Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.0.2

[DE]Rebecca

Hey DE, it seems theres a network issue with host migration and keeping stats up to date. I was in a sortie for about 45 minutes, and in the last minute the host left the game and when we finished the mission my stats were not reflective of the kills i got or the amounts of abilities i used and drops i picked up etc. please look into this as i am apparently now out an entire 8k focus among many other rewards i would have gotten. Thanks

I would really like help, I want to play the quest but whenever I try to play it(solo or multiplayer) it crashes Warframe. Because I want to fully experience the quest this makes me force myself to not watch spoilers including the dev podcast. I would appreciate if I could get some help in order to fully immerse myself in the awesomeness of the second dream. Ps. how do you start discussions?

so uh

• Added a potentially permanent but experimental cap to Daily Focus Points earned, currently it is at 75,000 each day. We will monitor this over the weekend! (Note: End of Missions stats will not reflect the Focus Cap). Addendum: 'potentially permanent' also means potentially not, we're just trying to figure out the best way to have
    meaningful earns and pacing.

you need to either remove the cap or reduce the hundreds of millions of affinity required to complete this. do you want a ucking repeat of viver? do you want to be seen as a greedy corporate entity and not a company of friends and family creating and maintaining a videogame? this is exactly how you get those things to happen, again. the grind for this is too large and you're only extending the grind by capping it, alongside forcing players to acquire the affinity through kills and not squad participation. this system in its current state promotes solo play and punishes players who don't compete for kills when playing in public missions.

you have two options: remove the cap, or move the quantity of focus required two decimal places to the left.

furthermore the fact that adding a passive to your entry-focus-ability increases the cooldown is IMBECILIC! have you ever seen how other games manage cooldowns of abilities!? the go down with rank in most other games.

U18.0.3

Future Hotfix!!!

Added a potentially (it's probably permanent) permanent but experimental (it's going to be permanent) cap to mods earned, currently the cap is at 50 mods each day. We won't be monitoring this over the weekend, because it's definitely permanent. Permanent, permanent permanent permanent, permanent permanent, purrmanent.

Oh in case you don't understand Permanente, I also speak in dailies and caps.

DAILIES DAILIES

Thank you.

Let me edit this so everyone will understand the point I'm getting across without the sarcastic filter. Capping Focus is like capping our ability as a tenno, or capping our mods, whichever analogy you prefer. People seek power, and letting them seek it through hours and hours of hard work at whatever pace they want, becomes their own reward. Putting a cap on it is like telling those who can't achieve 75,000 "You should achieve 75,000", and those who do "You're making too much progress, slow the F*** down and quit playing our game for so long." I want to be able to go out, and obtain the 200k to unlock all 4 schools. I won't be able to obtain the damn lens, because they're hiding behind another daily called a "sortie" (which are as easy as any other mission or tactical alert in this game).

Once I obtain this power what will I do in it? Bathe in it, and use it to wreak havoc among my common enemies. I don't no-life games, I do play this game daily though, but not to do dailies. It's to go out onto the battlefield and rip S#&$ apart (and get prime parts for the next 2 week trader). Gaining focus was a bonus, but now there's a @(*()$ cap? So now if I don't hit 75,000 I'm going to feel like I missed out on a day. Great.

I loved U18 so much. It was what everyone has wanted since the starchart removal, it's what quest lovers have been dreaming of. It's what frame symbiosis theorists wet our beds for. I always thought it would be cool for warframes to have a "fifth ability that is shared among other warframes". I even remember a friend in the council talking about it wayy back. Unfortunately, they #*($%%@ it up. At this point, if you've waited 2 years just for your hearts to get smashed in, hoping DE would do it right... I feel your pain.

Edited by MarrokAtar

• Added a potentially permanent but experimental cap to Daily Focus Points earned, currently it is at 75,000 each day. We will monitor this over the weekend! (Note: End of Missions stats will not reflect the Focus Cap). Addendum: 'potentially permanent' also means potentially not, we're just trying to figure out the best way to have meaningful earns and pacing.

Even the Mass Effect 3 ending was bettter than this.

And please, return throwing melee and Mios charge attack to what it was.

Edited by -FMJ-Skepticism-

People coming out of the woodwork to complain about daily Focus caps. Hilarious! Why is this change fiercely contested? Literally every MMO out there, from the modern day WoWsers to Perfect World "games" cap stuff on daily and weekly timers. And where the Hek were you people when they capped syndicate rep? Could've used you then.

Where's the "/rolleyes" emote?

Well whatever. It's not like gaining Focus is hard.

So that Eximus change. GOOD. That was bizarre last night, running the survival but not seeing all that many. It said it was an Eximus base, I was promised Eximi! I didn't even see one 'til the five minute mark.

Big fan of the Sorties so far! I can actually bring my best weapons and mods and frames, and it doesn't feel like ridiculous overkill anymore. Just regular overkill. Winky face.

After taking the time reading through this thread I definitely agree with what seems to be the majority that adding yet another cap is not really a good idea. Also, what really is the reason for capping things like progression in such a manner based on the actions of a few out of the playing community as a whole? A lot of times when I saw these threads mentioning caps of some form or another it was some reaction to, yet again, a few out of the majority of players spam farming Draco. Like some have said in previous pages, it adds some form of obligations to reach these numbers and then either just go farm affinity for weapons and frames to complete or install another forma. I like this game, and I've certainly enjoyed a lot of the new features and content that has been added, but I don't really see the reasoning for capping everyone in the player community on focus points, syndicate rep, and progression overall based on the progression rate of a few.

Definitely not liking this trend that seems to be emerging, what else is in danger of losing progression freedom? As a side request to those who are finding methods to more rapidly progress, please be careful on what you're progressing quickly. There's no telling what might be nerfed by "the cap" next.

Edited by Cmdr_Forge

Digital Extremes, the new Comcast, GG guys, pro biz strats

Sir, if you want to go above 75000 focus, it will be $10 for each 10000. Up to a max 90000, after which you will be disconnected out of the game.

Sir, it's only 4 nitain per day, if you dont sleep, otherwise 2, if you dont have a job, 1 if you do. Sir you can't go above that cap, sir calm down or im gonna call the police.

Edited by nms64

Everyone sitting here complaining about focus caps and thrown melee weapons when a large group of people cannot actually play the game for more than 5 minutes because the game drops below 1fps. Every single thread in the performance section of the bug forums is about this problem, it doesn't matter how badass your computer is, if you got unlucky like me, you can't even play.

Everyone sitting here complaining about focus caps and thrown melee weapons when a large group of people cannot actually play the game for more than 5 minutes because the game drops below 1fps. Every single thread in the performance section of the bug forums is about this problem, it doesn't matter how badass your computer is, if you got unlucky like me, you can't even play.

Sir, calm down, FPS caps are common in the industry. 300 plat to remove the cap, only up to 60.

Edited by nms64

Sir, calm down, FPS caps are common in the industry. 300 plat to remove the cap, only up to 60.

I'd pay for 20 FPS right now. I wasn't kidding about it being less than 1. The game turns into a slideshow. And a slow one at that.

Edited by yugas42