Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18: The Second Dream

DE_Adam

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the overwhelming dedication and effort (and love) the Devs and other DE staff have put into this game. That said, this update blew my mind. I spent a long time simply exploring and admiring the Second Dream quest; After which I was left speechless. You guys really outdid yourselves :)

Slow clap with a tear in right eye, up to the fight with Stalker in Liset...

then I went to nearly bawling my eyes out (like only anime can usually make me) when Lotus picked my Operator up.

THANK YOU DE. WELL DONE. MIND BLOWN.

ps - haters will hate. hotfixes will silence them ;)

Alright it's time to get the DC'ing bugs out guys, it's really getting frustrating and super annoying getting dc'ed during middle of the mission or when you complete a mission and then get dc'ed without getting the rewards ... or just dc'ing while you're customizing your warframe ...

... it's more like a nightmare atm

Yay, thank you for expanding and tiding the Lore! (and also for all hard work fixing and balancing the overall game, ofc!)

Let's spend zer moneyz, the lore must go on =)

Aww, and we now have another voice chatting with Lotus in the mission. Would be good to add even more responses with new updates and tie them with some kind of triggers (which depend on mission, enemies, or situation overall,  or just joking around).

Lotus: your air support is running out, girl!

Operator: oww, I had a bad sleep today, sorry, Mother-General!

didn't someone forgot to mention that /unstuck got changed? There doesn't seem to be any kind of forced restart or prompt before using it..

Not that I mind, because it still worked to get me unstucked, but how will the devs know that there are still bugs? It isn't fun to spawn into a mission already falling below the map, or being the meal of <insert-random-door-here>

And while I've read that Void got some lightning changes... I'd say it looks quite dramatically different and even some doors look new to me.

Second Dream quest was immersion-shattering, not to mention schmaltzy.  The direction that the game's aesthetic is taking continues to plummet for me.  I wish that this game would truly embrace the ways of old, the ways of subtlety and clean, yet visceral design.  I miss the Warframe of late 2013 - early 2014 dearly.

Ahem, After playing through the second dream quest (No spoilers) I thought to myself. AAAAAAHAHHHAHHAHHHHHH! I calmed down for a bit then continued ahhing. Then afterwards it Occurred to me that DE needs to know, how much I love what they just did. Where the heck do I upvote this stuff because if there is anything that I can do to let you know I enjoyed it I want to do it. In case the vision of where warframe is heading from here on out isn't clear let me give you a couple of suggestions that me and my friends had after playing through this.

1. Keep doing what your doing, but consider your history. Not complaining at all here but quests previous to this have been kind of confusing at times. Reworking the previous quests to for a more fluid story line with the same awesome stuff you've done here in this most recent one will help those who haven't kept up on the Lore engaged in the story.

2. Continue looking to where your going, I know you have already stated that you have plans for the future. Don't rush it but continue putting out high quality stuff. There's nothing worse that playing something that was rushed out and looking back and saying I wish they had put more time into it.

3. Clean up after yourself consistently. This is more of a housekeeping note, but there are many things in warframe that are older and not used in favor of newer stuff due to boundaries of the game being pushed or improper balancing. Warframes, weapons, and certain missions could use some polish. Just like in real life if you don't clean daily a lot of clutter will build up that is detrimental to the game.

4. More Sound! I loved the new music and VO that you did for this, and it has me begging for more. Every time so fare that you guys have added music or VO I have loved it, so Don't stop!

I hope some of this is helpful to you and I would like to congratulate all the staff that worked on this! Thanks DE

Archived