Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Feedback On Maroo's Bazaar

BradlyKG

First off, love the idea! It's a step in a nice direction. Here are my thoughts on the Maroo's Bazaar:

It's my understand that this is supposed to take some weight off of Trade chat, which is awesome. However, think of it from a buyer's perspective. We're in our landing crafts, we decide we want to buy Pacifying Bolts (as an example). Where's the first place you go? Trade chat of course. Some will now go to the trading relay, sure. But what if nobody is selling the mod there? Back to Trade chat. Nobody selling it there? Back to relay. Instead of one chat to check, we now have two.

Next scenario. You're chillin' in Maroo's Bazaar, browsing both Relay and Trade tabs (emphasis on "both"), you find a buyer in the Trade tab! You agree to meet in Maroo's. Seller shows up, now it's a game of "Where's Waldo?" because you have to find the person ("where you at?" -- "by the tree." -- "uhh, I'm by the tree, I don't see you." -- "right next to the rhino statue." -- *facepalm* ). Why not just leave the relay, go back to your ship and then fly to your dojo, then invite them? No witch hunt with an easy UI to select them from a list. But there's an extra step in there now. Leaving a relay to go back to your ship, just to fly to your dojo to use the old method of trading again. In short, it's divided and it's essentially the same system only in a different location and more hassle.

My suggestions to improve on the system:

When you set up merchant mode, allow us to pre-place items in the trade window and set prices for each item we want to sell. When someone opens trade with us, they see what we are selling and for how much. They can freely purchase those items without any interaction with us. Trade limits can stay very easily in this situation, just put a notification of "This Tenno has no more trades remaining today" or something. 

Letting us "set up shop" will drastically decrease trade chat spam, which I believe was the intention (correct me if I'm wrong).

At the time of writing this, there were no threads that I could find with feedback on this particular feature in U18. I apologize if there is when I post this as well as if this is in the wrong location. I couldn't decide if this was UI or whatever, so I just put it here lol. Apologies if this post is hard to understand, I was typing fast and basically just typed what came to mind while it was still fresh in there. I probably forgot to add something but will edit if I remember again!

I can't agree with you more.. The "open for trade" function is absolutely useless and inviting to DOJO is so much more efficient. The new relay seems to be useless.

Bradley's suggestion is perfect. It's like that for pretty much ANY game that has trading simply cause its amazing. Specially a game such as this where trading and farming plays a huge role. I've been holding on and not quitting because I honestly thought this new patch would provide a better trade. Sad.

To me it makes NO sense not to upgrade the trade. Tho if I think about it from the developers point of view, having a better trade will mean people will be richer in general, witch will lead to the company losing money from people buying platinum.

Hopefully we see some activity towards this.

To me it makes NO sense not to upgrade the trade. Tho if I think about it from the developers point of view, having a better trade will mean people will be richer in general, witch will lead to the company losing money from people buying platinum.

I don't think that's how it works. If people stop buying plat because of an improved trading system, then no one will have plat in the end because there must be players that purchase plat for it to be in circulation in the first place. It will be easier for traders to get plat, yes, but it won't stop people from making purchases. Besides, if no one is buying plat now, then expect the game to shut down within the next few month, which is highly unlikely given the fact that U18 was launched with a ton of content, which would've taken a lot of funding to do so.

I don't think that's how it works. If people stop buying plat because of an improved trading system, then no one will have plat in the end because there must be players that purchase plat for it to be in circulation in the first place. It will be easier for traders to get plat, yes, but it won't stop people from making purchases. Besides, if no one is buying plat now, then expect the game to shut down within the next few month, which is highly unlikely given the fact that U18 was launched with a ton of content, which would've taken a lot of funding to do so.

I don't think you understood what I meant. It's easier for me to buy plat for real money to get whatever I want right now. That's a good thing for DE. But if they make a better trade in game, it will be easier for me to get the plat that I need from the things I have farmed. This will take away the need of buying plats from DE, hence why the flow of money will decrease. People will ALWAYS buy plat, simply because new plat needs to enter the market for the market to roll its way.

As of right now my inventory is worth thousands of plat, BUT due to a S#&$ty trade function, I cant sell most of it cause it will require me to eyeball the trade chat for days. So what has happened is that I was forced to buy plat with money to get something that i urgently needed. 

If you like to continue this discussion you can PM me. I don't want to hijack this thread.

Bill

Unlike the OP, I don't like the idea at all. This is yet another attempt at making trading difficult and unpleasant so that players can't easily trade with each other and many simply give up. It's discouraging trading by intentionally making the experience suck. I find that incredibly distasteful.

Trading is not a fun part of the game. With chat spam and whatever this new monstrosity is (which I'll be completely ignoring like most people), it's a very tedious and unfun part of the game. If not for warframe.market allowing me to trade with significantly less hassle, I likely would have stopped playing Warframe soon after I started.

Please stop trying your hardest to make trading unbearably awful for players. Add a trading feature to the game that doesn't completely suck. Let us get our trades out of the way quickly and efficiently so that we can get back to what we actually want to do: playing the game.