Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Warframe Been Ruined By The Update 18 Reveal? [Spoiler City.]

StabbyTentacles

For me it has ruined the game.

Yet another game ruined by talkative generic humans.

The plot was sub par good evangelion fan fiction for crying out load.

Did i imagine someone in the suits? No

Did i imagine that they had distinct personalities? No

Did i enjoy being forced to have a emotional,mental and physical cripple as a liability in the liset? Hell no.

Before

I was the operator.

Now I am not even in the same universe any longer.

If i could kill the kid or roll back my account to never finish the second quest i would.

Heck i just might solve the whole issue by making a new account where i never do any of the lore quests ever again.

Maybe then i can get some enjoyment out of this game again.

As of now DE make it painfully clear that i am not the operator of the warframes any longer.

the brat is.

I do hope DE give us a choice here, I would eject the Operator out of the airlock first chance I get if they do.

It ruined the game for me any connection I had to the suits personality (valkyr's anger mesa's arrogance with a gun etc.) are all gone, along with the sense of risk, before i felt like i have to get out of this ship before it explodes or i'll die now im like oh no my robot gets blown into space I can just go pick it up later. Adventure is even expiring because its like driving a drone through a maze -shrugs-. Now i have no connection to my frames, no connection to the work i put into making them look unique. It honestly sucks, ive been playing since closed beta as well and it really is a terrible feeling.

It ruined the game for me any connection I had to the suits personality (valkyr's anger mesa's arrogance with a gun etc.) are all gone, along with the sense of risk, before i felt like i have to get out of this ship before it explodes or i'll die now im like oh no my robot gets blown into space I can just go pick it up later. Adventure is even expiring because its like driving a drone through a maze -shrugs-. Now i have no connection to my frames, no connection to the work i put into making them look unique. It honestly sucks, ive been playing since closed beta as well and it really is a terrible feeling.

Read between the lines. I suggest thinking about what happened in Stolen Dreams.

Frames are not "robots" in any way. They are alive.

I understand how you feel. I feel the same way about it all. It's certainly annoying. I'm gonna follow my headcannon I made up for now though, Hopefully DE take this mixed feedback into consideration. We don't want the playerbase splitting like it currently is.

I understand how you feel. I feel the same way about it all. It's certainly annoying. I'm gonna follow my headcannon I made up for now though, Hopefully DE take this mixed feedback into consideration. We don't want the playerbase splitting like it currently is.

Mixed feedback? There is no mixed feedback - it's a storyline, you either like it or you don't. It doesn't impact the way you play the game at all. This is their story and they should work on it as such. Not mine, not yours and certainly not for the community to decide what the Tenno/Warframes are.

Besides, if you think this is all there is to the whole Tenno/Warframe dynamic I suggest waiting for the upcoming lore reveals.

but what risk is it to us if they get blown into space pat it on the back give it a snack and say gj that's how i feel now

It is heavily implied that the Tenno and his/her Frames have a deeper underlying connection than what we're overtly seeing. It's just that you don't want to look for anything other than what's there at first sight.

Edited by Gale47

Mixed feedback? There is no mixed feedback - it's a storyline, you either like it or you don't. It doesn't impact the way you play the game at all. This is their story and they should work on it as such. Not mine, not yours and certainly not for the community to decide what the Tenno/Warframes are.

Besides, if you think this is all there is to the whole Tenno/Warframe dynamic I suggest waiting for the upcoming lore reveals.

This is CLEARLY mixed feedback. Feedback is what people thought of it. Some liked it, Some don't. That IS clearly mixed feedback.

Plus, we have been getting small hints for a good while now. we've all crafted our theories and now we get to see who was right and who was wrong.

This is CLEARLY mixed feedback. Feedback is what people thought of it. Some liked it, Some don't. That IS clearly mixed feedback.

Its also feedback that they arent going to be revising. we still don't know what the warframes are, but we know who WE are. The Tenno.

You are the Tenno. You are the Operator. Ordis is the cephalon. Ordis is the ship.

What are they gunan tell us now when we do loadouts they swap our batteries and feed it an energy bar to get it going -.-' ya its their lore but taking what the community says into consideration and wanting us to enjoy their game their art is not something you can just shrug off and ignore. Maybe you dont have the sense of connection to some frames like some of us do which is fine. But when any sense of relevance in switching frames is gone, that sucks, you sued to be able to swap frames depending on your mood angry wanna burn stuff protect people smash things etc etc. now its like just pick w/e is the best. Im not a min/max kinda person but now i dont feel the point of not doing it. Idk maybe thats just me. While i dont disagree with what youre saying i also cannot say youre 100% right either

For me it has ruined the game.

Yet another game ruined by talkative generic humans.

The plot was sub par good evangelion fan fiction for crying out load.

Did i imagine someone in the suits? No

Did i imagine that they had distinct personalities? No

Did i enjoy being forced to have a emotional,mental and physical cripple as a liability in the liset? Hell no.

Before

I was the operator.

Now I am not even in the same universe any longer.

If i could kill the kid or roll back my account to never finish the second quest i would.

Heck i just might solve the whole issue by making a new account where i never do any of the lore quests ever again.

Maybe then i can get some enjoyment out of this game again.

As of now DE make it painfully clear that i am not the operator of the warframes any longer.

the brat is.

This completely baffles me.

You always were the Operator (as Ordis kept telling you), and you are still the Operator.

When we play games we normally create an avatar, play a bit of dress up and boom, that's US IN THE GAME.

It's no different here - you always were something mysterious, called an Operator or Tenno, who controlled Warframes.  You were never JUST the Warframe - EVER.  Now what you are, what you have always been roleplaying (the thing  that's controlling the Warframes, the Operator, the Tenno) has been revealed.

Nothing has changed at all, you are still roleplaying the thing you always were, only now you can see it and play dress up with it, just like in any other game.

Edited by Omnimorph

This completely baffles me.

You always were the Operator (as Ordis kept telling you), and you are still the Operator.

When we play games we normally create an avatar, play a bit of dress up and boom, that's US IN THE GAME.

It's no different here - you always were something mysterious, called an Operator or Tenno, who controlled Warframes.  You were never JUST the Warframe - EVER.  Now what you are, what you have always been roleplaying (the thing  that's controlling the Warframes, the Operator, the Tenno) has been revealed.

Nothing has changed at all, you are still roleplaying the thing you always were, only now you can see it and play dress up with it, just like in any other game.

But things have changed, We built this up for several years to have everything brushed away under a mat being told. 'Lolno you are wrong get over it'.

I bet this thread represents how Stalkers are made.

I though kind of the same ...

----

What I don't understand all this compare to VR games. Its not controlling its more being of sort ...

I mean let assume a concept of soul, if you die and realize you are more than a body+person who just died ... I kind of see here a similarity. 

"take into consideration"? The only way they can "take into consideration" is to change the lore completely. As i've stated before - that's like telling an author of a book series that their latest book is "wrong" and that they should change it because you say so.

why bother not like the personality of the frame has ANY relevance lol play what's strong 

Whats strong is all dependant on you. your playstyle will dictate which frame works best. do YOU want to be angry and set things on fire? Be Ember. Do i want to see my enemies explode in a fireworks demonstration? Nova. Do i want to be big and buff and absorb tons of damage? Rhino. Dragon, Rawr? Chroma. Do i want to feel like a Kamen RIder? Equinox. Sneaky A******? Loki. Dubstep? Banshee. NIIIIIIIIINJA! Ash.

"take into consideration"? The only way they can "take into consideration" is to change the lore completely. As i've stated before - that's like telling an author of a book series that their latest book is "wrong" and that they should change it because you say so.

Remember DE can do what they want here, Thye could suprise us both and say Warframes are infact alive. They could make the Orokin return if they wanted.

I guess we'll have to see in future quests.

But things have changed, We built this up for several years to have everything brushed away under a mat being told. 'Lolno you are wrong get over it'.

People built up all sorts of things in their heads, but it turned out not to be true.  My headcanon was shattered too.  But the resolution is so neat, simple and brilliant (and so well hidden in plain sight - obviously, since not a single one of our lore hounds got it right) that I've got no problem dumping the wonky crap I'd built up in my head.

It's not retconned at all, everything is there in the lore and it all makes sense.  Well, maybe it's retconned a bit from what was before the Mad Cephalon update, but it's pretty clear that everything since the Mad Cephalon has been planned out this way.

Edited by Omnimorph

People built up all sorts of things in their heads, but it turned out not to be true.  My headcanon was shattered too.  But the resolution is so neat, simple and brilliant (and so well hidden in plain sight - obviously, since not a single one of our lore hounds got it right) that I've got no problem dumping the wonky crap I'd built up in my head.

It's not retconned at all, everything is there in the lore and it all makes sense.  Well, maybe it's retconned a bit from what was before the Mad Cephalon update, but it's pretty clear that everything since the Mad Cephalon has been planned out this way.

Perhaps.

It's not the end of the world. I can just follow my own headcannon if I wish and make my own storyline if I disagree with some things.