Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Missions [U18 Megathread]

[DE]Danielle

You gotta be kidding. Spy is the only somehwat intelligent mission type that requires not just beat something to death but actually work and think for once. 

You gotta let some Tennos alone buddy. There's some mishap that causes some Tennos to have their brains just go 'poof' when they run into a spy vault. Jokes aside, the older players didn't even get a tutorial on the mission mode. New Types who joined us only a few months back had a tutorial on that, and from what I heard it was the MOST basic, understandable tutorial ever. Can't blame the Old Type Tennos man.

In fact, I kind of want those cores...... gotta max them all

The more cores you get, the less useful stuff you get that you can only get once or twice. I know karak is meh, and so are strun and dera, but it's a weapon for free. Cores are easily farmed in Triton or Hieracon. Not a single reason to replace sortie rewards with it. And since technically, sortie was meant to be an end-game missions, players that reached that level don't really need 25 fusion cores as a reward. Like wth, I already have 2000, I don't want to have it as a reward 4 times in a row and I don't want to buy strun's parts because of it.

You gotta let some Tennos alone buddy. There's some mishap that causes some Tennos to have their brains just go 'poof' when they run into a spy vault. Jokes aside, the older players didn't even get a tutorial on the mission mode. New Types who joined us only a few months back had a tutorial on that, and from what I heard it was the MOST basic, understandable tutorial ever. Can't blame the Old Type Tennos man.

I will never get their problem. How hard it is to just find a way to bypass a trap? And for the love of, we have a limited number of different rooms/vault types. You've done it properly once or twice - you'll know them for the rest of your life. And now that Intruder slows down grineer consoles it's even easier to do.

I just wanted to know now that we have a checklist of items that we wont get duplicates of does this essentially mean that if anyone that has got the item you want is in your team for the final sortie mission it would be impossible for you to get that item?

What I mean is this:-

Player A

Player B

Player C

Player D

Everyone here wants Strun BP except player D who has Strun BP and wants Pyra Syandana. If player D is in the squad for the last sortie would he prevent the whole team getting the Strun BP and force the team to get Fusion cores instead (if one or more in the team had the syandana already)?

Changes:

• Hacking terminals in Sortie Spy Missions will no longer trigger alarms when failed, giving only the damaging shock to the player.

This needs to be reverted. Where's the fun?

Did they really do this? what's the point of that, just let them use the cypher now that you're at it. 

And here I am, wishing there was some kind of Infested Spy missions because i remember every single inch of every single spy room of both factions, and i wish they were more challenging.

And then there's Limbo that totally makes them a joke.

EDIT: Oh and what's the point of having an Hijack missions against infested, WITH RADIATION HAZARD. Really? i just kept walking freely for the entire missions, without blasting a single shot or getting attacked once D:

Edited by TrolledWolf

I just wanted to know now that we have a checklist of items that we wont get duplicates of does this essentially mean that if anyone that has got the item you want is in your team for the final sortie mission it would be impossible for you to get that item?

What I mean is this:-

Player A

Player B

Player C

Player D

Everyone here wants Strun BP except player D who has Strun BP and wants Pyra Syandana. If player D is in the squad for the last sortie would he prevent the whole team getting the Strun BP and force the team to get Fusion cores instead (if one or more in the team had the syandana already)?

The patch that applied the feature said, if the reward would be a duplicate of something you have, then you just get a fusion core pack.

So in your example, if the strun bp comes up, then three players get it, and the player that has already gotten it will get 25 fusion cores.

Having 4 Lvl 80 Venomous Ancients barring the Spy consoles ain't cool devs. It's freakin BROKEN.

If you've noticed, this time's sorties is "snipers only" for the spy mission. Oh wait, didn't we get the VULKAR W weeks before? USE THAT THING! USE IT TO KILL STUFF!

p.s. Reward system broken. I've received cores over and over and over again. Daily. The RNG is way too strong.

Well at least I get to level up my Link Armor on my buddy kubrow.

Edited by Guest

If you've noticed, this time's sorties is "snipers only" for the spy mission. Oh wait, didn't we get the VULKAR W weeks before? USE THAT THING! USE IT TO KILL STUFF!

That thing doesn't do damage to Lvl 80 Ancients buddy.

Edited by LeeAmatsu

Ok, i really need to raise this somewhere as its frustrating. I just finished today's sortie... worked my ! off to get it done, thanks to my teammates and me we did it, i may have carpal tunnel syndrom after it, but basically i got NOTHING. 25 fusion cores, that's it! Heck isn;'t that almost standard, or isn't it usually 25 cores and then either an additional 25 cores or something else?!

I wish i could link my picture on here but not sure how. It was rediculous. 

... Ok i checked, 25 cores is a possible, its just sad, that so little is given for such an effort... anyways, sorry just wanted to vent, frustrated. 

Ok, i really need to raise this somewhere as its frustrating. I just finished today's sortie... worked my ! off to get it done, thanks to my teammates and me we did it, i may have carpal tunnel syndrom after it, but basically i got NOTHING. 25 fusion cores, that's it! Heck isn;'t that almost standard, or isn't it usually 25 cores and then either an additional 25 cores or something else?!

I wish i could link my picture on here but not sure how. It was rediculous. 

... Ok i checked, 25 cores is a possible, its just sad, that so little is given for such an effort... anyways, sorry just wanted to vent, frustrated. 

It's aight buddy. I got a lens -.-

That thing doesn't do damage to Lvl 80 Ancients buddy.

Use the scope zoom in and the augments and mod it for status. I can mow one down with 3 shots.

DE, I need to tell you that there is no reason for you to have gone back to having 25 cores as a possible sortie reward. It sucked before. It's not any better now. Having them guaranteed felt good, and it made doing the sorties seem worthwhile even if I didn't get what I wanted from the other drops. If you don't like that, then please don't go back to having them as a possible reward, just take them out of the drop table. Nothing is a bigger slap in the face than getting 25 cores instead of anything else. 

So, with season 4, I'm getting 25 cores almost every time and no lenses because lenses are not a repeat reward... why?  How is a person ever supposed to make use of the greater lens blueprint if you can only get one lens of one type every season? 

How about if it is a repeat reward, if we can choose to get the extra item or 25 cores maybe?  I feel like I shouldn't use a weapon unless I can put a lens on it first, and right now there is no way for me to get any more lenses unless I buy them or until the next season begins.