Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Missions [U18 Megathread]

[DE]Danielle

Another sortie sequence complete, another day in trade chat explaining that the Karak wraith part I got is just as valuable as a Naramon lens.

Sorry, but this miserable reward structure is tied with "defense sortie being pointless" for just how annoying sortie missions are turning out.

Right so, we moved Defense down from 20 to 15 waves, which was good. 20 was too long and boring.
Can we do the same with Survival duration? 20 minutes down to 15. I'd only ever go to rotation C if there was a prime part...

Much long, such time.

Adieu.

Right so, we moved Defense down from 20 to 15 waves, which was good. 20 was too long and boring.

Can we do the same with Survival duration? 20 minutes down to 15. I'd only ever go to rotation C if there was a prime part...

Much long, such time.

Adieu.

The issue with defense going from 1 to 20 being a problem was that the enemies barely change in the first 20 levels so there is basically no challenge and far too long to be doing defense.  Survival on the other hand has you dealing with the air supply and keeps you on your toes.  It probably shouldn't be shortened, even if people don't really care about doing 20 minutes.

As it was people were asking for defense to be shorter, or to ramp up enemies a bit faster because they just weren't a challenge.  If you could do wave 1 through 5, then wave 20 was not a problem, and yet it took forever to do.

I've played every Sortie since their introduction. Guess it's time for some feedback. For context, I've never run a Sortie solo or with a full group; I only run these as a pair.

- Please, please let us use Ciphers again, even if you have to nerf their effectiveness for the sake of appropriate difficulty. I propose either one of the following effects for Sorties only: 1) A much lower cap of how many Ciphers can be carried, say three or so. 2) A delay before the Cipher does its job, of about five seconds, requiring a player to either set up some kind of defense/distraction or to be protected by a buddy.

- Dupe rewards being pushed on us when there's already more rewards in the pool than there is days in the season is not cool. However, people who like making sales in Trading should still have the option of doing so. To that end, how about a system that gives people a choice but still has the element of randomness to it (I know how DE loves their RNG)? At the end of the set of Sorties, each player is shown three random rewards, one each from three different reward pools: Weapon Parts, Lenses, and Other. "Other" would include Cores, Potatoes and Exlius Adapters. The player would then get to pick which of the three they want. This would allow players to, at the very least, take something universally useful if they roll a dupe weapon part and/or a Lens type that they don't use. On the topic of rewards: I don't know if Greater Lens blueprints are still in the reward table, but they have to go. Getting "rewarded" with something that can be bought with credits in the Market is a slap in the face.

- I'm sure this has been said many times in many threads, but I'll say it here: fighting enemies that the game isn't balanced for isn't fun. Over these last few days, I've had more fun with the Tactical Alerts than the Sorties, because the former uses Conclave Score limits to challenge the player rather than huge enemy stats. I have a lot more viable options that I can run with on those. With the latter, I'm basically stuck bringing "meta" Frames/weapons. This isn't something I'm used to doing, since I don't play Raids (four person minimum requirement gets an erect middle finger from me), and I only need to go to 20 waves/minutes in Defense/Survival for the good rewards. I may get a lot of hate for saying this, but I'd prefer a Conclave Score limit (even if DE needs to give individual mods' Conclave Scores a balance pass), alongside the other modifiers associated with Sorties but with enemies no higher than level 40. When/if the whole damage scaling and enemy stat scaling thing gets looked at by DE, my opinion on this may change. It's just that if I'm going to play Warframe every day, I'd much prefer to be able to use more flavors of gear to keep things fresh.

I've played every Sortie since their introduction. Guess it's time for some feedback. For context, I've never run a Sortie solo or with a full group; I only run these as a pair.

- Please, please let us use Ciphers again, even if you have to nerf their effectiveness for the sake of appropriate difficulty. I propose either one of the following effects for Sorties only: 1) A much lower cap of how many Ciphers can be carried, say three or so. 2) A delay before the Cipher does its job, of about five seconds, requiring a player to either set up some kind of defense/distraction or to be protected by a buddy.

- Dupe rewards being pushed on us when there's already more rewards in the pool than there is days in the season is not cool. However, people who like making sales in Trading should still have the option of doing so. To that end, how about a system that gives people a choice but still has the element of randomness to it (I know how DE loves their RNG)? At the end of the set of Sorties, each player is shown three random rewards, one each from three different reward pools: Weapon Parts, Lenses, and Other. "Other" would include Cores, Potatoes and Exlius Adapters. The player would then get to pick which of the three they want. This would allow players to, at the very least, take something universally useful if they roll a dupe weapon part and/or a Lens type that they don't use. On the topic of rewards: I don't know if Greater Lens blueprints are still in the reward table, but they have to go. Getting "rewarded" with something that can be bought with credits in the Market is a slap in the face.

- I'm sure this has been said many times in many threads, but I'll say it here: fighting enemies that the game isn't balanced for isn't fun. Over these last few days, I've had more fun with the Tactical Alerts than the Sorties, because the former uses Conclave Score limits to challenge the player rather than huge enemy stats. I have a lot more viable options that I can run with on those. With the latter, I'm basically stuck bringing "meta" Frames/weapons. This isn't something I'm used to doing, since I don't play Raids (four person minimum requirement gets an erect middle finger from me), and I only need to go to 20 waves/minutes in Defense/Survival for the good rewards. I may get a lot of hate for saying this, but I'd prefer a Conclave Score limit (even if DE needs to give individual mods' Conclave Scores a balance pass), alongside the other modifiers associated with Sorties but with enemies no higher than level 40. When/if the whole damage scaling and enemy stat scaling thing gets looked at by DE, my opinion on this may change. It's just that if I'm going to play Warframe every day, I'd much prefer to be able to use more flavors of gear to keep things fresh.

I like your first two points. I'm good with hacking and never use ciphers, but I don't see why they can't be used. 

The duplicated loot though is a real nightmare. Concidering that you need 4 specific parts from the pool to build a weapon, and you only get 15 shots at a reward, the chances of actually building a weapon are very low, and trade is already a widely dis-liked system and is currently very difficult to trade a low plat value item like a specialty weapon part. If these items could be removed from the table once you got them, at least we would have a reasonable number of sets in the game and could later put them together through trade as necessary. I'll live with the rest of the RNG, but these weapon parts are terrible rewards. 

I too run most of these missions as a simple pair with just myself and my brother (I usually take more for defense or interception). We have designed our frames to together give both good cc and damage and basicly carry missions even when in full teams. 

Even with this similar set up, I can't agree with your idea to limit conclave value. If you want super challenging missions with lower level enemies, there are nightmares and even tactical alerts. Personally, I found all the repeat tactical alerts boring. I've seen those enemy types before, as they weren't new and scary like when the alerts originally came out. They were also easy. It's far too simple to bypass the limit by dropping your secondary and melee and still taking your best gear, just now without the fun of a weapon switch. In fact, by the 2nd mission yesterday, I switched to ember and leveling gear to run it like a draco affinity farm mission.

The idea of sortees is that we could finally use our favorite and BEST gear in a mission that didn't take 40 minutes to become difficult and had unique requirements that forced some build diversity. With a few minor grumbles, the sortees have done exactly that. I'd add some suggestions of my own, like making exterminate and sabotage un-alerted at mission start so stealth is useful, and shortening the length of defense and interceptions, but those are minor complaints and haven't kept me from enjoying the sortees so far. 

I like your first two points. I'm good with hacking and never use ciphers, but I don't see why they can't be used. 

The duplicated loot though is a real nightmare. Concidering that you need 4 specific parts from the pool to build a weapon, and you only get 15 shots at a reward, the chances of actually building a weapon are very low, and trade is already a widely dis-liked system and is currently very difficult to trade a low plat value item like a specialty weapon part. If these items could be removed from the table once you got them, at least we would have a reasonable number of sets in the game and could later put them together through trade as necessary. I'll live with the rest of the RNG, but these weapon parts are terrible rewards. 

I too run most of these missions as a simple pair with just myself and my brother (I usually take more for defense or interception). We have designed our frames to together give both good cc and damage and basicly carry missions even when in full teams. 

Even with this similar set up, I can't agree with your idea to limit conclave value. If you want super challenging missions with lower level enemies, there are nightmares and even tactical alerts. Personally, I found all the repeat tactical alerts boring. I've seen those enemy types before, as they weren't new and scary like when the alerts originally came out. They were also easy. It's far too simple to bypass the limit by dropping your secondary and melee and still taking your best gear, just now without the fun of a weapon switch. In fact, by the 2nd mission yesterday, I switched to ember and leveling gear to run it like a draco affinity farm mission.

The idea of sortees is that we could finally use our favorite and BEST gear in a mission that didn't take 40 minutes to become difficult and had unique requirements that forced some build diversity. With a few minor grumbles, the sortees have done exactly that. I'd add some suggestions of my own, like making exterminate and sabotage un-alerted at mission start so stealth is useful, and shortening the length of defense and interceptions, but those are minor complaints and haven't kept me from enjoying the sortees so far. 

I see your point there about Conclave Score. And I can't say I haven't enjoyed the Sorties on the whole. They've probably been one of the most enjoyable mission types in the game for me, other than Tactical Alerts and Syndicate dailies; beats the hell out of grinding the exact same Void mission over and over and getting Forma blueprints for me to sprinkle salt on.

Getting 3 Karak Wraith Blueprints from 6 sortie runs is really irritating. Can we ask for some kinda system preventing it?

Maybe a possibility to reroll the reward (no chance to get the same thing) or 2 two rewards of different tiers: the first one contains all the weapon parts and the second lenses and P.O.T.A.T.O.es?

Or simply let the sortie missions remember what reward a tenno got that season and block that reward for him/her so we can get other parts and lenses.

I don't know if this has been brought up, but as someone who's Xbox is currently being fixed, I would hate to miss out on a season of rewards because of some unforeseen hardware issue. If the rewards will be cycled back, then it really isn't that big of a problem, but I do agree with many other posts I've seen about getting 6 Karak wraith barrels. With the limited number of rewards that can be gained (15 if I'm understanding the mechanic correctly) there needs to be something in place to prevent duplicate rewards, perhaps until all rewards have been claimed.

My second set of 25 fusion cores from the sorties.  I have to say that I will hold a grudge and be ready to tell any DE that they have not thought ahead at all.  I do know that I do want things fast and that there is a point to slowing it down.  But make sure the rewards are useful to people or of reasonable value.  Everything on the list is better then just fusion cores.  Fusion cores are not end game rewards.

Put something else on there, and at some point, please, make it up to me by removing 50 rare fusion cores from my account and giving me different rewards.  You have been thoughtless and annoyingly neglectful about this reward set.  I hope you don't plan to run another sortie season before deciding what rewards are reasonable.  I really hope you take care of this hassle quickly.

After getting my third Karak Wraith barrel and two sets of 25 fusion cores, I agree with most everyone here that something needs to be done about the rewards list. Removing a reward from the list after you receive it would be an easy fix. Presenting the player with 2 or 3 choices of rewards after mission completion would be really nice too.

As far as the missions go, I enjoy them! I don't really like the fact that rescue missions automatically alert the enemy and force you to save the hostage in a minute, it defeats the purpose of being stealthy at all, the entire point of rescue 2.0. Shortening survival to 15 minutes and scaling up enemy ferocity to compensate would be nice, too.

25 rare "3" Fusion cores? Can some explain why they are rare 3 and not rare 5? and why I keep getting them so much? I've completed 13 sorties so far and out of those 10 in a row have been the 25 rare 3 fusion cores 10 times in a row doesn't feel very random in the rewards. I wouldn't mind if they were rare 5 I could use the rare 5 for trades with friends or even use them for mods but rare 3 just sits on the back burner with the other fusion mods for really big fusions. Can the 25 rare 3 be rare 5 PLEASE, please, please...

25 rare "3" Fusion cores? Can some explain why they are rare 3 and not rare 5? and why I keep getting them so much? I've completed 13 sorties so far and out of those 10 in a row have been the 25 rare 3 fusion cores 10 times in a row doesn't feel very random in the rewards. I wouldn't mind if they were rare 5 I could use the rare 5 for trades with friends or even use them for mods but rare 3 just sits on the back burner with the other fusion mods for really big fusions. Can the 25 rare 3 be rare 5 PLEASE, please, please...

There are several other threads, and of course several mentions in this post.  The r3 that you saw was badly displayed because you get rare five cores.  Not rare three cores.  It was just a display glitch they have not cleaned up.  They are rare 5.  They still suck.

stop diluting reward tables!
just keep lenses and cores there
release weapons in other eventss
release warframes in underplayed game modes *coughhijackcough*

edit

I will be a happy man if Nezha is an additional drop instead of a reward from the sorties reward pool

Edited by akira_him

For the kind of skill, gear and time input the sortie missions demand the rewards must be reworked.

You can't possibly believe it's fair to receive 5 platinum worth of a reward (a crappy lens that I can't even use myself) after an hour of high-level missions with punishing modifiers (Elemental resistance at levels 90+? Sure, why not, it's not like physical damage in general is underpowered as fWAIT). Please, do rethink the reward system.

I'd suggest instead of just giving a random reward at the end how about asking the players to pick 1 out of 3 randomly drafted rewards? I feel like a bit of control over getting a desirable reward or simply avoiding getting a worthless duplicate is deserved at this point.

Or just add lesser rewards to missions 1 and 2. A separate drop table with smaller quantities of consumables and lower value of non-consumables. That would at least make them worth our while a tiny bit more.

Or modify enemy drops during Sortie missions. Nitain as a rare resource drop, landing craft components as rare Eximus drops? Higher chance of reinforced container spawns?

Anything would be better than what we have now.

two defense sorties in a row? not effing cool...........waste of my freaking time and life

skipping the one today because i just spent the last 2 hours failing it over and over because either i disconnect, or vital team members disconnect for whatever reason <- i do realize this is not a mission issue, but it plays a part in the grand scheme of things.  it is the time that is wasted and the fact that we become extremely dependent on particular frames in order to survive a sortie

i am sure there is a very, very small handful of players who are able to run the mission without a frost (which does not include loki + vauban groups)....but when my frost disconnects....or i happen to be the frost a disconnect.....we just wasted a good 30mins - an hour trying to finish one stupid mission.....

what do you say? members can reconnect? yeah....and by the time they reconnect the pod is already destroyed because it only takes seconds for mobs that high of a lvl to tear through a weak pod

Sortie 1 for today is too broken unless you have a whole squad of OP Ashes built only for Bladestorm. Why do we even care about eliminating the enemies if a meltdown takes them all out in one hit??

You might have to include what mission it was so that people remember longer then the five minutes when they are doing it.

All I remember is that it wasn't that bad.  Can barely remember which people were there, but I was Nyx, and I'm pretty sure someone was a Nezha.  Ran passed a lot of enemies, and when we destroyed it we had to go back and kill a lot.  I heard that for some people the core went into overload and gave them a major hassle.

Still, pretty sure that most people did just fine.

Edited by JHarlequin

so i just got my THIRD dera blueprint from sortie "rewards". totally doesn't feel like a reward, seeing that everybody has one and it's worth NOTHING.

please remove the junk from sortie rewards, or i will stop caring like i've stopped caring about the focus system.