The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bs Fps Drops / Stutters After U18

WarmongerExtraordinare

Question

It's been what, 3 or 4 hotfixes thus far? but it keeps happening, it hasn't improved one bit.

I never had any problem like this with previous big updates, but now there's this annoying issue.

The longer the missions lasts the worse it gets. It starts at a stable 60fps (vsync on in my case), then fps drops to 40, at worst it gets to like 15 fps for me, after about 15 excavators in Hieracon/Triton, basically becoming unplayable. 

My specs:
OS Windows 8.1 Pro x64

AMD FX 8350
13GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

PS: For the record, I already verified and optimized download cache, but haven't checked if disabling directx 11/10, enabling fullscreen or disabling 64bit mode do anything. But still, it shouldn't be necessary, right?

Edited by Recro

I've been having similar issues. Before the recent updates, my FPS was always a smooth 60, but now it seems to have some sort of snowball effect the deeper I go into certain missions. The interception sortie yesterday was causing framerate drops late into it, and running Triton and getting to about 10 or so excavators makes it start to dip a bit. By the time I get to 15+, it drops to 15FPS and below, and just gets worse over time. It's sad too, because my performance was always flawless before. Even going where no enemies and fewer objects are doesn't do anything.

Specs:

Windows 8.1 Pro x64

AMD FX 6350

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
8GB Ram

Also worth noting that after extracting, the framerate fixes itself.

After u18 when im playing longer runs my fps fall to 6 fps overtime, at the beginning everything is fine but later like after 30 mins or more its unplayable, tested game on two videocards radeon 5670 512mb and radeon r9 380 4gb and mobile 540m, weird but fps +- almost same no matter high settings or low, on 2nd card every game is playable on max with great fps but here something weird. Also stutters in liset and inmissions, game freeze like for a second or few time to time, when loading screen same story, tested on win 7 and win 10, not tested much with turning off multithreading and 64bit mode and dx versions.

Make the game to use more RAM, to help other components.

Edited by drunkpunk222

Hell, the developers/programmers are at least working on this? i know that in some updates, the game gets a little unoptimized, but they normaly fixes in days or a week, BUT I CANT KEEP PLAYING THE GAME IF THEY DONT CARE A **** AND LET ME PLAY IN 11 FPS CAUSE FOR NO F*CK REASON.

hello my low-fps brothers! Same problem.

After U18, at start any long mission I have ~18 fps (that’s normal for me) , but after 25min it drops to 2  fps!!!

Win XP sp3

radeon hd 6870

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4000+  2.1GHz

3072MB RAM

DirectX 9.0c

I feel, Endgame  close and close…  D:

Oh, might've just been me. Might just be DE.

To be honest, it's a bit messy as well.

You can change some graphical settings under /Users/%Username%/AppData/Local/Warframe/EE.cfg

But not all of them.

PhysX and VSync aren't located in there, so no idea if it is server sided or somewhere saved on local machine as well, somewhere hidden.