Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Needs Slash, Not Impact

Vernoc

No it does not, because its literally the only heavy weapon(not hammers as they are in their own category) that deals impact damage.

The rest of what you said is opinion and not fact

and we need it for what on a proc weapon? slash is dominating on a proc weapon cause it ignores shields. try galatine with slash+viral, u kill every corpus in secunds.

and it is fact cause galatine with slash+viral is best against every faction.

Edited by -ExT-Vernoc

Slash doesn't ignore shield, the bleeding proc does and so does toxin. The base damage of slash does not.

Again, that's your opinion not fact

that is what i sayed, the proc ignore shields. that means on a status weapon against corpus is slash much better then impact.

and just show me a single melee that kills high lv enemys faster/better then galatine

Edited by -ExT-Vernoc

that is what i sayed, the proc ignore shields. that means on a status weapon against corpus is slash much better then impact.

and just show me a single melee that kills high lv enemys faster/better then galatine

Oh okay, just to list a few, dragon Nikana, mios, tekko, jat kittag, Ninkondi, Boltace, Dakra prime, Orthos prime. All are neck to neck to the galatine based on how you mod it.

I don't understand why you wanted to know what's better than the galatine when that wasn't even the topic to begin with.

Edited by KJRenz

Oh okay, just to list a few, dragon Nikana, mios, tekko, jat kittag, Ninkondi, Boltace, Dakra prime, Orthos prime. All are neck to neck to the galatine based on how you mod it.

I don't understand why you wanted to know what's better than the galatine when that wasn't even the topic to begin with.

cause galatine is atm at first place..and War can be better then galatine. The secret is the status chance+ multi hit.

U just have to play it with slash +viral and then dont care for enemy level or faction.The perfect melee weapon.

It´s just sad that de made a status weapon with impact..

Edited by -ExT-Vernoc

cause galatine is atm at first place..and War can be better then galatine. The secret is the status chance+ multi .hit

u just have to play it with slash +viral and then dont care for enemy level or faction.The perfect melee weapon.

It´s just sad that de made a satus weapon with impact..

Again, quit saying your opinion is fact, because it's not.

War is the first impact heavy weapon in its own category and its here to stay

Edited by KJRenz

I don't see the problem at all. We've already got two perfectly good Slash-based heavy melees (Galatine and ScindoP), and the update introduced an equally viable Impact-based one that you can choose if you want.

If you want to use a Slash weapon, then don't use the War. Simple as that. Galatine and ScindoP are still perfectly viable in comparison (unlike the entirety of the poor Longsword category with Broken War's release); you need to start seeing War as a different weapon and not something that's intended to completely overshadow these two.

No it does not, because its literally the only heavy weapon(not hammers as they are in their own category) that deals impact damage.

The rest of what you said is opinion and not fact

War has sharpened edges and an energy coating, the broken one even does slash damage with the same edge to it, the impact damage is either a bug or something with no basis of why it is that way.

War has sharpened edges and an energy coating, the broken one even does slash damage with the same edge to it, the impact damage is either a bug or something with no basis of why it is that way.

Normal war has the energy blades, which is probably why it does impact damage.  Broken war hits with the solid blade, which makes up the inner section of War.

Normal war has the energy blades, which is probably why it does impact damage.  Broken war hits with the solid blade, which makes up the inner section of War.

Look at broken war again, it still has energy flowing around it. The energy color cust even changes what color that outer energy is.

Scindo Prime is pretty much a Galatine with better crit chance.. and a very minor reduction in slash damage, but more damage in total. Can't forget the Scindo P.

Edited by maj.death

Rest + Covert Lethality (any Dagger) kills lvl 500 Juggernaut Behemoths (Simulacrum lvl 100 Juggernaut Behemoth spawns at Level 500)

in 1hit.

I haven't tried Galantine, but if it is killing faster... I'll craft now.

Actually, War needs puncture.

No amount of Slash or Impact damage is gonna break Chroma's potential 4k armor.

War is supposed to kill Tenno.

You know Bleed Proc could careless about 4k Armor right? Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

Rest + Covert Lethality (any Dagger) kills lvl 500 Juggernaut Behemoths (Simulacrum lvl 100 Juggernaut Behemoth spawns at Level 500)

in 1hit.

I haven't tried Galantine, but if it is killing faster... I'll craft now.

It is killing it faster. And ofc, no abilities involved.

That aside, War is just OP. I could not care less about the impact/slash thing, I count on the elemental damage anyway. But that crit chance *_*, finally a Berserker-viable greatsword.

Edited by -BM-StormVanguard

It is killing it faster. And ofc, no abilities involved.

That aside, War is just OP. I could not care less about the impact/slash thing, I count on the elemental damage anyway. But that crit chance *_*, finally a Berserker-viable greatsword.

Yu speak as if Galatine couldn't Berseker lol.