Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Warframe Been Ruined By The Update 18 Reveal? [Spoiler City.]

StabbyTentacles

I see it as a sort of mini hive mind with the operator being the main intellect. The other frames have their own id, or a basic personality but not an ego and do not excercise completely individual thoughts.

This is space magic after all and in space magic you can be one entity with many bodies/personalities.

i found the answer that de gave us to fill in a few blanks and even chuck so throwbacks to dark sector. as for the thing where people think the frames lose there personality its all still there the frame is a conduit too channel and mold your power.

i have heard people complaining about stuff like how can a guy control a female frame and stuff and i always liked to think that the breasts on the feamels is where say the power amps where in the body  and that they had been strtegically placed to give the frame more human forms 

If this was as it was from day 1, then sure why/how can we complain; but it wasn't/isn't. So complain, criticize, condemn, and denounce I shall.

I see it as a sort of mini hive mind with the operator being the main intellect. The other frames have their own id, or a basic personality but not an ego and do not excercise completely individual thoughts.

This is space magic after all and in space magic you can be one entity with many bodies/personalities.

Yeah it’s a good/better way to adapt what we’ve had shoved down our throats here; a hive mind would have really been so much better than a sad sorrowful little kid. Unless your a sad sorrowful little kid, then you have it made.

We are no longer ninjas. it has all died.

I cri eve tim ;-;

Edited by StabbyTentacles

DE, just let us turn off Operator transmissions and let us lock the Somatic Link room door. We'll forget about everything in 3 - 4 months tops.

But again, the Rule34 department of Warframe is falling into ruins thanks to the big reveal.

This, I mean like we can still think the warframes are alive themselves, they just link minds with the operator at times. So R34 shouldn't really slack with the Warframes. (What a direction this thread is going)

DE, just let us turn off Operator transmissions and let us lock the Somatic Link room door. We'll forget about everything in 3 - 4 months tops.

But again, the Rule34 department of Warframe is falling into ruins thanks to the big reveal.

Thank god the Tenno aren't in the frames. But even so, I'm still disturbed.

Didn't for me..then again I don't get serious about stuff. I enjoyed the reveal though, makes sense when reading back on some lore. Honestly the only thing that changed for me is before the operator didn't have an in-game avatar(was us) and now it does..before I was in my room sitting in a chair controlling the frames and now my avatar is sitting in a chair on the ship doing the same S#&$ lmao, it's not the serious for me at least.

I enjoyed it though, I'm excited to see where they take it from here. Hmmm watch folks get mad if the Twin Queens end up not being conjoined or are really attractive or something lol. Keep up the good work DE

Didn't for me..then again I don't get serious about stuff. I enjoyed the reveal though, makes sense when reading back on some lore. Honestly the only thing that changed for me is before the operator didn't have an in-game avatar(was us) and now it does..before I was in my room sitting in a chair controlling the frames and now my avatar is sitting in a chair on the ship doing the same S#&$ lmao, it's not the serious for me at least. I enjoyed it though, I'm excited to see where they take it from here. Hmmm watch folks get mad if the Twin Queens end up not being conjoined or are really attractive or something lol. Keep up the good work DE

I don’t see how we can’t have both dreams; first and second.

I want both, or more even, let’s just say many options, without going into a huge text dump, I’ll use the Avengers as an example,Thor is the Asgardian God of Thunder and the son of Odin, does that mean all the Avengers are from Asgard? Nope. Does it make any one of the Avengers less because they all have their own stories? Nope. Sure there are tenno who’re kids from the void; but there are also other tenno who were doing other things…

Having other stories doesn’t ruin this story, if anything they (other stories) add depth and plausibility.

Not wanting to be the option D, "Your opinion, is wrong." -here.

But this was the lore until a whole bunch of other things were retcon'd. Sorry but it's a fact I'm afraid, and its my way of explaining my difficulty in climbing aboard the newest new strange.

Seriously. It's beginning to feel like "If you disliked the ending of the quest then you aren't welcome here!" Which, It seems is more than feeling like, but the truth.

Agreed, I myself like that many love what DE have done. 

I don't, and many don't, so I would simply like an option here. DE isn't Microsoft and this isn't Windows 8? Is it?

But this was the lore until a whole bunch of other things were retcon'd. Sorry but it's a fact I'm afraid, and its my way of explaining my difficulty in climbing aboard the newest new strange.

I don't, and many don't, so I would simply like an option here. DE isn't Microsoft and this isn't Windows 8? Is it?

Maybe an option could come in the future, remember, DE can go in any direction they like with this. It could be very possible given a community response (A fair few people disliked the reveal) they add an option to this, DE could do this anytime they want. The lore is developing and there are more quests to come, Hopefully DE takes all of this into consideration for those of us that don't like it. Because I admit, it's crushing when the thing you believed for a very long time (years even) is wrong.

But as I said, the lore is developing, something could certainly be done if DE wishes to keep both those who like it and those who don't happy. Pretty damn easily infact, they just have to mold the lore first. Until then i'll just stick with my headcannon i've thought of for now.

U18 did not ruin warframe in my option i have been playing for just over 2 years but i had not played in the past 2 months or so then i hear about U18 i come back and play it the minute it came out beat second dream i i really liked how the did it sure we knew about it but to actually see it is a different thing for me U18 gave me a reason to play again and im enjoying every second

an option to what,  be in a space suit? you feel better in the old liset huh play on console  for a few weeks.

the option you have is like that favorite Flavored Milk thats expired it will "Spoil"

Maybe an option could come in the future, remember, DE can go in any direction they like with this. It could be very possible given a community response (A fair few people disliked the reveal) they add an option to this, DE could do this anytime they want. The lore is developing and there are more quests to come, Hopefully DE takes all of this into consideration for those of us that don't like it. Because I admit, it's crushing when the thing you believed for a very long time (years even) is wrong.

But as I said, the lore is developing, something could certainly be done if DE wishes to keep both those who like it and those who don't happy. Pretty damn easily infact, they just have to mold the lore first. Until then i'll just stick with my headcannon i've thought of for now.

Thanks, and I agree something could unquestionably/easily be done if DE wished it so; to keep both those who liked where warframe was, and those who needed to have it spelt out for them, both happy.

And yes lore is developing,I too will just stick with my ‘headcannon’ or more correctly the pre-retcon d warframe I've been playing since closed beta.

enough salt here to cure my ham :3

Crystalline Sea Salt

Space Kitties with muffin bodies , And Salty head Lettuce full of irrelevant Canon 

Flaked Sea Salt

an option to what,  be in a space suit? you feel better in the old liset huh play on console  for a few weeks.

the option you have is like that favorite Flavored Milk thats expired it will "Spoil"

Rock Salt

Thanks, and I agree something could unquestionably/easily be done if DE wished it so; to keep both those who liked where warframe was, and those who needed to have it spelt out for them, both happy.

And yes lore is developing,I too will just stick with my ‘headcannon’ or more correctly the pre-retcon d warframe I've been playing since closed beta.

I do truly hope DE do something along the lines of that, There are alot more quests to come and well. We already know what the Operator is. I really do hope for options at a later point, It'd flesh out the game and make it truly great.

'Choose your own path' is something I want to eventually see. Maybe we could follow the Lotus, Maybe we could become something similar to the Stalker, Doing things on our own without guidance, but still allied with the lotus.

One of those also being 'Having the Warframe as it's own being, alive and seperate from the Tenno'

It'd make everyone happy and DE wins on both sides of this instead of having to single out half of us.

I do truly hope DE do something along the lines of that, There are alot more quests to come and well. We already know what the Operator is. I really do hope for options at a later point, It'd flesh out the game and make it truly great.

'Choose your own path' is something I want to eventually see. Maybe we could follow the Lotus, Maybe we could become something similar to the Stalker, Doing things on our own without guidance, but still allied with the lotus.

One of those also being 'Having the Warframe as it's own being, alive and seperate from the Tenno'

It'd make everyone happy and DE wins on both sides of this instead of having to single out half of us.

<3 Too bad reason, and good sense have been driven away by a simple, and overzealous flock mentality.

OK really? If you're going to leave that's fine but you know that each and every single war frame is actually more less it's own person, we've seen it from the Mirage quest and we've also seen it from the limbo quest. Heck even the chroma is somewhat his own person he was just being controlled by something else during that time but was still nonetheless independent. Limbo was actually very highly intelligent mathematically adept person or something and mirage was a very clever trickster like entity.

You can't say that the Warframe's is nothing but a puppet you see it in the quest… it saved the operator by itself without their help, so obviously they have some Independence to them… It just seems to me that they rely on the operator to be able to use most of their abilities

Your looking at this and confusing the gameplay and lore points of view. We (the operator) are given the ability to piolet multiple warframes because this would be a god awful game if we didn't. Lorewise one tenno=one warframe. There is a "ember" tenno who controls a ember warframe. And a "Rhino" tenno who controls a Rhino warframe. As to the mirage and limbo quest its not hard to assume that the operator is linked to the warframe on such a deep emotional and physical level that whatever hurts the warframe hurts the tenno, just like if you die in a dream in Inception you die in real life. With the advanced technology it would take to even create a warframe its not hard to believe. And lastly as too the warframe pulling the sword out of its own chest doesn't mean anything, you are making irrational conclusions. Who's to say that the tenno while being choke came upon a moment where for a few seconds he could control his warframe will not in transference or in physical contact. I mean these kids can shoot lazer beams outnof their eyes. Orit could me the warframes have a limited amount of sentientence, more like a dog with a instinct to survive then a human. But no, the warframes do not have personalities. Only the tenno do.

I feel like a lot of the antagonism for the reveal is because the operator has a kid's body. Sure there'd still be some dissatisfaction but I wonder how much less there would be if the operator was an adult physically.

I'm guessing this might explain also why some are so over invested in the new canon. (cough I'm on the particularly under invested side.) But sure I might not hate it so much had I been given greater options there; customization, gills, tentacles the usual. Nonetheless I'd still prefer a Tenno-symbiote that inhabits the frame to this aloof operator interpretation.

I want to be on the ground in the thick of the fight, not sitting up in my ship safe and snuggled.

A Tenno-symbiote or some other form that allows for me to move from frame to frame yet also means I'm in the frame at risk, getting my hands dirty. 

DE If your listening, VR is going to be the next big thing; do you know why? I'll give you hint, It doesn't involve moving people further away from their experience.

For me it has ruined the game.

Yet another game ruined by talkative generic humans.

The plot was sub par good evangelion fan fiction for crying out load.

Did i imagine someone in the suits? No

Did i imagine that they had distinct personalities? No

Did i enjoy being forced to have a emotional,mental and physical cripple as a liability in the liset? Hell no.

Before

I was the operator.

Now I am not even in the same universe any longer.

If i could kill the kid or roll back my account to never finish the second quest i would.

Heck i just might solve the whole issue by making a new account where i never do any of the lore quests ever again.

Maybe then i can get some enjoyment out of this game again.

As of now DE make it painfully clear that i am not the operator of the warframes any longer.

the brat is.

As of now DE make it painfully clear that i am not the operator of the warframes any longer.

the brat is.

Not only have you successfully missed every single point the quest has made, but you also continue to be oblivious to the conclusions people have drawn here. I can only applaud such foolhardiness.

The brat is centuries old, has committed a genocide and murdered hundreds of thousands more. If you can't see past the exterior that's your problem.