice, especially now that the trading system has made it so that platinum can circulate into a non-paying players hands, and, as far as I've seen, the community has two overarching rules when it comes to major updates; they're on time as soon as possible, and the devs don't kill themselves working in the process. 

Why are you playing a video game if you go by that logic?...

As for your other comment senselessly bashing me that was rightfully removed, wow. I apparently russled some jimmies with that one.

Apparently people can't value their time if they aren't using every second in a directly productive manner.

Neat.

Edited by JuicyPop

I will hold mah plat and wait here for the drop. I'm good at that XD

waiting_by_e_mendoza-d5ebhcn.jpg

Waiting for that big train to roll on in :D

Edited by Yuri_Treychenko

I will hold mah plat and wait here for the drop. I'm good at that XD

waiting_by_e_mendoza-d5ebhcn.jpg

Waiting for that big train to roll on in :D

Yuss, train incoming today! 

Actually would have preferred tonight but yeah, you go to sleep and you probably get u18 when you wake up so.. I guess that's good.

do you realize that this is a pet-project for them? with the amount of toxicity in the forums especially, I'd expect any other developer to quit, but DE has somehow managed to keep forging on despite it.

yes, the players are their only income, but those players all pay by choice, especially now that the trading system has made it so that platinum can circulate into a non-paying players hands, and, as far as I've seen, the community has two overarching rules when it comes to major updates; they're on time as soon as possible, and the devs don't kill themselves working in the process. 

These issues aren't mutually exclusive, though.

It seems like you think that they could keep going without financial support which is rather strange.

Edited by JuicyPop

These issues aren't mutually exclusive, though.

It seems like you think that they could keep going without financial support which is simply strange.

what I'm trying to get across is that this game could've not only crashed and burned a long time ago, back while it was still obscure, but could have been (and could still be, in theory) abandoned. now that the game has gathered as much traction as it has, new players keep coming in and spending money on the game which in turn keeps generating revenue for the developers. In theory, yes, there could be (and probably will be, in the distant future) a time when Warframe stops making money hand-over-fist, but I do not see that time coming any time soon with the rate the game is going.