Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Tenno, Animae258, Left Us

Lirrea

A week ago my dear friend, Animae258, died. He was a grandmaster and the founder of Mercury, Elion. I just got the news today.   

We've played Warframe together since the interception mode was introduced. We started playing even earlier, when Vauban just got out, I think? 

We've met farming for Natural Talent - when it was still rare and before the nerf. Remember that time? I raged at him about how bad the spawn mechanic in interception was. We hit it off. We've played so many games together, so many raids, so many bugs. Got stuck in walls. Chatframed. Got kicked from Council a few times for being unappropriate.  

We were going to watch new Star Wars together when my schedule cleared in January; he visited me when he could.  

Animae258 was a rare player, always consistently good. 

He helped newbies were he could. He struggled immensely with depression for the last few years, but he never gave up. It was an accident, as far as I know, that ended his life. I did what I could to help him, but he could've been happier. He should've been much happier. Life should've given him everything he asked for. He was one of the best people I knew.   

Please, please, if any of your friends have depression, be there for them.  

I hope he has the best dreams and adventures he can possibly have now. I hope he will be happy wherever he are.  

Oh God, I can't believe he won't ever play anything else with me.  

I hope he is dreaming his second dream now. 

Rest in Peace, tenno.  

Edit: Thank you so much for your support, DE! Thank you, community. I don't even know what else to say. I woke up today, realised I cannot skype Animae258 to tell him how upset I was yesterday, and here and on Reddit were many, many comments helping me get through the morning.

m16Pv3o.jpg

Edited by Lirrea

Hey, don't you worry. Animae may have left his Warframe, but his Operator smiles upon us. He lives within our memories. Don't worry. Play the game for him. Allow his memory to keep you playing against the grind. 

I may have never met you in game, but I met you, Lirrae. His memory lives within us all. 

Rest in peace, my friend.

I'm tearing up at these comments.

Rest peacefully Animae258. A great Tenno brought down by depression. I hope you're slaying Grineer in heaven.

Lirrae, if you ever need to talk or vent feel free to drop me a message either on the fourms or ingame. I'm there to help anyone in need..

as who suffers from Depressions and is dealing with it.  A good friend is all you really need that stick with you through your ugly times and despair and is there and wants you to get better

Lierra, you were that friend from the sounds of it

Sorry for your loss, and may time heal the pain and fill it with comfort

Thanks, everyone, for your support. Your words mean a lot to me. Pass the message along, please. He had a lot of friends.

If only I could do anything else for him now.

What you can do for him is preserve his legacy and struggle by teaching others about what he dealt with. There was a relatively new community formed in EVE Online called "Broadcast for Reps" that is made of players helping others within EVE deal with real life depression. I'm sure something like that could be formed within the Warframe community as well.

My condolences.

What you can do for him is preserve his legacy and struggle by teaching others about what he dealt with. There was a relatively new community formed in EVE Online called "Broadcast for Reps" that is made of players helping others within EVE deal with real life depression. I'm sure something like that could be formed within the Warframe community as well.

My condolences.

EVE seems like the worst possible choice of game for someone with depression, honestly. Good on those guys, though.

EVE seems like the worst possible choice of game for someone with depression, honestly. Good on those guys, though.

Tongue in cheek, I couldn't agree more but it is the thought and the concept that counts. I'm sure a Warframe version would do very well.