Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Missions [U18 Megathread]

[DE]Danielle

the best idea you are gonna hear about sortie? ill share it with you right now. Remove spy from the missions list.

Spy's the most not-ridiculous mission mode in Sorties. Remove it and get ready to see Mobile Defense missions actually MOBILE, Survival missions that spawn only nullifiers, Excavations that has a 0.1% chance of spawning Power Carriers. :)

Spy's the most not-ridiculous mission mode in Sorties. Remove it and get ready to see Mobile Defense missions actually MOBILE, Survival missions that spawn only nullifiers, Excavations that has a 0.1% chance of spawning Power Carriers. :)

It hasn't been that extreme, but the sortie difficulty really does put pressure on the survivals without certain murder spree enabling frame powers.  The excavations go fine and usually it's more a matter of keeping the excavator from getting one shot then a matter of filling up the power.

Still in regards to the spy, spy missions are fine.  They have always been fine.  The extra spy rooms are pretty impressive at times.  But when it comes to sortie difficulty, it isn't changed, for people that can do the hacks.  For people that can't do the hacks, well they might as well give up.  Spy should not be removed and it certainly puts a stop on people that only use ciphers, but it really is supposed to be tougher gameplay.  You aren't just supposed to murder everything, there is more to warframe then just murdering everything...

I still don't really fancy the idea of "(insert weapon type here) only" limitations. I personally like to use bows, pistols and melee. The AR restriction is not really a deal because I got my karak ready and its only issue is ammo, which I have some large ammo restores to compensate. But the sniper restriction... I was a fan of snipers until I tried out the Vulkar, which is very difficult to use due to the reload time and aiming mechanisms. Then it came to me that the Latron, the Snipetron and the Vectis all share the same characteristics, and their general inability to deal high burst damage because it is really hard to aim (though I agree aiming is part of the game, these snipers took it too far) with multiple moving enemies, and more importantly, the horribly long reload time (which I know it is what snipers are notorious for, but still) and they never guarantee to score me a kill per shot for some reason. Sure, with the sniper rework hype I MIGHT try using them again, but I really gotta say that snipers are not exactly what I would take to a normal mission, given that I have loads of targets to take down, and sniping spots are rare because DE implemented the ceiling reset thing. We don't see melee weapons being classified into multiple categories because it will be a really absurd addition to limit players to use, like say, machetes, so I don't really see why should DE be justified for limiting primary and secondary weapons. Still opinions are opinions.

It hasn't been that extreme, but the sortie difficulty really does put pressure on the survivals without certain murder spree enabling frame powers.  The excavations go fine and usually it's more a matter of keeping the excavator from getting one shot then a matter of filling up the power.

Still in regards to the spy, spy missions are fine.  They have always been fine.  The extra spy rooms are pretty impressive at times.  But when it comes to sortie difficulty, it isn't changed, for people that can do the hacks.  For people that can't do the hacks, well they might as well give up.  Spy should not be removed and it certainly puts a stop on people that only use ciphers, but it really is supposed to be tougher gameplay.  You aren't just supposed to murder everything, there is more to warframe then just murdering everything...

Grineer map's laser-on-the-console aka get-2-spokes-per-sec-or-you-die spy room anyone? XD

Saw today's sortie 3 and didn't even try it! I'm curious how My fellow Xboxers did sortie 3 - survival with SNIPER only? No way any sniper rifle could kill enough enemies to keep getting life support and is there enough energy to use abilities that can kill level 80-100 enemies constantly and fast enough? Best reward since these started was one orokin reactor (except the first of each dera vandal drop)

Err you can actually disable the laser on the console beneath the room... Just saying

Uh I meant the one that has two lasers pointed at the console, which moves towards and away from it. You're talking bout that one?

Saw today's sortie 3 and didn't even try it! I'm curious how My fellow Xboxers did sortie 3 - survival with SNIPER only? No way any sniper rifle could kill enough enemies to keep getting life support and is there enough energy to use abilities that can kill level 80-100 enemies constantly and fast enough? Best reward since these started was one orokin reactor (except the first of each dera vandal drop)

An Ash did all the work for my squad. But of course there was a Trin to keep most of us alive. Even so we still couldn't kill fast enough. We kept dying too quickly that the last player standing had to hide behind boxes XD

Moving defence objectives violates a mission to be called 'defence'. Let alone 'mobile defence'. REMOVE the moving objective. It is ABSURD how the darn NPC just does what he wants. First second he's just chillin and shooting stuff, next second he's teleported to God knows where and God knows HOW he got there, then settles down and does nothing for the remaining 10 waves or so in one single position. Remove it, remove it, REMOVE IT! It's ridiculous! It's not even a defence mission any more!

So what is the problem , well  today we had a pistol only stage, no problem there started the game with a friend, party was left on pug, and after it started loading  other players started joining, but said players didn't bother to read  and tried to join with full equipment, and thus breaking the session for everybody else. 

The hosts gets the message that someone doesn't meet the requirements   and everyone is booted  back to the liset. This happened 6 times in a row. Got so frustrating that we closed the party to invite only.

So  my question is  why are players allowed to hit the find button if they don't meet the requirement. 

So what is the problem , well  today we had a pistol only stage, no problem there started the game with a friend, party was left on pug, and after it started loading  other players started joining, but said players didn't bother to read  and tried to join with full equipment, and thus breaking the session for everybody else. 

The hosts gets the message that someone doesn't meet the requirements   and everyone is booted  back to the liset. This happened 6 times in a row. Got so frustrating that we closed the party to invite only.

So  my question is  why are players allowed to hit the find button if they don't meet the requirement. 

This is one thing I find funny. I could accept the mission with inappropriate equipment, THEN get kicked back to an error message when the timer gets to zero. Was this changed after a recent hotfix or something? I don't remember it working like this before.

• 2 weeks later...

The recent reward changes sort of help, but there is still a better choice.  I don't need just one lens of each type per season.  I don't need fusion cores.  There was a proposed change where we could check off a few items that we don't want to see.  Each season should start us with a couple points to block drops, and then each reward that can be blocked would put a point there that we could remove and use on another item if we really wanted to.

It may add a lot to the interface and might give people a way to lock out a lot of the rewards but it would be best for players.  There would still be issues with it giving a reward that someone has clicked off because there is no way to value the rewards reasonably for everyone.  I am one of the people that would prefer removing fusion cores from the list.  I would block them as soon as possible.  I have too many and I don't feel the need for any more.  So if I could block them, then what would I get next.

This reward system is kind of too far on the delay side for several items, and has too much clutter on it to satisfy most people with their chances to get something.  It trends towards duplicates way too often, and while we can't duplicate a bunch of the rewards now, we still just end up with duplicate core rewards now.  It still isn't rewarding ,especially for people that don't want more fusion cores.

I dont care what we have to do, how hard the mission is, nor with what exactly am i supposed to do it with.

All the more satisfaction afterwards of beating it. But for the love of god REWARD us at least at the end of these hard/lenghty missions!

Not acceptable that we got, in our clan because we were running sorties together, 3 Nezha Systems. 

same reward, 3x times in a row, to 4 people. 

Sortie Seasons are a gimmick if i can get the same thing twice.

15 days per season, make it like 20 or 25 rewards but once i get one, i cant get it anymore this season.

If i didnt get a reward from this season, it might reapear in the next season.

I dont care what we have to do, how hard the mission is, nor with what exactly am i supposed to do it with.

All the more satisfaction afterwards of beating it. But for the love of god REWARD us at least at the end of these hard/lenghty missions!

Not acceptable that we got, in our clan because we were running sorties together, 3 Nezha Systems. 

same reward, 3x times in a row, to 4 people. 

Sortie Seasons are a gimmick if i can get the same thing twice.

15 days per season, make it like 20 or 25 rewards but once i get one, i cant get it anymore this season.

If i didnt get a reward from this season, it might reapear in the next season.

That is what they did already.  If you look at the sortie reward list and see the boxes next to some rewards, once you get the reward, the box gets checked.  If you were to get that reward again, it gives you 25 or 50 cores instead.  Nice for some, but not great for others, especially since I want some of those non-repeatable rewards and don't want any cores.  It does prevent duplicates of most rewards that are very low value if you get them twice, but some of the non-repeatable are needed multiple times.

The choices on the list are set based on one view of the rewards and there is a way that might let more people make their choices about the rewards they want.  Currently the only choice is do I want to bother with the mission or just ignore it and spend platinum.

This is getting worse and WORSE each time I do these things! And I'm referring to just the end rewards! (the mission themselves I reserve for another time) but I HAVE that new sortie frame (got it first 3 sorties I did upon its release) I don't want its parts anymore now that I have it! Once someone has that, the parts should be re-rolled until you do NOT get them! Someone wants it, BUY IT or DO SORTIES!

Karak I have from the event... Dera I have now, done with it... and I actually have TWO Strun Wraiths! From the original event that gave it, and from whatever DE freebe thing, granting me a second one... AGAIN... perfect reason to make players DO SORTIES if you're so proud of them! I am now sitting on 20+ USELESS... that's 2/3 of a MONTH worth WASTED and COUNTING! These last two, I got nothing AT ALL...

FIX THIS already before you lose MORE players!

One alternative option, make parts sellable for (new currency) in which players can BUY WHAT THEY WANT!

And whoever's bright idea it was to put a greater lens print (a 100k CREDIT value when you buy it in the MARKET) should be FIRED!!!!

And whoever's bright idea it was to put a greater lens print (a 100k CREDIT value when you buy it in the MARKET) should be FIRED!!!!

I think you mean the one who thought up the normal lens instead XD

EDIT: I've completely given up on Sorties by now. There's just no oomph at all on the drops.

Edited by LeeAmatsu

The RNG is real, I always get duplicates.

Sortie is repeating the same mistake the daily reward did.

And Token crafting is not going to help. Sorry DE, but you're not doing a great job here.

And please no daily reward system here because the trading channel is going to take a major blow.

how can daily reward system give a major blow to trading channel?? in any way? care to elaborate?

while I agree the checkboxes helps, but it still have a major problem (and since it's RNG). So here's my idea to solve it all the "unsatisfying rewards" we've been getting.

maybe a wild idea.. But why don't we fight the boss that actually represents the set of sortie that took place? example: defeat Kela de thaym forces. Why don't we fight her at the end? making it a final boss 4-man raid kind of thing, with short map and modified battle. and give unique loot in form of a weapon parts, and we'd need to craft the parts to craft the weapon. It helps with the gruesome RNG that it should be placed separately from the sortie rewards while keeping it unique and a worthwhile to get?

I have a minor issue with the current state of sorties. My biggest problem is allowing MR4 players to partake in them. I understand these players may be quite skilled, but at that low a level they simply do not have access to some of the better equipment that may be necessary to take down level 100 grineer eximuses. Also the conditions make it difficult for newer players to really contribute due to lack of frames or properly leveled mods. Perhaps jumping the MR to 10, squads could be better suited to take on these missions, but add some nightmare conditions so that they aren't a cake walk. Reduced energy and no shields....sounds like fun right?

I also had another idea to, at the end of the third sortie mission, have the boss whose forces we have been fighting air drop in with 2-4 guards as a last ditch effort to kill us. They should be super high level and scale with the number of players present. I think it would add the extra excitement to know you'll be taking on a level 600 sargus ruk after you get finished with the last wave of the defense.

Edited by (XB1)ThatsFine9

maybe a wild idea.. But why don't we fight the boss that actually represents the set of sortie that took place? example: defeat Kela de thaym forces. Why don't we fight her at the end? making it a final boss 4-man raid kind of thing, with short map and modified battle. and give unique loot in form of a weapon parts, and we'd need to craft the parts to craft the weapon. It helps with the gruesome RNG that it should be placed separately from the sortie rewards while keeping it unique and a worthwhile to get?

This needs to be implemented now. It'll make Sorties more fun o.o

You're basically begging for death. lvl 600 Sargas Ruk? Acceptable, but lvl 600 Regor with his lvl 600 manics? No thanks. Everyone would be dying left and right with a single claw in the face. This is not "fun", this is mission impossible. Leave these to DE's simulacrum updates.

I know we all wanted a change in sortie rewards but... it's even worse now, this is ridiculous. It's basically cores, cores and more cores every time - and there's nothing good about it since we have better places to farm for cores, and expect real rewards from sortie even if it's some karak parts. Something has to be done, I think only nezha parts should be a reward you can get once per season because it's permanently here anyway.

the best idea you are gonna hear about sortie? ill share it with you right now. Remove spy from the missions list.

You gotta be kidding. Spy is the only somehwat intelligent mission type that requires not just beat something to death but actually work and think for once. But with that, it's one of the easiest and fastest of all types of missions. I don't get why so many people are butthurt with spies overall. It's also almost the only type of a mission that can and better be done solo in sortie, without any headache. And you're asking to get rid of it? Hell no. Wanna remove something - remove weapon conditions, especially pistols and sniper ones. People in general hate sniper rifles and for a good reason, and we're forced to play with them on the highest levels, really? Not to mention many don't bother to install catalysts on them even, this is the worst.

Grineer map's laser-on-the-console aka get-2-spokes-per-sec-or-you-die spy room anyone? XD

Do you even explore the maps? Those lasers are easily deactivated by two other consoles. It takes seconds to do so. 

Edited by Nomen_Nescio