Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

VOIP issue.

CakeBandit

I'm having an issue with the in-game VOIP.

Mic-Test is giving me no results and nobody seemed responsive to my pressing C and asking about the VOIP while in-game today.

I'm assuming that means it's not working for me. I think the cause is that it's not recognizing my Logitech G330 USB headset as the default audio device.

I have it set as default in windows and haven't had problems outside of this game. I think the issue is that it's defaulting to Stereo Mix or something that isn't the appropriate device. In the future it would be nice to be able to set audio input/output device specifically.

Sorry about that, will try to get one of these to test with...

I wouldn't worry about getting the specific device. It seems 3 or 4 people have had the same issue judging by what my forum search turned up. Another guy had some other logitech whoosiewhatsit. How does Warframe decide what the audio input is? I know in Dungeons and Dragons Online and Planetside 2 I was able to set the audio device myself and that worked fine.

Though with some other software and mucking around this also lets me hook up the audio input to my Music player's Output so I can blast motivational battle jams to my squad.

Have you tried setting the Mic cutoff to 0?

I have a sennheiser that I've used for the last 5 years, and it wasn't working for me either (USB mic).

Then I set the Mic cutoff to 0 and I could actually hear myself :)

I just did and no dice. I've got it humming in the background while I recruit my Skype buddies.

Another thing I wanted to add.

It seems the Microphone test ONLY works for me when I open up the options when I'm actually looking at a planet.

On the begin screen (the milky way overview) it does not work. But I clicked on Jupiter, then opened the options. Turned Mic cutoff to 0, and it works then.

This wasn't clear in my first post, but just might help you :)

[edit] I also run Warframe as administrator, cause sometimes my windows 7 can't handle 2 or even 3 programs fighting over the exclusive use of the microphone hehe

[edit2] flagrant spelling mistakes, sigh

Edited by Kalara

I tried looking at mercury and popping the menu open but no luck. The mic is functioning in the recording devices panel for windows, and I doublechecked that it's set as default. I also restarted the WarFrame client as well.

*spelling

Edited by CakeBandit

Doublepost-bumping with an update.

I accessed the mic test after a mission ended, but it didn't end the actual gameplay. in that the cutscene played, but I could still fire while looking at the black screen.

(probably a bug)

The mic test worked there though.

Another thing I wanted to add.

It seems the Microphone test ONLY works for me when I open up the options when I'm actually looking at a planet.

On the begin screen (the milky way overview) it does not work. But I clicked on Jupiter, then opened the options. Turned Mic cutoff to 0, and it works then.

Thanks for the help man! This worked for me too. I use a 360 wireless controller with the wired xbox headset.

Thanks for the help man! This worked for me too. I use a 360 wireless controller with the wired xbox headset.

I can also confirm this. Mic test only works for me when I'm in the planet view.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for "necroing" this thread but I wanted to state I am having the exact same issue : the "test mic" setting does not work unless I am in "planet view" mode. It doesn't work in-game either. But yeah, once in the "planet view", the test is fine and I can hear myself. Using the mic works perfectly well in Windows or any other games.

Any idea if/when this will be fixed ? My sound card is an Asus Xonar DX and my headset is a Sennheiser PC 360.