Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.0.2

[DE]Rebecca

...why cap focus de...

it already takes so much to rank anything up or get any new stuff.

i could understand it for syndicates so they didn't wear out to fast but the focus system?

you aren't really giving us a reason to bother with it now that its going to take a couple days even to get an upgrade.

on top of the cool-down taking longer the more upgrades you have, which really shouldn't be a thing. 

i really, really, really, really, hope you revert this because this is just not fair. 

• Added a potentially permanent but experimental cap to Daily Focus Points earned, currently it is at 75,000 each day. We will monitor this over the weekend! (Note: End of Missions stats will not reflect the Focus Cap)

C'mon DE, it's a tad bit much to only have us gain Focus exclusively through the affinity THAT Lens-fitted piece of equipment gets, but to add a cap on it too? Really taking a big slice out of the pie for a lot of us.

EDIT: Corrections.

Edited by somabby

So I posted this in the wrong thread earlier, sorry for that, but I cannot apply the landing craft foundry segment to my foundry, well, I do not get the propmt to at least. I have it completed and it is in my inventory. I don't know if this is a known bug or not, but I am just letting you lot know. Good job with the new update by the way, I liked it a lot!

EDIT: About the cap on the Focus...  I feel that this would be a bad thing, even if you increased the ammount of focus gained. Although I would like to say that for the most part you have been good devs, so I will not lose my mind over the few things that you have done that I don't agree with.

Edited by Bullet7.62mm

AAAAAND I'm off to bed. Thanks for the hype-kill.

Seriously.

"Limited time to play? Here, get #*($%%@ over with Nitain"

"Lots of time to play? Here, have XP caps"

Stop with this arbitrary limiting nonsense please and let the players control what they want to do and how much.

For real. Systems like this can only hurt the game. DE should have learned that by now. 

• Added a potentially permanent but experimental cap to Daily Focus Points earned, currently it is at 75,000 each day. We will monitor this over the weekend! (Note: End of Missions stats will not reflect the Focus Cap)

haha even though when you put it on vauban you can only get like 2k per mission anyway?

Seriously, unless you're planning to reduce the cost of upgrading focus abilities by a factor of 10 this focus cap is a garbage Idea which only infuriates players trying to grind focus.

This is a free to play game, doesn't that mean you want people to play it for hours on end? Why implement things to discourage them from doing so when they have the time to do it.

• Added a potentially permanent but experimental cap to Daily Focus Points earned, currently it is at 75,000 each day. We will monitor this over the weekend! (Note: End of Missions stats will not reflect the Focus Cap

this is the biggest u18 hype kill, finally a big grind and you're gonna limit it.

Finally a good grind for endgame which you can expand on and keep veterans players busy and you wanna cap it.

lmao no, limiting the cap increases the grind, wtf are you talking about?

lmao no, limiting the cap increases the grind, wtf are you talking about?

No...what are you talking about? It doesn't increase the grind. It only increases the time put in overall. I would have to keep waiting for the next day to get some focus points. For ppl like myself, putting in 12 hours in one day to get the most out of my time is "The Grind." Once I hit 75k now, Its over til my next day off or when i get a chance to play because i'm out with my children. Thats not grinding....its insanity.

The Grinder Rests!

bought myself a 2x affinity booster yesterday because i was thinking hey! it works on focus point gaining rate too plus tomorrow is weekends! until this freaking morning i saw this freaking patch note...really DE? really? this is one hell of a cheapshot in the balls, either u implement the damn cap in the very beginning of the u18 or u give us some notices for at least a week before dropping the bomb. not cool man, not cool.

Addendum: 'potentially permanent' also means potentially not, we're just trying to figure out the best way to have meaningful earns and pacing.

Yeah, no.

I understand that grind and limiting availability are neccessary to delay players bursting through content. But "daily cap" really means "Player is more likely to return the next day because he doesn't want to miss the 75k, the game is more likely to become a daily routine, then he's more inclined to spend money."

If there's not enough people going "hey, that's BS and I don't like that" then even with perfect grind/earning balance with super amazing pacing we would never get rid of the cap.

They added a lot of good things in this update, but the fact that add "Caps" to everything. Reducing our freedom. Hurts. Give us the freedom, we'll enjoy your game nonetheless. People are still getting on, getting their syndicate caps, just to get keys without having to do boring endless missions to get their 21,000. We log on to enjoy the game, we're not logging on to play red light, green light. We enjoy the game, I hope I don't have to state it once again. Caps are the brakes. What's the point in having people log on for a few hours to complete their dailies, just to hop onto a different game. DE, you can do better, there's always a better way to keep people coming back everyday than just caps.