Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Warframe Been Ruined By The Update 18 Reveal? [Spoiler City.]

StabbyTentacles

And if not entirely ruined, then pretty seriously undermined.

I wasn’t unimpressed with the story, but its implications kinda ruin the game for me.

[This is a little lame imo.] The wariverse was far deeper richer before this little bombshell. The wariverse has taken a huge punch to the crotch here.

Yes it’s a neat trick. But this new gimmick once looked over makes our warframes so much less, no more Rhino, Excalibur… Loki, Mag,Volt, Trinity, Banshee, Saryn...

Our warframes are now unsubstantial biological machines. [A little like Iron-man’s suit.]

…we’re all Super Saiyans now! yay! and the massive reveal introduces a pretty overused, even hackneyed idea as their replacement. sigh.

DE: 1) Here you go, you’re now all Super Saiyan’s.

2)But your warframes and all that personality they may have had is gone.

3)Enjoy all the new leveling, grinding to become a Super Saiyan.

Sorry to ruin everybodies party here, but was it so hard/problematic to just accept we were different tenno before this? Well now we’re just 1 guy/gal… and we drive our frames around aka Tony Stark, in space…. yaaaaaawn Super Saiyan power activate!!! Our hair all turns golden in colour and seems to stand on end, giving it a rising, flame-like appearance… yada yada…

RIP warframes long live Super Saiyanframe. sigh.

*'When bad writing effects your customized player character, who has mainly been a conduit of player Id, well, then disapproval is going to be had, particularly when you have been spending money on the game, as opposed to you reading Naruto for free on scanalation sites.'

UrielColtan has said it far better than I. I thank you UrielColtan.

**Added due to its insightful, aware understanding of where my greatest struggle/trouble with the second dream seem to stem.

Edited by Blatantfool
Fixed the black text color.

Our warframes are now unsubstantial biological machines. [A little like Iron-man’s suit.]

Warframes can and do operate independently without a Tenno giving direction. We've known this since Rhino Prime's codex, but even someone who ignores the codex can literally see their frame pull a sword out of their gut just to be extra heroic while the operator is cowering in terror.

I wonder what they smell like after waiting so long in the pods.

Ordis: "I'm sorry, operator. It appears we are not equipped with shower facilities."

Some people seems readliy to step in the shoes of these children, and I think that is fine but what DE should address hopefully in the future is more about the frames we have spent hours with since the beginning of the game, expand on them more than they are being portrayed so far in the lore. I think they deserved that.

I wasn't a fan of remote controlled warframes myself and I thought the idea was stupid. But the execution and presentation in the game was excellent and I came to like it.

We've known for a very long time that we were a single Tenno operating multiple frames.

Also this.

And what's so bad about being a Super Saiyan?

I wonder what they smell like after waiting so long in the pods.

I would think we would need an acid shower to get rid of that smell.

Anyways OP, nothing is preventing you from saying your operator identifies as your favorite frame. Considering that your mind is projected into the frame, it isn't unrealistic to make that work.

Warframes can and do operate independently without a Tenno giving direction. We've known this since Rhino Prime's codex, but even someone who ignores the codex can literally see their frame pull a sword out of their gut just to be extra heroic while the operator is cowering in terror.

Ordis: "I'm sorry, operator. It appears we are not equipped with shower facilities."

The warframe pulling a sword out doesn't necessarily means conscious. I've argued before it may just be a security measure kicks in, since look at how the frame are not even moving until stalker literally put his hand on the operator. You can argue it's for dramatic effects but the fact that the warframe lies helplessly on the floor probably just turned alot of players away. Also that quote, never heard that one before. I've only heard the chair one before. It may be that the fatigue caused by uses of warframe can actually be manifested on the operator, who knows.

Edited by Leoguy

Not to be rude, but you're just wrong. I think I see where you're coming from though, so difference in oppinion and tastes I guess. But as Gruzelda said, we've kinda known this for a while now so I don't get how the manifestation bothers you.

I would think we would need an acid shower to get rid of that smell.

Anyways OP, nothing is preventing you from saying your operator identifies as your favorite frame. Considering that your mind is projected into the frame, it isn't unrealistic to make that work.

Yeah there is that, thanks. But still so much has been taken away here imho, and replaced with...

...meh *I guess I just would've rathered our beloved warframes to remain kings/queens of the story.

It seems as though our Warframes are actually Symbiotes, evidenced by your Warframe ripping a greatsword out of their gut in the quest.

So in fact, your Warframes may actually have a personality of their own, which is merged with the Operator's own personality while they're operating it. Take note of the fact that the Operators, for all this time, have believed that they were actually the Warframes themselves.

Kind of, it had not been stated that we ‘drove’ them all, nor that we were not even in the frames.

It's been blatantly clear that we weren't actually in the frames since the tennotext error message that started popping up in U17.5. People literally predicted this in the threads where those were translated. It's been slightly less blatantly clear but still pretty clear that we weren't actually in the frames since the Limbo quest. It's been reasonably clear since the beginning that we weren't in the frames since ain't no way you're gonna fit a Rhino into a Nova frame, with the only alternative explanation being "well maybe there's a really buff Nova out there and DE just doesn't show it because that's way more work for their artists for little gain."

The warframe pulling a sword out doesn't necessarily means conscious. I've argued before it may just be a security measure kicks in, since look at how the frame are not even moving until stalker literally put his hand on the operator. You can argue it's for dramatic effects but the fact that the warframe lies helplessly on the floor probably just turned alot of players away. Also that quote, never heard that one before. I've only heard the chair one before. It may be that the fatigue caused by uses of warframe can actually be manifested on the operator, who knows.

Your argument towards that end has never been particularly satisfying in light of the other evidence we have.

The quote is something I made up as a joke, it's not real. :p

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

OK really? If you're going to leave that's fine but you know that each and every single war frame is actually more less it's own person, we've seen it from the Mirage quest and we've also seen it from the limbo quest. Heck even the chroma is somewhat his own person he was just being controlled by something else during that time but was still nonetheless independent. Limbo was actually very highly intelligent mathematically adept person or something and mirage was a very clever trickster like entity.

You can't say that the Warframe's is nothing but a puppet you see it in the quest… it saved the operator by itself without their help, so obviously they have some Independence to them… It just seems to me that they rely on the operator to be able to use most of their abilities

Edited by lightdragon64

I also saw a theory that it was the Lotus who controlled the warframe at that moment. Or maybe the connection between the Tenno and warframe is more complicated than we think.

Some people seems readliy to step in the shoes of these children, and I think that is fine but what DE should address hopefully in the future is more about the frames we have spent hours with since the beginning of the game, expand on them more than they are being portrayed so far in the lore. I think they deserved that.

Well I think that's what they're trying to do. What I find weird is there transmissions sometimes say WE. I suppose in mission YOU are the Warframe but inside the liset you are the Operator.

Not to be rude, but you're just wrong. I think I see where you're coming from though, so difference in oppinion and tastes I guess. But as Gruzelda said, we've kinda known this for a while now so I don't get how the manifestation bothers you.

All g mayne, and sure this is my opinion; but there’s a massive leap from what’s in the law to what’s in the game.