Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cant Alt Tab Out

IggySnow

Im not sure if this is just me but when I alt tab out of the game, I cant reopen the game at all. it shows up as an icon on the task bar, but clicking on it does nothing, I cant alt tab back into it ether as it doesn't show up in the little menu thing. opening up the task manager doesn't work ether since it doesn't show up in the applications window. and to top it all off the only way I can close the game is by ending the process in the processes tab.

This is really frustrating because I tend to alt tab out of the game quite frequently.

I am also having the same problem since the patch. At first it wouldn't do it every time but now it's non-stop... I am the kind of guy that alt tab every 0.2 sec to check on my music or watch a video sooo it's kinda anoying.

Before the patch i used to get some blackscreens here and there when I alt tabbed, but never consistently like this.

Thank you DE for fixing our issues <3

I think my issue is similar to this, my game freezes but I can still hear all the sound, I can still use abilities and move around, but it's just a frame stuck on my screen. The only way to get out of it appears to be ending the process. I will not play on borderless windowed mode as a solution, the FPS is awful.

I had this problem long before the update to 18.  Primarily happens when I alt tab and full screen another program (vlc) or video (from youtube).

Also happens if I alt tab out and lock windows.  Unlock and warframe is frozen and cannot be opened, requiring process having to be manually ended and restarting warframe.

Was about to make a new topic on this utterly annoying issue...and it takes a LOT to annoy me enough to bother posting here.  Need some info about the game you want to google...no longer possible, without killing the game and restarting.  Need to check your mail?  Check the score of the game?  Change your music channel?  No longer possible....

Simple programming stuff - making the game unfun.  

• 5 years later...
On 2021-03-29 at 9:07 PM, KaasWater said:

anyone here in 2021? after the last update this is happening to me and it isn't stopping, came here to check but saw all the previous messages are from 2015... is there anyone with a suggestion how to fix this?

dont know if it ever got fixed, but i changed from fullscreen to window/borderless and all the alt-tabbing issues went away, the only issue is sometimes other softwares might open a pop-up and those pop-ups usually deselect the warframe window.

19 minutes ago, JeyciKon said:

dont know if it ever got fixed, but i changed from fullscreen to window/borderless and all the alt-tabbing issues went away, the only issue is sometimes other softwares might open a pop-up and those pop-ups usually deselect the warframe window.

Afaik It never got fixed, from time to time I check it and the problem is still there, if you don't Alt-tab then yea you can play in fullscreen, if you like trading or checking other things while playing, you're forced to Alt-tab more than 1 time so better use borderless mode instead or you risk getting a black screen at the very 1st one you do in fullscreen, forcing to Alt+F4 the game client.

Edited by Archaeopelta
Typo.