Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.0.2

[DE]Rebecca

• Added a potentially permanent but experimental cap to Daily Focus Points earned, currently it is at 75,000 each day. We will monitor this over the weekend! (Note: End of Missions stats will not reflect the Focus Cap). Addendum: 'potentially permanent' also means potentially not, we're just trying to figure out the best way to have meaningful earns and pacing.

As a game development major in college, this is one of the most interesting parts of the update to me. i'm only a freshman, so take what i say with a grain of salt. It should be noted however that almost every post in the six pages preceding this was raging about this, and I have to say that I personally agree.

Although I have yet to get any of the passives and can't comment on their usefulness, the amount of focus required versus the amount of focus gained per mission is astonishing. This is in addition to the fact that the first stage of zenurik is essentially a limited version of Bastille, and the entirety of every other tree is hidden from view until 50,000 focus has been gained in each one.

This means that before making an informed decision on which tree to pursue, players would need to get 200,000 focus, which is capping two days in a row, and then using a third of the next day's cap, and that tree likely won't get to be truly worth using until much later. i could see this time frame being explainable were this a pay to play game with defined tiers of content and stages of difficulty, but... to be honest this just doesn't fit.

In a game where we can see the stats of every weapon before we buy it, and can get descriptions of abilities on new frames before deciding to get them, the lack of information on the other focuses feels foreign. in a game where a good two hours will get a frame, primary, secondary, and melee to max rank and ready for trials, this progression cap and length of time between purchase and usability feels strangling.

All the same, this is my favorite game to play, and it feels spectacular aside from the little things like these.

Thanks, DE.

• Added a potentially permanent but experimental cap to Daily Focus Points earned, currently it is at 75,000 each day. We will monitor this over the weekend! (Note: End of Missions stats will not reflect the Focus Cap). Addendum: 'potentially permanent' also means potentially not, we're just trying to figure out the best way to have meaningful earns and pacing.

I understand the reasoning for this, much like Syndicates, but if you're going to have a cap on focus, then the rate at which we need to gain focus needs to increase, or lens need to be more readily available.  Also Focus bonus missions.

As of right now, 4 rounds of even carefully slow-capped Draco yield about 8-10k, requiring at least 5-8 runs for 50-75k.  And that's IF carefully managed.

The problem is, much like Syndicates, the rate of gain is a bit painfully slow given the costs incurred per upgrade.

• Fixed Eximus Stronghold Sorties not properly spawning Eximus enemies.

-Well it did spawn one, or two...

• Fixed holding down the melee button during a slide attack triggering another slide attack.

-What is this? Coptering?

• Fixed Archwing Exterminate Missions spawning only one or two enemies.

-Easiest nitain ever!

I understand the reasoning for this, much like Syndicates, but if you're going to have a cap on focus, then the rate at which we need to gain focus needs to increase, or lens need to be more readily available.  Also Focus bonus missions.

As of right now, 4 rounds of even carefully slow-capped Draco yield about 8-10k, requiring at least 5-8 runs for 50-75k.  And that's IF carefully managed.

The problem is, much like Syndicates, the rate of gain is a bit painfully slow given the costs incurred per upgrade.

Well stated without the rage incorperated. I agree with him. As for the rest of U18, I think that the operator customization is a bit quirky right now since I went down the Urian (I think thats what its called, sorry but I'm a bit tired right now) path but am only able to equip the Zarimon (again, no disrespect is meant to you or your work DE, I am just forgetful) suit cosmetics. Also, is anyone else expiriencing the inability to activate the landing craft foundry segment or is it just me?

Edited by Bullet7.62mm

Added a potentially permanent but experimental cap to Daily Focus Points earned, currently it is at 75,000 each day. We will monitor this over the weekend! (Note: End of Missions stats will not reflect the Focus Cap)

To be honest, I'd rather this not be a thing. If people want to grind to the ends of the earth for this, they should be allowed to. I would, however, like it if shared affinity actually contributed to this--instead of just the affinity you earn directly. Besides, the rate is abysmal--if people bought lenses to make a greater lens or two, why punish them for the fact other people sold theirs? Or haven't been blessed by RNG to get any from the Sorties yet?

Aside from that, I make the recommendation to everyone that their first lens go into their favorite Warframe above all else.

Good evening... Now that I was kind maintaining I am going to bang my fit of bad temper. The system of focus is badly made it is necessary to see again him especially for the allocation and to remove the limit. You go to lose of the world.

I would say 75,000 cap each day.... it not enough, and it gonna take time like a month or more than that to max out some Focus before go to other Focus that players should enjoin and test their new power and pick the one they like the most, but the points is hardly to gain than I expect even do with the stealth kill bonus+affinity booster it still get like 18-50 each kill... and to level up the Power for just the basic first level use 75k and then the next level is use 110k+ to max it out that kinna cruel in my opinion that what I can say at this moment even though I have a lot of thing to say.

Please DE, this bug has been on since i started playing warframe, my warframes and weapons energy color go to the default color when im not the host in a game, also Hysteria has some energy color bugs when i channel it.
Its been too long and it ruins the Fashion Factor by alot to me.
Now that Second dream, was freaking awesome and i hope there is more, i would spend more money on warframe, but the plat to money ration is so horrible that i have to wait an eternity to get it :\

DE, i thought i'd inform you, because this has made multiplayer impossible

i have gotten several host migrations since update 18 came out

it all happens at random, but i end up losing mods and rewards

what if i did a mission and the stalker dropped his war blueprint, but host migration happened?

i can't take this!

4cb.gif

An idea DE, if you want to cap the Focus System, how about instead of a hard cap, it's like a cap per item. Like, 50k Cap per Warframe with lens on, 25k cap per weapon with lens, etc. I don't agree with capping the system per day, but if we were to go that route, do it cap per item instead.

Welp... Hotfix number 2 of U18 and I am still unable to access second dream quest in spite of finishing natahs quest and verifying game cache multiple times and even completely reinstalling warframe and since its the weekend I imagine my support ticket isn't being answered anytime soon so I really hope you guys have another hotfix soon or these is really gonna kill the U18 weekend I had planned.