Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] How To Decide Which Path/school/focus To Choose:

sir_deadlock

Your Naramon Ability description is off. It's Chaos being repeatedly cast in a cone.

Imagine if Wukong's first ability didn't stop on contact and caused Radiation procs. It's basically that.

Uhh.. Naramon litteraly just stun locks, they don't attack eachother or anything like that, I should know, I have it.

I plugged in Vazarin lens on my Trinity.

*finds out it heals*

FRAGGGGGGGGGGG

Luckily, the thing also revives and potentially "shields" (though Im not sure what the ward is). 

You can use your 5 ability even without a lens equipped.

I went Vazarin.

Because more exp.

And also reviving people safely and a short instant heal for those rough games that I might have to carry.

Playing Loki also gives me my requisite CC and damage avoidance.

Damage ?

My 6 star weapons will take care of that.

Edited by fatpig84

I chose Vazarin because it sounded the most like my personality and my play style -- I consider both linked -- and when I saw what all the choices were, it just reaffirmed that I made the right decision. 

Vazarin is perfect for my needs, I am going to max this thing all the way out. 

Completely agree. They could have worded the descriptions a bit better, as I picked Unairu, when I thouht it was a healing focus. Plus, I think sorties are good, but I also wish that you could switch your primary focus. Also, getting the lens EXCLUSIVELY through sorties is kinda dumb and quite limiting

I picked Unairu since was worded in away that said DEFENCE but its not its 1 dam LIE its all about turning the enemy to rock so you get to use Atlas 3rd skill so 100% useless.

Unairu needs to be full reworked or to have the Info redone to say some thing like crappy CC only pick me to waste time.

I am fairly pissy about this as you are forced to pick based on a LIE you might get a good tree but odds are you will pick one and its NOTHING at all like it said it was.

Edited by Darzok

Hope you don't mind. I added your description.

I edited the list to mention Unairu is CC, but the upgrades do imply tank, so I put that in there too.

Anybody have edit suggestions, just let me know! ^_^

That was not aimed at you or this topic but the Dev's and there poor choice of words that turned out to be an utter LIE about the path just wish to make that clear.

How i hate those cryptic descriptions. Chance to xyz... Grants increased xyz... increased ... INCREASED BY WHAT EXTENT???

Why can't games in general just write a stupid number next to a effect? How should anyone decide without potential regret which school to pick when they have no damn clue of what it does.

Numbers don't ruin skilldescriptions, they are mandatory!

/rant

Edited by Marrt

Picked Naramon, and while I'm fine and dandy with the ability itself, I have trouble seeing the conceptual relation between "knowing thy enemy" and "stabby-stabby crit"; far too melee focused for my taste, especially considering that, if we take Cephalon Suda's favoured frames, all warframes that should, by all accounts, embody that stance on warfare, are far from melee focused.

It'd make a lot more sense - in purely conceptual terms - for me, if:
- Naramon's melee-centric nodes were moved to Zenurik, as they all literally focus on "Dominating your enemy [up close and personal with temporary stun, high crit melee, and chaining-invisibility/crit]".

- Zenuriks energy-centric nodes were moved to Naramon - excluding Time Stream, Temporal Storm (+speed), Umbra Lance and Magnetic Aftershock - as they seem to cater a lot more to the "Know your enemy [and utilize their weaknesses with abilities, or create weaknesses using confusion]".

One ability in particular makes me feel something was mixed up; Rift Sight.

Being able to more easily perceive enemies seems a lot more in-line with "Knowing your enemy" than "dominating them", to me at least, and conversely being able to chain crit and invisibility in close range feels a lot more like someone "dominating" than "knowing" an enemy. 

Vazarin, because Countering enemies is good.

One of the passivles is a "Send % of damage back to enemies", so it is a counter... Sorta. But I'm happy with it.

Protective Ward gives 5s of immunity against projectiles, I have to test if further to see if it has HP, but so far: very good. If I get the Team one, it will be a lifesaver combined with the one that revives the whole team.

Edited by Kao-Snake

Medusa Touch: Like Saryn's  toxic lash, but petrify proc instead of viral

I knew i was not the only one, look guys, I'm pretty certain that its "petrify retribution" nothing else, I was really excited about it, but it is borderline usless, against everything but infested (in this case it is awesome). Just to clarify you wont be a permastunning machine unless the enemies -melee attack you-

Unairu's Medusa Touch doesn't work like that, I got it and upgraded it to petrify my enemies but it only activates when THEY hit you, not the other way around. Mainly because it was changed to Medusa Skin... I feel lied and betrayed.

Edited by Mawl

I picked Unairu for personality reasons and ended up really enjoying the ability and buffs it had to offer.

Unairu is probably one of the better schools, as being more resilient to damage and gaining more capacity to crowd control enemies is something that's useful on all frames and play styles.

Unairu's Medusa Touch doesn't work like that, I got it and upgraded it to petrify my enemies but it only activates when THEY hit you, not the other way around. Mainly because it was changed to Medusa Skin... I feel lied and betrayed.

Noted and edited into the original post. Thank you for your contribution!

I knew i was not the only one, look guys, I'm pretty certain that its "petrify retribution" nothing else, I was really excited about it, but it is borderline usless, against everything but infested (in this case it is awesome). Just to clarify you wont be a permastunning machine unless the enemies -melee attack you-

Question: would it be more useful if you were a Loki and disarmed all the gun toting enemies?

• 2 weeks later...