State Of Deployment Info Thread: The Second Dream Hath Arrived

could someone explain this to me? xD does this mean on the brink of deploying?

Simply means they are currently on track for release tonight, but they need to knock out a few more bugs (how long those will take might make it push to tomorrow for release), they'll have more information on a build that can be launched later in the night

Simply means they are currently on track for release tonight, but they need to knock out a few more bugs (how long those will take might make it push to tomorrow for release), they'll have more information on a build that can be launched later in the night

so tomorrow?

No sleep for me today.

that's a nice gesture and all but don't bother, the last several times this happened the update didn't land that day, i doubt this will be an exception.

go to sleep, wake up tomorrow well rested, wait for the update to launch later that day. save yourself the extra hours of waiting. 

Under Promise, Over Deliver.

The age old wisdom of business. People will be happier if you tell them it will be deployed on Dec 8th and you deploy it on the 5th than if you tell them Dec 2nd and deploy it on the 5th. Same deployment day, radically different feelings about it.

So DE, pad your deployment time, tell us the 8th, and when it is ready on the 5th do it then (or wait 3 days and do on the 8th anyway so people who cleared their day to play WF aren't burned). We won't know the difference, you will look good. If you sit on an update that is "ready" for 3 days who cares?

^ agreed

it honestly gives the impression of empty promises and all talk

Not only that. It gives the impression of poor studio management, a miss manged development chain and poor communication between the Devs and the PR team. How much platinum do I need to buy before they hire at least 1 QA tester?