State Of Deployment Info Thread: The Second Dream Hath Arrived

[DE]Rebecca

Called it.

But in all seriousness, it seems to be a pattern with DE. They announce an update, that update gets a weeks hype, then on the day of supposed release they either are not ready or run into unforeseen issues compiling the build. It would solve much a headache (and future embarrassment) if they would compile everything before announcing a release date. This way everything is already good to go before launch day.

But I'm not a computer programmer, so what do I know?

Called it.

But in all seriousness, it seems to be a pattern with DE. They announce an update, that update gets a weeks hype, then on the day of supposed release they either are not ready or run into unforeseen issues compiling the build. It would solve much a headache (and future embarrassment) if they would compile everything before announcing a release date. This way everything is already good to go before launch day.

But I'm not a computer programmer, so what do I know?

Deadlines are a thing, i know. I have done some programming. (VERY little, but some)

Everyone wants what they want and they want it on time. I have no problem with that. I do too.

My question to all the people screaming about DE lying to them: Do you REALLY think Steve, Sheldon and Scott DIDN'T want to put it out yesterday?

They DID put out an update a day early once. People got upset about it being early.

Welcome to the Internet.

Many people forget or never KNEW that DE NEARLY went out of business.

Warframe saved DE as a company. They didn't have a choice but make it F2P since none of the big publishers wanted anything to do with it (IN YOUR FACE EA, UBISOFT, BLIZZARD!).

I HIGHLY doubt that ANY of them had a clue where Warframe would take them.

To this day, they are not a big company. Larger than in 2012, yes. Better funded? A bit. But MOST of their funding comes from US, the players.

Unlike companies like Ubisoft who lie to their players as a matter of course and ignore complaints in the need to make more and more money, DE relies on player funding. They are GOING to treat their players better than some crap-tastic community trash dispenser of a big game publisher would ever dream of.

They are not perfect. They make mistakes. Some of those mistakes are BIG ones. I do not agree with everything that is being done with the game. I won't.

But as far as I am concerned, until DE starts treating me differently, I won't treat them the same as I treat other game companies who have earned my ire with lies, half truths and false advertising (*cough* UBISOFT *Cough*) . DE hasn't done any of that. People SAY they have, but in most of those cases? It is either assumptions that were never official or lack of reading comprehension.

DE is so much better at taking care fo their playerbase than EA, WB or Ubisoft that they might as well not be on the same planet. That is not me being a white knight. That is fact.

And yes, I am waiting impatiently for them to wake up too.

My Banshee is ready to start dreaming!

Chuold of not said it any better then I did on my own comment, well done bother.

I've had terrible experiences with bad compneys EA & PW, so I kown how you feel, while I have't got any grief from Ubsioft or WB yet. so can't say much on that.

As far I'm concerned too, is what I feel from you as well, same feeling however, DE have done some slip-ups and such, big ones too, and IIRC, they have done a few bumps of lies, but they where very minor, like so little. Yes same here, I'm waiting quite Impatiently for them to get the U18 out already, as I really want to play it and I don't want to wait a another hole, day without playing it (like I did today).

But, they want it out this morning, so it can come any time between now and 1-2pm (England time)

now obviously there will be mad people because you set a fixed date and failed to meet it.

For future updates, simply set the date a day later, or even two days. If you announce it early enough noone's gonna be mad about a thursday or a friday update. SAYING it's gonna be on the 2nd and then "failing" (in BIG air marks) to meet that "goal" obviously gets people mad.

Take your time. Quality always goes first

Deadlines are a thing, i know. I have done some programming. (VERY little, but some)

Everyone wants what they want and they want it on time. I have no problem with that. I do too.

My question to all the people screaming about DE lying to them: Do you REALLY think Steve, Sheldon and Scott DIDN'T want to put it out yesterday?

They DID put out an update a day early once. People got upset about it being early.

Welcome to the Internet.

That is true, deadlines are a thing, and by jsut pure fact, a Deadline is a DEADLINE ( Deadline Def: the latest time or date by which something >SHOULD< be completed)

However, alot of people, even myself at times, forget that we're only human, and yes I have thought about, what DE must be going thought, where they see such on their topics, I'm honestly unsure how they feel, Tho I don't remaber a Update being let out early.

However, the other person has a point, if the didn't want it not to be out, then they smipley,should of not put up a deadline, with all due respect, and what players do not respect is that, they are expected to follow the deadline, but as I said, we're all human.

No disrespect, but we seem to have forgotten that DE is a small fry compared to traditional Game makers.

I'm usually the guy with more complaints, but guys, they don't have the resources and manpower to patch up every issue on time, because, again, they're not some big conglomerate. I mean, look at SuperGiant games, they deliver. Look at Facepunch, they deliver. Look at CDPR and the masterpiece that was Witcher 1-3, they really deliver. Wait, what was my point again?

judging by the tone of rebecca-expect U18 to be thursday instead of today*(wednesday)

Well, it is Thursday here. Rebecca said Thursday morning(using their timezone of course), which I would assume is something like 9-10 AM Thursday. Which, in my time, would be evening.

Welcome to the Internet.

THIS !

i think the phrase is "children of entitlement "  

Well, it is Thursday here. Rebecca said Thursday morning(using their timezone of course), which I would assume is something like 9-10 AM Thursday. Which, in my time, would be evening.

Yeah, if you are in Eurpore then yes, it should come out any time between now and 1-2pm evening

Archived