Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Missions [U18 Megathread]

[DE]Danielle

You might have to include what mission it was so that people remember longer then the five minutes when they are doing it.

All I remember is that it wasn't that bad.  Can barely remember which people were there, but I was Nyx, and I'm pretty sure someone was a Nezha.  Ran passed a lot of enemies, and when we destroyed it we had to go back and kill a lot.  I heard that for some people the core went into overload and gave them a major hassle.

Still, pretty sure that most people did just fine.

There was a timer for the extermination part. And enemies were always scattered throughout the whole map. It's impossible to complete it with the timer ticking. Not sure how but heard some people didn't get the timer.

Today sortie is just pure junk, especially the  Corpus interception with half your shields,  and the reword was a dera vandal blueprint, I will never use dera, you could give me 1000 free credits to play with it,  I will never build it or play with it, it is a trash weapon, say what you want getting this  rewords  makes me not do sortie any more as  is just a waste of time. 

Make it better,  at least try to  make the drops inside the sortie missions better ( better mods, better drop rates, better credit reword, better affinity) in the current state  is just a lame joke.

Today sortie is just pure junk, especially the  Corpus interception with half your shields,  and the reword was a dera vandal blueprint, I will never use dera, you could give me 1000 free credits to play with it,  I will never build it or play with it, it is a trash weapon, say what you want getting this  rewords  makes me not do sortie any more as  is just a waste of time. 

Make it better,  at least try to  make the drops inside the sortie missions better ( better mods, better drop rates, better credit reword, better affinity) in the current state  is just a lame joke.

You can just buy the stuff you want from other players. You can't argue with the drop system :/

Better credit reward then the 25k, 36k and 75k at the end of each mission, or whatever it is?  The enemies are tougher so the mod drops favor less common mods.  They don't happen faster though so still not much better.  You are right though, it's still three missions with a single reward.  As missions themselves players would probably play them even without the special reward table.  It's the sortie reward pool that sucks all the fun out of sorties.

You can just buy the stuff you want from other players. You can't argue with the drop system :/

But getting it from other players is a pain in the &#! that shouldn't be.  They don't trade, they just set a price and only allow people to pay that.  It's not bartering or trade, it's just a market where everyone still wants plat.  Trade chat should never be the answer to loot and reward issues.  It's an alternative, not the answer.

But getting it from other players is a pain in the ! that shouldn't be.  They don't trade, they just set a price and only allow people to pay that.  It's not bartering or trade, it's just a market where everyone still wants plat.  Trade chat should never be the answer to loot and reward issues.  It's an alternative, not the answer.

Can't help it can we? How many of us still buys plats from DE when it's this expensive :/

I really hate the Sortie missions, too much work, too little reward and that's based on your luck with RNG with a massive reward table. Weapon and Warframe BPs shouldn't be there, it's a massive grind. Just keep it limited to cores, lenses and alike. Not going to bother doing them otherwise.

High level spy missions are especially infuriating, aside from the fact that I despise forced stealth, I just can't solo it because it doesn't let me use ciphers and I'm simply not good at these silly puzzles - and can't play it with others because one person screws up and the mission is over...

You guys should take the RNG out of the equation completely. We've got a huge reward table, when we complete all 3 sortie missions, how about let us pick the reward from the list?! (mumble mumble RNGframe mumble)

Edited by CapricaSix

Sortie itself was a great idea, to create an end game content for those player who had completed every mission on the star chart, it's really challenging as well, and I really like it (but not the excavation, which is almost mission impossible).

But, since DE brought Nezha parts into the Sortie reward pool, I kinda felt like it's forcing player to buy it instead, because for me, I've completed Sortie everyday since it released, and yet I only got 1 part, what about the other days? Weapon parts that I've already owned, lens that doesn't match what I'm using, and fusion cores. I mean I understand that I cannot get whatever I wanted, but at least make it grindable like any other warframes.

It's been really frustrating the past few days, that the work and the reward is not balanced, at all. And I've never felt this way while playing this game before, for over 2 years I've been grinding prime parts and stuff and I enjoyed the progress, it was the best feeling when you finally get it done, but now it just feels like it's way too far away...

Edited by EviLxKR

im sick of getting the same reward 50 times. Can the sorties have a checklist? only able to get each item 1 time? give everyone a chance to get the legendary core. Lenses are now totally useless because greater lenses are 40p in the market.

I feel like there should be tiers of rewards.

First Mission: could give a set amount of rewards Such as the lenses and the rare cores.

Second Mission: could give better rewards like the 50 core pack or a nezha part.

Finale: Could give the other nezha parts, possibly warframe parts in the future, hard to find stances, plat perhaps and the legendary core.

The rewards are underwhelming for fighting lvl 100 enemies. i had 3 extractors today die within 1 second giving me only 1 cryotic. I say the difficulty is there, but this sortie thing is just as "in beta" as the Focus system. Both need plenty of work. (or to listen to feedback)

Edited by Ocaz

was doing these missions, then after unlocking and completing the second mission, it did not unlock the third. it was a very long mission so i decided not to play it again. however, i did try to find an indication, just in case i had to do the mission multiple times before unlocking the third. I did not find anything such as a "1/3" displayed with the mission select, so i assumed it was a glitch.

I gave the Excavation today 5 tries a least - the first went well but then i got disconnected, one had aa rad-troll and on the others i always used up my revives because of Combas and Scrambas who twoshotted my Trinity with Link & 99% Blessing and destroyed every Excavator in an instant. My Trinity was in that state the third-hardest to kill Frame in the game (after Defy and Hysteria) so everything else just got oneshotted which is not a fun way to play. as it is, this sortie is unfinishable without a Mag and Valkyr beause you die fast.

This Needs to be fixed!

I gave the Excavation today 5 tries a least - the first went well but then i got disconnected, one had aa rad-troll and on the others i always used up my revives because of Combas and Scrambas who twoshotted my Trinity with Link & 99% Blessing and destroyed every Excavator in an instant. My Trinity was in that state the third-hardest to kill Frame in the game (after Defy and Hysteria) so everything else just got oneshotted which is not a fun way to play. as it is, this sortie is unfinishable without a Mag and Valkyr beause you die fast.

This Needs to be fixed!

Did that excavation without anything you said.  It is not unfinishable.  Just a pain in the &#!.

Excavation for Sortie 3 yesterday was hell / jigoku if that gets censored. Squad deployed an excavator, while I watched as a Sap Scrambus fired dem missiles that homed in on the excavator from what, 100m or more? One hit was all it took for the excavator to go from full health to 'KABOOM!'. 

The summary: NERF the freakin Sap Scrambus. They're OP as heck.

Other enemies that one-hit Tennos and Excavators alike:

- Nullifier's sniper round

- Oxium Osprey's energy...weapon?? <-- seriously?!

- Sapping Osprey's sapping...thingamajig I don't know what's it called but this is the BIGGEST threat of them all (one pulse is all it takes)

- Fusion Moas, and other Ospreys, etc can't remember since the whole squad was just running to new excavators and reviving every single minute.

This is the only mission that I kept using ammo restores on a Soma Prime (cause Try Hard mode). One hell of a mission but satisfied when we finally made it through. (Rewards for this kind of missions could be tweaked for us Tennos to feel better though :) )

Didn't see if it was already answered, but will it ever be changed so sorties will not give you 2 of any drop during a season? I have gotten 5 Nezha Chassis out of my 6 Season 2 runs.

It is very high on the list of proposed suggestions.  But no, DE has committed no answer on whether drops will be controlled or not.  We are only speculating, criticising and making suggestions about the future changes.

Hey for infested sorties you guys should really consider turning of the juggernaut spawn system. says "i'm going to you ruin your day" like a level 80 Armour augmented juggernaut.

Especially on exterminate missions where the mission could conceivably continue indefinitely since it would be to tough to kill by normal means and capable of adding to the total enemy count by spawning new units.

Aren't the season rewards supposed to be unobtainable for the rest of the season once you get them to avoid the mess that is season 2 drops?

Also wouldn't it be cool if the third mission of every day's sortie included the represented boss? of course Vay Hek would need to spawn in his terra frame since his boss battle is beyond tedious

I have done every single sortie, I think, since season 2 dropped.

I have found ZERO Nezha parts. 

I enjoy Sorties just for having a higher level mission and some unique challenges requiring specific builds.  But the rewards are ridiculously puny.  Lenses are 5p.  Dera V parts are 5 p.  Cores are faster out of exca missions.  Reactor and Catalyst are off the drop list now (why?)... The vast majority of rewards wouldn't get me excited if they were dropped from an alert let alone a three mission sortie with one or two 20+ minute sections (defense, interception, survival...). 

Why can't we just have 1 Nezha part be a guaranteed reward IN ADDITION to the standard Sortie drop table, which should itself be revamped. 

Like, one lens, really?  A greater lens in the market, which takes FOUR regular lenses of the same type to craft in addition to other costs, is 40p.  Thus, lenses can't be worth more than 10p and really just go for 5p. 

You know what else is worth 5p?  5 r5 cores, which I can get in 90 seconds on Triton or Hieracon.  Or, any random piece of crap void part. 

If someone spends an hour doing a full sortie, they sure as S#&$ don't want to be greeted at the end with a reward equal in value to a single void 3 minute capture run.  This is ridiculous DE.  Fix this.

EDIT: You know what you could do...

In Hearthstone there's a mechanic called 'Discover' that lets you choose one of three cards.  Sometimes, when we login, we get to choose one of three rewards.  If Sorties gave us a choice of rewards, at least we could feel like we're choosing to pursue a particular goal. 

Edited by Drinniol

I have been playing the Sortie's daily since they came out, i have really enjoyed the increased level and extra challenge put in.  particularly the limit on what weapons we can use per mission.  the only disappointing part is that i can only do these once a day.  I am not as worried about the rewards, i just enjoy the new challenge presented by these missions daily.  If we could unlock each of the three missions for the rest of the day, i would really enjoy being able to do some of theses again, using different loadouts or different combinations of frames. (without the rewards at the end of course).